2023-2024 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah sadly updates letters have to be on the portal which could be viewed by both committees. Also each student can submit 2 update letters after the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II! Complete late Oct, update sent in Dec

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I'm guessing this means it's the last week for interviews?

According to one of the faculty members, this is the last week of interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it March 1st for sure? Or sometime the week after?
I'm thinking it must be:

March 3 2023 (Friday)
March 4 2022 (Friday)
March 2 2021 (Tuesday)
February 28 2020 (Friday)
March 1 2019 (Friday)

Especially if they want to set a deadline of mid-March for financial aid again, which would give accepted students 2 weeks to figure it out

Reactions: 3 users
They said march 1st in the orientation session for today's interview

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I'm thinking it must be:

March 3 2023 (Friday)
March 4 2022 (Friday)
March 2 2021 (Tuesday)
March 1 2019 (Friday)

Especially if they want to set a deadline of mid-March for financial aid again, which would give accepted students 2 weeks to figure it out
Thank you for your detective work and @swimdoc23 for confirming. Time to set a calendar notification to stress out on March 1 :rofl:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Lonely Ghost Town GIF

• Haha
Given that the likelihood of getting into Harvard post-II and missing a focus blast on PS are pretty similar, we will probably all get in

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
anyone else freaking tf out for decisions on march 1? :bang::bang::bang::help::help::help:
is it likely that around 1/4 or 1/5 get in post-interview? my hopes are so low LOL

anyone else freaking tf out for decisions on march 1? :bang::bang::bang::help::help::help:
is it likely that around 1/4 or 1/5 get in post-interview? my hopes are so low LOL
I don't think your interview date should make a difference here. My understanding is that the subcommittee that your interviewers are a part of decide to either send you to the main committee or not, and then after the end of interview season the main committee looks at all of the finalized candidates very thoroughly and decides on outcomes. If you made it to that second round, it doesn't matter when you interviewed.

I don't think your interview date should make a difference here. My understanding is that the subcommittee that your interviewers are a part of decide to either send you to the main committee or not, and then after the end of interview season the main committee looks at all of the finalized candidates very thoroughly and decides on outcomes. If you made it to that second round, it doesn't matter when you interviewed.
haha sorry i am re-reading my message and it was super confusing, i moreso meant do one out of four or one out of five get in? what are the odds

haha sorry i am re-reading my message and it was super confusing, i moreso meant do one out of four or one out of five get in? what are the odds
Lmao, that was my fault in that case, I'm so used to reading dates on this website. Medical School Statistics – Admit.org suggests that around 1/4 get in, although I think this factors in post-WL A's as well

Didn't get an interview or anything but withdrawing my application! Hopefully the spot goes to one of you

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I'm thinking it must be:

March 3 2023 (Friday)
March 4 2022 (Friday)
March 2 2021 (Tuesday)
March 1 2019 (Friday)

seems like in past years it’s been the first friday in marchthank you muffin man!!

• Love
seems like in past years it’s been the first friday in marchthank you muffin man!!
fyi apparently they also explicitly said at a Jan interview info session that it would be March 1. rooting for all of you who interviewed :] (also just sticking around in this thread to see more sdn besties get A's)

• Care
fyi apparently they also explicitly said at a Jan interview info session that it would be March 1. rooting for all of you who interviewed :] (also just sticking around in this thread to see more sdn besties get A's)
Confirm heard March 1 at Jan interview

Given the financial aid info delays, do you guys think Harvard will stop sending REACH nominations at the same time as acceptance offers?

Given the financial aid info delays, do you guys think Harvard will stop sending REACH nominations at the same time as acceptance offers?
no, because I doubt everyone sent their info to Harvard before acceptance other years anyway, considering there was no directive for us to do that this year

no, because I doubt everyone sent their info to Harvard before acceptance other years anyway, considering there was no directive for us to do that this year
Hmm, I was under the impression that REACH is primarily directed at lower-income acceptees... do they just go based on your AMCAS estimate then?

Hmm, I was under the impression that REACH is primarily directed at lower-income acceptees... do they just go based on your AMCAS estimate then?
I assume probably that + disadvantaged statement?

have people been getting REACH nominations already?

have people been getting REACH nominations already?
No, but looking back at past threads it seems that people are notified at the same time as acceptance. I was just wondering if that had any kind of tie-in with financial aid info that they do/don't have access to at this point

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, M1 and REACH recipient. They notify you of REACH in the acceptance letter!
Hi dura, I'm kinda confused—what's the point of REACH as a need-based award if all students are supposed to have 100% of their demonstrated financial need met anyway? Is it not truly a need-based award, and provides additional stipend on top of financially-demonstrated aid?

The finish line is in sight. Will I sprint through and secure a medal, or will I be tripped just before passing through the ribbon?

What a comical game this all is. We'll all look back at this years into our careers and laugh off the wait and the worries. Sending y'all love.

Reactions: 9 users