2023-2024 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7/9 completion date here and I’m stressing

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary on 7/12 and got in interview invite today

Reactions: 2 users
is anyone having difficulty scheduling the interview? I don't have an Interview tab on my portal...

Are they going strictly in order of completion date? I was complete 7/11 and now I'm worried

Are they going strictly in order of completion date? I was complete 7/11 and now I'm worried

same deal for me for multiple skls, i have a lower mcat so i don’t know if they will come back for me but it’s def not a great feeling

Reactions: 3 users
LM 80 and submitted on first day. Very service and social justice oriented app. Is yield protection real????

LM 80 and submitted on first day. Very service and social justice oriented app. Is yield protection real????
I was thinking about the same before I got my II yesterday. I completed 7/8. Be patient, hope you get yours soon!

Don’t stress if you feel like they passed your submission date. On last year’s thread they sent out a ton of IIs on 8/11 including people who submitted on 7/18, 7/11, and 7/2. Posted in that order. Looks like this year has been roughly in order so far but who knows.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone familiar with Georgetown / Washington DC elaborate on the patient population the hospitals serve? I know veterans health seems big with all the military hospitals but looking particularly for any other communities present there

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone familiar with Georgetown / Washington DC elaborate on the patient population the hospitals serve? I know veterans health seems big with all the military hospitals but looking particularly for any other communities present there
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/DC/PST045222 Lots of ethnic diversity, and many historically African American neighborhoods and growing LGBTQ+ population.

hi! any current georgetown students on here that might be willing to talk to me? feeling super stressed since this school is my first II but one of my top choices!

Do you guys think there is a difference in interview invites between submitting end of July/August vs Beginning of July? I was looking at last years thread and it seemed like the interview invites slowed down but it could also be that people weren't posting it as much.

I have a theory that they send II sooner for people with really strong LM stats, and then go through the remainder using more of a holistic approach taking more into account the written material (activities, PS, etc.), which take longer to review.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think there is a difference in interview invites between submitting end of July/August vs Beginning of July? I was looking at last years thread and it seemed like the interview invites slowed down but it could also be that people weren't posting it as much.
i sure hope not

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II!! LM 74, complete 7/12

It’s finally setting in that the process is actually happening omg I genuinely believed the first one was a fluke. Is imposter syndrome also setting in? Maybe

• Care
  • Love
OOS II!! LM 74, complete 7/12

It’s finally setting in that the process is actually happening omg I genuinely believed the first one was a fluke. Is imposter syndrome also setting in? Maybe
Did you just get it or earlier today? Trying to decide what time is the cutoff for refreshing my email every 5 minutes hahah

Did you just get it or earlier today? Trying to decide what time is the cutoff for refreshing my email every 5 minutes hahah
I got it at 3:20!! I will say as hard as it is to not refresh, it’s like watching a pot of water boil. Pls try not to torture yourself!!! Trust your notifications :) They come when you’re not looking. You got this!

For question #3, are you guys trying to make it relevant to COVID-19 or keeping it more specific to their values and general health disparities? I have an essay idea for it but I'm finding difficulty connecting it directly to exacerbated pandemic issues.
more specific. I'm having trouble keeping in character count to connect to exacerbated pandemic issues. The prompt also asks about life experiences so I interpreted that as experiences beyond my W/A but idk if that's right

For the additional information prompt, I want to emphasize the areas of improvement as a rea-applicant. Is this appropriate to include ?

This application cycle has been lagging ;-/

This application cycle has been lagging ;-/
Right?! I feel like in previous years it seems that things were moving a bit faster by now? I know I need to be patient lol, it's just hard when I know that august is typically the II month :oops:

II OOS, submitted 7/10 and completed 7/13. let's go!!

+1 OOS II, complete 7/21! Seconding that earliest dates to select are 9/13-9/14

No. Submitted is when you hit submit and send in your secondary application. Complete is when the school has received all required materials.
interesting- that means not every school has an "under review" option as a status before sending out interviews?

Any current GU med students in this thread? I have some questions about the school and would love to chat before I interview