2023-2024 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they going in order of completion date?
I heard this second hand and don't know if it's true so take it with a grain of salt - but apparently in the past they've used thresholds so apps that score higher based on their internal system get looked at first - if your app doesn't meet their initial thresholds it gets put in a "review later" pile. As they lower the threshold earlier apps may then get reviewed or put back into the "review later" que.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I'm overthinking this, but was offered a II for next week and have COVID, so they offered me an interview for last week of Oct. Did I totally screw myself over? I just feel like I've been wiped out by COVID and don't want to risk not interviewing at my best..

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I'm overthinking this, but was offered a II for next week and have COVID, so they offered me an interview for last week of Oct. Did I totally screw myself over? I just feel like I've been wiped out by COVID and don't want to risk not interviewing at my best..

You're definitely overthinking this.

At OHSU, if you are interviewing, you are interviewing for a spot. Interviewing in October will not be a disadvantage. Even interviewing in March would not be a disadvantage. You did the right thing. Better to nail your interview than interview a few weeks earlier.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else who submitted a while ago still not marked complete? Secondary submitted early August, committee letter submitted the following week 👀

Anyone else who submitted a while ago still not marked complete? Secondary submitted early August, committee letter submitted the following week 👀
I submitted mine last night — are you supposed to receive an email saying you’re complete?

I submitted August 21st and received an update request on September 19th, and was marked complete the same day!

I submitted August 21st and received an update request on September 19th, and was marked complete the same day!
Oh! Interesting! Thank you. I have not heard of update requests. Can I ask if you are IS or OOS? I wonder if I should reach out to them?

Oh! Interesting! Thank you. I have not heard of update requests. Can I ask if you are IS or OOS? I wonder if I should reach out to them?
I am OOS! It was for legal documentation... I doubt many others would receive the same request.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're definitely overthinking this.

At OHSU, if you are interviewing, you are interviewing for a spot. Interviewing in October will not be a disadvantage. Even interviewing in March would not be a disadvantage. You did the right thing. Better to nail your interview than interview a few weeks earlier.
Thanks for this. I appreciate this info and your response <3

I just finished the pre-interview written question on the applicant portal. It doesn't show anywhere that it's submitted. Is this the same for everyone?

Just want to make sure that it was properly submitted and everything. Thanks.
Is this pre-interview question similar to Casper questions since they removed the requirement for it this year?

Is this pre-interview question similar to Casper questions since they removed the requirement for it this year?
The pre-interview question is not anywhere near as complicated or stressful as the Casper questions, and it's not really something you can study for. Without giving too much away, I will say it's pretty straightforward and nothing to stress about (speaking as someone who was definitely very stressed about it beforehand).

Reactions: 2 users
Idk if this helps but For anyone wondering class of 2027
~120 classified as in-state
~30 out of state
8 MD PhD

Reactions: 2 users
II received! Out of state but California ties (idk if that matters) complete 09/07

Reactions: 4 users
Me too!!! II OOS received today! Shocked to say the least completed 8/14

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know if they post the match list anywhere? the youtube video of match day said that they did but 2022 isnt on the master sdn thread

Has there been much heard from OHSU? IS complete 9/12. No word

has anyone done the writing prompt thing for the interview? I'm scared to haha

OHSU marked my app complete at the very end of September. 😬💔

Has anyone heard updates about post-II decision timeline? I know at interview orientation they said most applicants will be placed on hold until January-April, but it looks like some As went out Nov 23rd-ish last cycle. Thanks!

Admissions decisions are about 6 weeks out or so and they will let you know if you have an A (15% of remaining spots are offered each interview group), W, or R. This is per Dr. Cloutier, the assistant dean for UME admissions.

Admissions decisions are about 6 weeks out or so and they will let you know if you have an A (15% of remaining spots are offered each interview group), W, or R. This is per Dr. Cloutier, the assistant dean for UME admissions.
6 weeks out from interview date, or 6 weeks from now?

6 weeks out from interview date, or 6 weeks from now?
Interview date. That's also approximate, it can be longer depending on how fast they can go through applications.

As in all things admissions related, be patient - you'll get a notification sooner or later. I'm still waiting on updates from like 8 schools after completing secondaries and I'm not sweating it.

Interview date. That's also approximate, it can be longer depending on how fast they can go through applications.

As in all things admissions related, be patient - you'll get a notification sooner or later. I'm still waiting on updates from like 8 schools after completing secondaries and I'm not sweating it.
They also were upfront that 6 weeks was their goal, but that (realistically) they may not meet it. I'm personally trying not to think about it, and to be prepared to not to hear anything till April.

Anyone know how long it take from the time you are complete to receiving an interview?

Anyone know how long it take from the time you are complete to receiving an interview?
Too many factors go into this for there to be a good answer for your question. People who were complete in August may not get an interview invitation until January or later. People who were complete in October could hear within days. Or vice versa.

It isn't just a matter of going through the pile and offering interviews as applications come in. It's a matter of in v. out of state, mission group (and which one), WICHE v. not WICHE, which program you're applying to. Completion date has almost nothing to do with it.

The best thing you can do is just be patient. Trying to anticipate the process is an exercise in futility and frustration.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my secondary on 8/25. My file was marked complete on 9/07, and I received an interview invite on 9/11.
omg LOL. tell me to prepare for the next cycle without telling me to prepare for the next cycle.

• Haha