2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! Complete 8/23.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I'm not complete at this school yet, prereqs still pending verification. Congrats to those who got IIs!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who received an II get a response after replying to their email?

OOS II a few hours ago! I went into the portal to confirm and they sent me a confirmation email

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Once we submit our secondary, is there anything that we need to do? I've been waiting for a couple weeks but my LOR's and pre-reqs are still "under review".

Reactions: 2 users
Once we submit our secondary, is there anything that we need to do? I've been waiting for a couple weeks but my LOR's and pre-reqs are still "under review".

Mine is too! I guess we have to just wait it out?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR should have it. Just look at how many they interviewed and how many matriculated, and also look at waitlist to see roughly how many get it
That is not a good measure. The amount of people who matriculated is not the same as the number of people accepted. Not everyone who is accepted to Hackensack goes there.

That is not a good measure. The amount of people who matriculated is not the same as the number of people accepted. Not everyone who is accepted to Hackensack goes there.
Which is why I mentioned the waitlist as well. Typically Waitlist acceptances+matriculated will typically give you a close-to-the-real number

Which is why I mentioned the waitlist as well. Typically Waitlist acceptances+matriculated will typically give you a close-to-the-real number
I don't think that is a good measure either. Lets say for instance that RWJ is my top choice and I get into both hackensack and RWJ. I would choose RWJ but I wouldn't be waitlisted. I think there's a lot more people like that than waitlist

I don't think that is a good measure either. Lets say for instance that RWJ is my top choice and I get into both hackensack and RWJ. I would choose RWJ but I wouldn't be waitlisted. I think there's a lot more people like that than waitlist
Yes but that’s why you look waitlist acceptances because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools, and matriculated represents people going to this school.

Of course there’s the small flaw of schools over accepting, but you get a rough estimate of where you stand

Yes but that’s why you look waitlist acceptances because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools, and matriculated represents people going to this school.

Of course there’s the small flaw of schools over accepting, but you get a rough estimate of where you stand
"because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools" this is not true, who said those are people going to other schools? We don't know that. Also, depending on the caliber of the school, they may have to "over accept" more than you would think or realize. I think your method of calculating everything gives a rough idea but its not super accurate or concise.

"because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools" this is not true, who said those are people going to other schools? We don't know that. Also, depending on the caliber of the school, they may have to "over accept" more than you would think or realize. I think your method of calculating everything gives a rough idea but its not super accurate or concise.
According to US news, last year they interviewed 437 people and accepted 385. If accurate, it certainly points towards over-accepting.

According to US news, last year they interviewed 437 people and accepted 385. If accurate, it certainly points towards over-accepting.
Yup, every school, probably with the exception of Harvard, over accepts to a degree! I never said they didn't over accept :)

I do not think I was very clear, I’m sorry.

For every person that is accepted off the waitlist, there is another one single person (at least) that declined the acceptance to attend another school.

So, what I mean is when the number of people accepted off the waitlist is going to be (about) equal or at least close to the number of people that decided to go to other schools (or just not attend HM).
Like it’s been mentioned, Over accepting might slew these numbers because the first “this many” acceptances that don’t attend will not result in WL movement.

However, I think it gives a decent idea about how many people end up getting in that are interviewed.

I do not think I was very clear, I’m sorry.

For every person that is accepted off the waitlist, there is another one single person (at least) that declined the acceptance to attend another school.

So, what I mean is when the number of people accepted off the waitlist is going to be (about) equal or at least close to the number of people that decided to go to other schools (or just not attend HM).
Like it’s been mentioned, Over accepting might slew these numbers because the first “this many” acceptances that don’t attend will not result in WL movement.

However, I think it gives a decent idea about how many people end up getting in that are interviewed.
Ahhh I see what you mean now

Has anyone who submitted in secondaries in August been marked as complete after "pending verification"?

My prerequisites are still not verified. How long did it take everyone else?

• Care
What the heck is going on here? I submitted 8/4 and still missing pre-req verification.

+1 “thanks for continued interest” email

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a soft hold basically? I had all my stuff verified by them 8/24

Last edited:
+1 “thanks for continued interest” email

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a soft hold basically? I had all my stuff verified by them 8/24

I don’t think it’s a soft hold. N=1 but I got the “thanks for the continued interest” email on 9/11 and then got an II on 9/13

Finally received Preliminary Review Complete email just now. Submitted 07/29.

submitted 7/29, app marked completed today 9/19.

Email says that the review didn't include CASPER and Duet review, curious as to how important those metrics are.

Preliminary Review Complete today 09/20.
Submitted 08/05

Two questions:
1. Anyone else still waiting for a phone call to schedule an interview date?
2. What would be appropriate attire (M) for the student Q&A sessions?

1. they called from a 201 area code about 1 week after the initial email II
2. always better to overdress than underdress! so imo formal!