2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody on the wait-list hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Was kind of expecting to see movement today after looking at last year’s thread but maybe not :/ did they extend their PTE deadline?

Can any of the admitted students let us know if anyone joined the FB/groupme today? May 3rd has always been the first day of waitlist movement so I would be shocked if it didnt' start today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any of the admitted students let us know if anyone joined the FB/groupme today? May 3rd has always been the first day of waitlist movement so I would be shocked if it didnt' start today.
Soonest someone has joined was Tuesday April 30th. Unclear If they were admitted that day though of course.

Soonest someone has joined was Tuesday April 30th. Unclear If they were admitted that day though of course.
Would you be able to tell us how many students approximately are in the Facebook/GroupMe? Gives an idea of how many spots are still available for the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 40ish in the GroupMe though
Interesting. Maybe the Facebook group doesn't remove people who accepted offers from other schools but the GroupMe does? Could just be wishful thinking and in reality most people have Facebook but only so many have GroupMe

I emailed asking about waitlist movement and they said they couldn't share anything :( so weird there wasn't any movement this week... hopefully it starts next week!

I emailed asking about waitlist movement and they said they couldn't share anything :( so weird there wasn't any movement this week... hopefully it starts next week
Exceedingly weird! Hopefully it's more of, "we have so many spots because of low yield, we need to make sure we take people who are really going to come here" rather than "we have 95 seats filled. No real point in taking anybody off the waitlist right now".

Reactions: 1 user
Exceedingly weird! Hopefully it's more of, "we have so many spots because of low yield, we need to make sure we take people who are really going to come here" rather than "we have 95 seats filled. No real point in taking anybody off the waitlist right now".
I wouldn't read too much into the number of people in the FB group. If you look at past FB groups for zsom (you can search them) they all have 100+. Last year's was 110. Other schools' FB groups are way more than their actual class size. It seems like most schools are delayed this year. We just need to wait it out!

I wouldn't read too much into the number of people in the FB group. If you look at past FB groups for zsom (you can search them) they all have 100+. Last year's was 110. Other schools' FB groups are way more than their actual class size. It seems like most schools are delayed this year. We just need to wait it out!
Hopefully you're right!!!!!! Fingers crossed the GroupMe has the accurate number of students currently enrolled in the class and almost all of us on the 1st tier waitlist get an offer

Hopefully you're right!!!!!! Fingers crossed the GroupMe has the accurate number of students currently enrolled in the class and almost all of us on the 1st tier waitlist get an offer
Honestly don't think the GroupMe is accurate because it's unofficial and people only on SDN have access to it (admitted people correct me if I'm wrong). But still fingers crossed!

Which schools have you seen that are delayed, and have they started taking people off the waitlist at this point?

I found the accepted students Facebook group (yes I know neurotic...) and 9 people were added in the last week with a total of 101 members (3 admins). So I think it's fair to say waitlist movement has started. It seems like Hofstra has variable waitlist movement based on past threads so not sure what to expect in terms of further movement. And Einstein and Stony Brook started this past week.

I found the accepted students Facebook group (yes I know neurotic...) and 9 people were added in the last week with a total of 101 members (3 admins). So I think it's fair to say waitlist movement has started. It seems like Hofstra has variable waitlist movement based on past threads so not sure what to expect in terms of further movement. And Einstein and Stony Brook started this past week.
You're able to see how many people were added without being a member?

Where did you see Stony brook movement? Someone noted on their page after reaching out to admissions that it hasn't as of yet.

Has there been any members added in May, and if yes, do you happen to know if they're just late arrivals to the Facebook group but were admitted initially rather than having been accepted off the waitlist?

Where did you see Stony brook movement? Someone noted on their page after reaching out to admissions that it hasn't as of yet.
Someone had mentioned some pre-matriculation letters going out. But someone who just spoke to Stony admissions said they haven't started movement. So never mind, sorry!