2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know what the mini skills session is?
It’s super relaxed, they basically give a case like they would be presented in class and you as a small group just kind of pitch your ideas and it’s facilitated by one of the med students. They specifically say it’s not part of your evaluation at all just a way for you to get a feel of their curriculum

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s super relaxed, they basically give a case like they would be presented in class and you as a small group just kind of pitch your ideas and it’s facilitated by one of the med students. They specifically say it’s not part of your evaluation at all just a way for you to get a feel of their curriculum
by far my fav interview experience –– it's really chill! just don't do anything socially questionable and ur gonna be fine

Hey y’all, my interview is in a couple days. The application portal and emails say that phones, tablets, and safari are not supported, but I actually don’t have a laptop. I’ve been using my iPad for all my interviews with no issues so far, and i’m thinking that if I use Google Chrome on my iPad Pro I shouldn’t have any issues - anyone know anything about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all, my interview is in a couple days. The application portal and emails say that phones, tablets, and safari are not supported, but I actually don’t have a laptop. I’ve been using my iPad for all my interviews with no issues so far, and i’m thinking that if I use Google Chrome on my iPad Pro I shouldn’t have any issues - anyone know anything about this?
Your best bet is probably to reach out to them and let them know of your situation and see what they say

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone think it's bad to only write a thank you to one person (the traditional interviewer)? I don't know if the other ones can see eachothers' since we are supposed to upload it to the portal

Anyone think it's bad to only write a thank you to one person (the traditional interviewer)? I don't know if the other ones can see eachothers' since we are supposed to upload it to the portal
this is what my advisor recommended. I sent one to the trad interviewer and a general thank you to the adcom

• Love
does anyone know when they're scheduling interviews to? I'm OOS with strong ties to NY and trying to figure out if it's worth sending an update in the next week
The last interview date of the season is 1/26

does anyone know when they're scheduling interviews to? I'm OOS with strong ties to NY and trying to figure out if it's worth sending an update in the next week
I'll check for you right now
Edit: the only date I saw, besides my scheduled date, is 1/12 am.

I'll check for you right now
Edit: the only date I saw, besides my scheduled date, is 1/12 am.
Wait, how did you see that there’s one for 1/12?? I would love to interview sooner cuz I’m scheduled for 1/17 even if it’s only 5 days sooner!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how they release decisions need to mentally prepare myself

Sorry I might've missed this, but I have my interview tomorrow and I thought it was an MMI circuit? Is there also a traditional interview?

Sorry I might've missed this, but I have my interview tomorrow and I thought it was an MMI circuit? Is there also a traditional interview?
one station in the MMI is a longer traditional interview

anyone know how they release decisions need to mentally prepare myself
I was an early November interview and I'm not sure if I'll be in this batch or January, so I'll just be nervously checking my email.

Like Sparky21 said they have a traditional interview station that lasts around 15 minutes! If you look at the stuff they link in the interview section on the portal it might say there but if you google stuff about ZuckerSOM interview they have plenty on their website about it!

Looks like mass pre II R's went out last year on 12/16 (so probably tomorrow this year).

As far as A's, I think 12/20 was first day last year so I'm guessing 12/19 this year (the Monday after classes end). Looks like they came out around 8:50am by email and that you accepted via portal so I assume there were changes in portal too.

So, I'm expecting a round of pre-II R's tomorrow, and a round of A's on Monday.

Good luck to all!!!!!
well I guess I’ll be avoiding my email all morning 😅

• Care
Looks like mass pre II R's went out last year on 12/16 (so probably tomorrow this year). This corresponds to last day of classes.

As far as A's, I think 12/20 was first day last year so I'm guessing 12/19 this year (which, like last year, is the Monday after classes end). Looks like they came out around 8:50 am by email and that you accepted via portal so I assume there were changes in portal too.

So, I'm expecting a round of pre-II R's tomorrow, and a round of A's on Monday.

Good luck to all!!!!!
12/19 is Tuesday and 12/20/23 was a Tuesday (I'll still be checking my email neurotically Monday as well though) :)
keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!!!!! see you on the other side 🫡

Like Sparky21 said they have a traditional interview station that lasts around 15 minutes! If you look at the stuff they link in the interview section on the portal it might say there but if you google stuff about ZuckerSOM interview they have plenty on their website about it!
Thank you, just saw it! What did you all think of the Hofstra MMI?

Are we expecting that they'll release post-II Rs / WLs next week as well? Or only As? 11/10 interviewer here trying not to freak out lolll

IS A! Interviewed 9/20.

Last edited:
What time did you guys get them? Just wondering if they come in waves or if I’m screwed lol

What time did you guys get them? Just wondering if they come in waves or if I’m screwed lol
i looked at last years thread and seems like they get sent all at once and then waitlists not till end of January 😅 same boat

IS A, interviewed 11/10!!!! Over the moon

i looked at last years thread and seems like they get sent all at once and then waitlists not till end of January 😅 same boat
The year before went out sorta in waves so I was hoping it was like that this year. Fingers crossed for us

OOS A, interviewed 10/20 and sent an update 12/11 (not sure if it helped but wanted to note that)

Congrats on the As everyone!! Does anyone know if there is a chance we will get an A later if we didn’t hear today or is it most likely a WL or R?

On interview day, I wrote down that they told us we could receive a decision anytime between mid-December and March. I think today is just the beginning.
I wrote that down too. Who knows what happens that people don’t post on SDN. maybe some people from earlier interviews do go straight to an A down the line

I wrote that down too. Who knows what happens that people don’t post on SDN. maybe some people from earlier interviews do go straight to an A down the line
Some people seem to have gotten “continued review” emails in January too and have gotten As after that that interviewed early on from what I got from last years

damn.. honestly feeling crushed that I didn't hear back so probably looking at WL/R.... oh well...

• Care
damn :( feels bad… first MMI results so makes me second guess my other MMIs

• Care