2023-2024 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Manifesting a Feinberg interview. I submitted 7/23 and this is my dream school. Poured my heart into the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Northwestern Master of Science in Law Advertisement Invitation

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Ahhh OOS II received! And just as I was trying to cook up a pre-II LOI too lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.
I have no idea cuz the II came in before I sent mine. Their portal specifically has an upload option for a pre-II continued interest letter so I imagine that's something they welcome. I'd go for it if you don't hear in a couple weeks!

Reactions: 1 users
Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.
imo it can only help, not hurt. The vibe I got was that the school is very receptive to communication throughout the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like pre-II might come off as desperate if you don't have something substantial to update. I'm in the same spot - Feinberg is definitely my top choice, so if it's well received I might send one. Any adcoms have insight?

• Dislike
I feel like pre-II might come off as desperate if you don't have something substantial to update. I'm in the same spot - Feinberg is definitely my top choice, so if it's well received I might send one. Any adcoms have insight?
Substantial updates are good but so are specific reasons for wanting to go there beyond generic stuff like curriculum lots of research and location. family/support in the area, having a relationship or connection with a particular researcher, and knowing current students there could be solid to add. Also, if they are legit your top choice and you would go if you got in I would SAY THAT explicitly (assuming it is true). That is important for them to know. Just my thoughts at least

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Substantial updates are good but so are specific reasons for wanting to go there beyond generic stuff like curriculum lots of research and location. family/support in the area, having a relationship or connection with a particular researcher, and knowing current students there could be solid to add. Also, if they are legit your top choice and you would go if you got in I would SAY THAT explicitly (assuming it is true). That is important for them to know. Just my thoughts at least
I had a substantial update that I put in already. Maybe putting in a purely interest letter can be impactful because it also shows you took the time to write it specifically for them? I'm trying to figure out when to send one bc I just recently updated them.

Although I categorized my publication update as a general application update, not sure if that is correct or a blunder. Anyone have any insight?

They really need to stop with these newsletters - my heart can't handle no more.

me when i actually have met james guo before

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
+1 Newsletter received! BMI 21, Resting heart rate 58, 5.3% Hba1c, Sonny main on TCM

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Can I leverage this newsletter to get an II from Harvard?

Can I leverage this newsletter to get an II from Harvard?
you're selling yourself short. You could potentially get a full COA scholarship from them if you play your cards right.

you're selling yourself short. You could potentially get a full COA scholarship from them if you play your cards right.
They said "A day in the life of a medical student" because they're obviously giving me direct admittance without interview. This explains why I didn't receive an invite.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
They said "A day in the life of a medical student" because they're obviously giving me direct admittance without interview. This explains why I didn't receive an invite.
actual good take lmao

IS II just now! I wish celebration cartwheels were acceptable in the workplace, because I am so pumped

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II received just now, complete 9/3, LM 81

• Care
  • Love
Website says "If you submit Individual Letters, you will need to submit a total of three separate letters to meet Feinberg’s letters requirement." Has anyone submitted more than three letters and gotten an interview? I have another strong letter I would've liked to add. It doesn't say maximum # or minimum so I am unsure. My undergrad doesn't have committee letters.

Website says "If you submit Individual Letters, you will need to submit a total of three separate letters to meet Feinberg’s letters requirement." Has anyone submitted more than three letters and gotten an interview? I have another strong letter I would've liked to add. It doesn't say maximum # or minimum so I am unsure. My undergrad doesn't have committee letters.
I'd recommend you give them a call or just stick to three. I wouldn't submit more than that if you can't find literature from them saying more is ok.

I'd recommend you give them a call or just stick to three. I wouldn't submit more than that if you can't find literature from them saying more is ok.
I had a similar situation and called and asked. They said please only upload a fourth one when invited for an interview.

OOS II received now! LM 77. Secondary complete 7/18.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ok I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.

Ok I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.
LOI =/= update letter tho substantial updates are helpful to beef an LOI up. At my interview they said they interview thru Jan so plenty of time left. I would wait another couple weeks before trying to send something?

Don't have much advice, but I'll just say I'm in the same spot as you. Feinberg is my number one choice and I've been debating if/when to send a LOI/update given that my application hasn't changed much since July. I just keep reminding myself that they interview into January/February

+1 invite to apply to the Master of Science Law. Complete 7/20, 6'5, NBA player, multi-billionaire.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
We don't have a WAMC to dx any possible issues. LOIs don't really matter as long as you sent your app fee.

Hi all, current student here with a little insight into admissions (not much): send Letters of Interest. They do help.

They will NOT make or break and are far from guaranteeing you an interview, but sending them do not hurt you at Northwestern. If they are truly are your #1, just re-state the reasons why you want to go there and that they remain a top school for you. It really is all you can do at this point.