2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LizzyM Score - 69.40
AMCAS - 37 / MD secondaries submitted - 30 / DO secondaries submitted - 2
OOS - Rejection ( Oakland Beaumont)
OOS -‘Interview Hold’ status ( University of Arizona Tucson)
Did you an email today?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone have their LOR's with a red exclamation mark until they submitted? Mine are still coming up that way, but that doesn't make sense because I've submitted the required letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone have their LOR's with a red exclamation mark until they submitted? Mine are still coming up that way, but that doesn't make sense because I've submitted the required letters.
Just checked and mine are checked off but it says they were received 5 days after I submitted by secondary. If you recently submitted they may just need to be verified still

submitted 7/10 and my status still says "complete"...anyone else? do people usually go complete --> under review --> II or does it go straight from complete to II?

submitted 7/10 and my status still says "complete"...anyone else? do people usually go complete --> under review --> II or does it go straight from complete to II?
Mine still says complete, submitted around the same time, haven't heard back one way or the other from them

Does anyone else keep receiving admission webinar review session invites? It means nothing right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they track time taken to complete secondary? Is it too late to submit (received 7/6)?
I wonder what you have been doing with your time for the past 6 weeks? Read the interview invitation email for each school to see if there is a hard deadline.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate for this school?

Worth applying with a low preview score? 515 MCAT but lowest score on Preview :( I'd love to go here!

Worth applying with a low preview score? 515 MCAT but lowest score on Preview :( I'd love to go here!
Yes! PREview is only used when making the final admissions decision and is only used to tip the scales when there are difficult decisions for WL -> A's.

Source: talking with OUWB adcoms/physicians.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
IS II today. LM 70. Complete 7/27. Got a 6 on PREview. :)

Reactions: 2 users
HI, is it worth applying here with a 503 MCAT? I am instate and I have a good application otherwise ( I think) Is anyone else applying with similar mcat?

Oh i meant submitting secondary btw! Not sure if u meant its too late for secondaries too..
You have a 0% chance of getting into a school you did NOT apply to. If you want to go here, shoot your shot. Its still August 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Edit: I applied to wayyyy to many schools and I am still doing a few secondaries today. It's either meant to be or it's not. Good luck :love:

• Care
You have a 0% chance of getting into a school you did NOT apply to. If you want to go here, shoot your shot. Its still August 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Edit: I applied to wayyyy to many schools and I am still doing a few secondaries today. It's either meant to be or it's not. Good luck :love:
needed that motivation, thank you and good luck to you too!!

• Care
Has anyone attended the Diversity & Inclusion Panel the night before?

How much weight is on the preview exam? Should I retake a 1 since OUWB recommends it?

Does anyone know if you find out who your interviewers are beforehand?
Edit-- Found my own answer: Yes, under the interview agreement!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how this school processes secondaries? I'm trying to figure out if they are assigning interviews chronologically?
Submitted 7/19 and radio silence, wondering if that's a soft R at this point.

Does anyone know if you find out who your interviewers are beforehand?
Edit-- Found my own answer: Yes, under the interview agreement!
Sorry, where was this? Can't find it in my secondary portal...

Hmm I don't see that. My Interview tab literally just shows that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 11.55.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 11.55.57 PM.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 203