2023-2024 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS, interviewed 8/31, A sent on 11/16 to permanent address, came in the mail on 11/18, nothing updated on portal and no email, better late than never !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg I got accepted! I’m gonna be a doctor!!!! They just sent me an email like 1 minute ago and a portal update and there is this “there is a mail for which we don’t have a picture in my informed delivery!!! All glory to the almighty God I’m crying omg omg
CONGRATSSSS!!!!!! May I ask what ur stats r?

Last edited:
Omg I got accepted! I’m gonna be a doctor!!!! They just sent me an email like 1 minute ago and a portal update and there is this “there is a mail for which we don’t have a picture in my informed delivery!!! All glory to the almighty God I’m crying omg omg
When did you interview!!!? CONGRATS

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the turn around time from when they are reviewing g your application?

Does this portal update mean they are done for the month?
Not sure but might be. Take a mental break to focus on other things in life (I know said than done but take solace in your strength just going through this grueling experience). God will take you where he knows you’ll thrive ♥️

USPS really had the audacity to inform me of the "piece of mail in today's delivery without an image" just for me to anxiously wait through 9 hours of work, come home and find a sheet of coupons 😭 Oh well, if portal updates were really today then massive congrats to all who got the A and best of luck to the rest of us 🫶

On a related note, if those who got accepted this month would be willing to share when they got the "Application Complete" email, that'd be awesome :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
LM around 65 but two first author pubs, 1200 clinical + nonclinical hours and 1200+ research hours. Went to undergrad in Indiana but OOS resident
WOW! Amazing EC, well deserved!! Hopefully I join u sometime in the next few months 😭

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If there’s an admitted student chat, would someone mind dropping the link? :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what happens if we say we accept the admissions offer? Does that mean we have to withdraw all of our applications from other schools and that we are tied to IU? When do we choose a campus location? This is for regular decisions not ED

Does anyone know what happens if we say we accept the admissions offer? Does that mean we have to withdraw all of our applications from other schools and that we are tied to IU? When do we choose a campus location? This is for regular decisions not ED
Non-binding acceptance, they just wanna know that they’re not burning an A. You can rank the campuses on AMP right away but won’t be assigning until May I think.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Wait so does this mean they already made decisions for December A’s and that those who received the under consideration email didn’t get accepted for Dec or does it mean ur still under consideration for December as well?

Wait so does this mean they already made decisions for December A’s and that those who received the under consideration email didn’t get accepted for Dec or does it mean ur still under consideration for December as well?
If you check last year's thread someone interviewed early October, got the same email Dec 1, then got notified of acceptance Dec 22nd. So still under consideration. I'm in the same boat

Last edited:
If you checked last year's thread someone interviewed early October, got the same email Dec 1, then got notified of acceptance Dec 22nd. So still under consideration. I'm in the same boat
Whew sweet thank you! Hopefully our Christmas will be a good one with an A haha

August interview and haven’t heard anything

A little confused on the timeline of decisions for UMP tbh - I’ve heard that if you get in, they let you know at a different time than general admissions but I’m honestly not sure. I wonder if they’ve sent out any so far

Does anyone know how good the financial aid/ scholarship is for low income students but with low MCAT score?

Asking for a friend:

Has anyone else been asked for a "2nd interview"? If so, what is the context? Does this mean they are being considered for a different campus choice or have a good chance at getting accepted?

or if this has already been discussed could I get a link to the thread? Thx

• Hmm
Asking for a friend:

Has anyone else been asked for a "2nd interview"? If so, what is the context? Does this mean they are being considered for a different campus choice or have a good chance at getting accepted?

Never heard of such a thing. Maybe they couldn’t determine whether or not to accept your friend based on the first interview so they need to conduct another one to decide on the decision? You can also call and check, they usually don’t ask you for your name or ID, so there’s less chance they’ll find you annoying or identify who you are.

Asking for a friend:

Is there an update for this? I'm curious about what a 2nd interview is too, I haven't heard of one before!

How to submit an update here?

I think you can upload one to the applicant portal.

Is there an update for this? I'm curious about what a 2nd interview is too, I haven't heard of one before!

I think you can upload one to the applicant portal.
Update for anyone who cares:

I received a few DMs from other people being asked for a second interview or had already completed one in the past. It seems as if it's just a way for the adcoms to find out more details about you that were not addressed in your initial interview. It doesn't seem to correlate with a previous waitlist or rejection, although it does seem people who are asked for a second interview are likely to receive a favorable decision. :giggle:

Update for anyone who cares:

I received a few DMs from other people being asked for a second interview or had already completed one in the past. It seems as if it's just a way for the adcoms to find out more details about you that were not addressed in your initial interview. It doesn't seem to correlate with a previous waitlist or rejection, although it does seem people who are asked for a second interview are likely to receive a favorable decision. :giggle:
Is the whole second interview process common for RD? Or is ur friend an MSTP?

Did anyone get a random email to apply for their MSMS program and is it worth it?

• Hmm
Has anyone who interviewed 11/1 heard anything? Has anyone heard anything back this month at all?

So I was rejected back in September I believe. I received an email encouraging me to apply for the MSMS program on 12/15.
Ah I see. Thank you! I think people who complete the MSMS program are viewed favorably upon readmission but idk if there's a guarantee if any sort... at least from what I know.

I got accepted back in November and just received an email that I have not yet turned in the accepted reply form. This form just indicates that we are still interested, right? It is not binding?

I got accepted back in November and just received an email that I have not yet turned in the accepted reply form. This form just indicates that we are still interested, right? It is not binding?
You can accept and hold one or more offers between now and April before making your final choice

I don’t know if anyone has heard back this month