2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 first tier waitlist - what does this mean? what kind of movement is there on this list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 first tier waitlist - what does this mean? what kind of movement is there on this list?
Some other people in the thread have mentioned some WL movement but not until after the cycle gets to the end. Congrats tho!! Did you get notified today? And do you mind sharing your interview date? :)

1st tier WL this morning. Hopefully some movement occurs. I also haven't filled out financial aid, should I do that even though I am on the waitlist for schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
1st tier WL this morning. Hopefully some movement occurs. I also haven't filled out financial aid, should I do that even though I am on the waitlist for schools?
I've been told to fill out FAFSA and send to schools once you interview, regardless of pending decision. When did you interview here?

I've been told to fill out FAFSA and send to schools once you interview, regardless of pending decision. When did you interview here?
I fill out FAFSA to all schools that I interviewed

hi all! is there an accepted students group chat/facebook group and do y’all know if hofstra has an accepted students or second look weekend? thanks!

omg i am super late then lol, i interviewed in early december. YIKES, i will start it now! thank you so much!

hi all! is there an accepted students group chat/facebook group and do y’all know if hofstra has an accepted students or second look weekend? thanks!

There are Accepted Student Days (the first one is today). There should be information in your acceptance email about visit days.

There are Accepted Student Days (the first one is today). There should be information in your acceptance email about visit days.
Can any admitted student let me know what the other dates? I am under continued review, but want to keep at least one date open just in case and am putting in requests for time off from work lol. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any admitted student let me know what the other dates? I am under continued review, but want to keep at least one date open just in case and am putting in requests for time off from work lol. Thanks!
Feb 23, Mar 22, Apr 5. This was from an acceptance email back in Dec so they might be adding more dates as they accept more people... not sure

• Love
does anyone have any idea what the WL movement is like here? and when the movement usually happens? (trying to set my expectations lol)

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
IS A via email at 9:19 this morning! Interviewed on 12/15 and received continued review email on 1/23. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else on the WL get the survey? It’s invasive and I don’t wanna fill it out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my 1st tier waitlist position. Hope it turns into an acceptance for one of you guys.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they want some yield protection info. I think I’ll keep that info to myself as I sit here on the 2nd tier waitlist. They obviously aren’t terribly interested in me!

I’ll be withdrawing soon once I have all my options and financials.
100% they’re gonna see your Hopkins A and run 😂 I’ll probably be withdrawing rather than filling this out

• Haha
Pre-interview rejected here but am fascinated with this survey y’all are mentioning

Can someone elaborate on what questions they ask you?

Pre-interview rejected here but am fascinated with this survey y’all are mentioning

Can someone elaborate on what questions they ask you?
They want you to say if you’re interested with other offers or no other offers. If other offers, they ask what schools you have As from and asks you what factors you are thinking about when making a decision

Wow. I could see those being questions they ask the people they accept but who don’t matriculate, but to ask that for WL candidates is absurd imo.

Seems like if you tell them you have A’s elsewhere, they’re going to do their own calculation as to whether you would attend Hofstra over that A.

A simple “do you want to remain on the WL” would suffice

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone with a January interview date heard back yet?? Im getting so anxious cuz March is right around the corner and I know they say everything should be out by the end of March…

"Your deposit must be received by the date indicated on your letter of acceptance and is refundable until midnight on April 30"
this is in the terms and conditions and i wanted to share bc i know there was some confusion earlier in the thread

Did anyone who interviewed on 12/20 hear today?
No, but everyone lately who has been accepted is IS so maybe they’re sending those ones first?

Edit: nvm ignore me lol

Last edited: