2023-2024 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am interviewing on 1/30. Does anyone that has interviewed have any advice on the actual interview or how you prepared?
Congrats on your interview! I felt like the interview I had here was super genuine. It felt more like a conversation about them really getting to know you as a person than any other school I interviewed at. My advice would just to come across as your genuine self and don’t try and feed them answers you think they want to hear. Good luck w your interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your interview! I felt like the interview I had here was super genuine. It felt more like a conversation about them really getting to know you as a person than any other school I interviewed at. My advice would just to come across as your genuine self and don’t try and feed them answers you think they want to hear. Good luck w your interview!
thank you so much!

Completed 07/23 & under “preliminary review”. Just today 01/31 they sent me another email saying “active review”. Anyone else in the same boat? LM: 64.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed 07/23 & under “preliminary review”. Just today 01/31 they sent me another email saying “active review”. Anyone else in the same boat? LM: 64.
ive been in active review since november lol LM 65

Same! The application season is dragging....

Can any current students give their general input about their experience at LSU Shreveport!
Great experience! Can’t say enough good things about the curriculum. Not having in-house exams has been great. I feel like all of the content we are tested on is pertinent to step 1 which will make for a much easier time when dedicated step studying rolls around. Congrats to all!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/6 Got a letter in the mail today saying that I’m on the acceptable list/WL. Praying I get an A! Does anyone know how often they meet?

Officially gave up my LSUHS seat, I hope whoever gets it becomes a great MD!

Officially gave up my LSUHS seat, I hope whoever gets it becomes a great MD!
I will give up my acceptance also
Not sure about their future ….see below

Dear LSUHS Community,

On March 10, 2023, the School of Medicine at LSU Health Shreveport received official notice that our medical education program (leading to the M.D. degree) remains fully accredited but has been placed on probation by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). This action was taken by the LCME following a virtual survey visit for full accreditation on April 25-27, 2022.

• Wow

Dear LSUHS Community,

On March 10, 2023, the School of Medicine at LSU Health Shreveport received official notice that our medical education program (leading to the M.D. degree) remains fully accredited but has been placed on probation by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). This action was taken by the LCME following a virtual survey visit for full accreditation on April 25-27, 2022.
From what I can gather, no school has ever lost their accreditation after being placed on probation so I wouldn't expect LSUHS to be the first. From what their website says they have another review sometime this year, so we shall see. LSUHS is my only acceptance though, so I'll be going there regardless at this point.

Dear LSUHS Community,

this literally means nothing, no MD school has ever lost their accreditation, if anything will make the school further improve across the board.

If I haven’t gotten an interview, should I give up hope at this point? Are they still actively interviewing people? I’m IS, Bioengineering major 3.7 GPA, MCAT 508

If I haven’t gotten an interview, should I give up hope at this point? Are they still actively interviewing people? I’m IS, Bioengineering major 3.7 GPA, MCAT 508
Their timeline on their website says interviews are going until March.

Current interview dates are through mid-March.

Just got offered an interview. Latest interview date is April 9th. Declining my interview for one of you hopeful doctors :)

• Love
Has anyone gotten an acceptance to LSU shreveport this cycle as an out of state with strong ties to LSU shreveport?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance to LSU shreveport this cycle as an out of state with strong ties to LSU shreveport?
Can’t speak to OOS but there are only ~80 accepted students in the Facebook group so the class is only about half full as of now. I’d expect a lot of WL movement with that being said

What do you mean by moderate ties? Just trying to guage if my ties are strong or weak.
Mom was born and raised in Shreveport and her family still lives there. I used to visit as a kid. Have more close family who live somewhat near Shreveport in Dallas.

Is the interview season over here? Never got an II, but never got an R either.

Just interviewed today (4/9) and we were told that at this time all spots were full. Dr. Thomas encouraged us that there's a lot of movement at the end of April and in May so don't be discouraged, but for those of us who interviewed today we were essentially interviewing for the waitlist.

Is anyone aware of whether or not we are allowed to ask admissions what spot on the waitlist we are?

Does anyone know if you get an email ahead of time saying a letter is on the way via snail mail or do you just have to keep an eye out in your mailbox?

Does anyone know if you get an email ahead of time saying a letter is on the way via snail mail or do you just have to keep an eye out in your mailbox?
You just have to keep an eye out for it. Or you could sign up for USPS Informed Delivery, it's free!

• Care