2023-2024 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No way this is how we find out who got accepted or not right Lmfaoo. But nah I didn't.
If holland slavic or brokenllamas did then it's definitely indicative lmfao

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
What do you mean by social? Is it the event in the evening with Harvard students? Or like social media handle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing on my end. For those who got an email, did you remember to fill in your SSN under the interview tab in the portal?

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing on my end. For those who got an email, did you remember to fill in your SSN under the interview tab in the portal?
Nope, didn't notice the tab until now haha. So I guess the real question is, did anyone who didn't fill this out previously (not including people without a SSN) NOT get an email?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not able to view my SSN tab/place where I added my SSN. But I vaguely remember adding it?

I remember reading through the last few years' threads and the same thing happened. The SSN thing didn't matter, people got acceptances regardless of whether or not they got the email.

From Gn Agricola on 03/04/2022: "R at 11:35 EST. For future reference - they sent me an email asking me to upload my SSN on Monday. Was not reflective of final decision. Good luck to all and congrats to all folks accepted!"

Reactions: 6 users
I added SSN in the portal a while back and did not receive an email

Edit: if you want to check if you added it in the past its under Interview --> Additional Info

Does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is for HST, and Pathways independently? And what fraction of applicants get Is from both?

Members don't see this ad :)
HST takes 42 people and interviews... I want to say like 160ish people(?) given that there are 8 interview dates with around 20 people each.

Pathways is trickier. My first instinct would be to subtract the HST stats from the overall stats, but I'm not sure how the overall stats count interviewees/acceptees that are shared across the two programs.

I think Pathways stats is also ~25% after interview. And I have no idea on what percentage of applicants get interviews from both

HST takes 42 people and interviews... I want to say like 160ish people(?) given that there are 8 interview dates with around 20 people each.

Pathways is trickier. My first instinct would be to subtract the HST stats from the overall stats, but I'm not sure how the overall stats count interviewees/acceptees that are shared across the two programs.
158 exactly this year

i think they said in my interview that ~65% of people accepted to HST also get a pathways offer!

Do we know how many people are usually interviewed for both HST and pathways?

If holland slavic or brokenllamas did then it's definitely indicative lmfao
I didn't even get the HMS interview 😭 - Harvard straight up yield protected me 😤

Hahha, but good luck with your decisions guys!!!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I didn't even get the HMS interview 😭 - Harvard straight up yield protected me 😤

Hahha, but good luck with your decisions guys!!!
+1 victim of Harvard yield protection LOL

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Gonna be doing some spinning disk microscopy on Friday morning, and the lady at the confocal facility has been my #1 fan and supporter throughout the whole cycle... we're both going to be either celebrating or crying

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Gonna be doing some spinning disk microscopy on Friday morning, and the lady at the confocal facility has been my #1 fan and supporter throughout the whole cycle... we're both going to be either celebrating or crying
You got this. The universe has its way of making everything work out in the end 🤗

• Love
This wait can definitely be considered a form of torture in some countries

• Haha
anyone know what time decisions have come out historically? been sleeping in on the west coast so hopefully i can just wake up and see my sentence

saw some as early as 9 am eastern in previous years

This is really the only time interviewing from the West Coast does me any favors LOL

I am going to be on a plane. Will be an interesting morning for sure...

IMG_6758.jpg

us tomorrow

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I have been nauseous since yesterday lmao. Constantly cycling between hope and feeling stupid for even expecting something.
You're not stupid for expecting something. the fact that you got an interview means you are qualified to get in. It is harder to get an II than an A. Keep your head up, and listen, even if you don't get in, guess what you're still going to be a doctor. I understand this may be your dream program. Maybe not. But at the end of the day, you're going to a remarkable and empathetic doctor, and I'm sure most of your patients won't even care about whether you went to Harvard Med. What matters is how qualified you are, and you've already shown you're qualified through the II. No matter what happens, trust me, it will work out. For all of us

• Care
  • Love
You all have no idea how much this thread is helping me to cope hahah, glad to be in this with you all

Last edited:
You're not stupid for expecting something. the fact that you got an interview means you are qualified to get in. It is harder to get an II than an A. Keep your head up, and listen, even if you don't get in, guess what you're still going to be a doctor. I understand this may be your dream program. Maybe not. But at the end of the day, you're going to a remarkable and empathetic doctor, and I'm sure most of your patients won't even care about whether you went to Harvard Med. What matters is how qualified you are, and you've already shown you're qualified through the II. No matter what happens, trust me, it will work out. For all of us
Thanks lilac <3 <3 <3