2023-2024 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you send your letter? Do you think it matters how long you wait to send one
I'm not sure if it matters how long you wait. I submitted mine early February once I had a something meaningful to write

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the call guys!! Miracles happen, I'm off the waitlist! I interviewed in early November and WL in January. I sent a letter of interest after the WL
Did you get WL and A communication by phone call or email? Thanks for confirming. My interview was in 2nd week to Jan, sent my intent and still waiting back to hear an update. Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get WL and A communication by phone call or email? Thanks for confirming. My interview was in 2nd week to Jan, sent my intent and still waiting back to hear an update. Thanks for any advice
WL was by email and A was by call (and followed up by an acceptance email a few hours later)

does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist typically? (apologies if this was already answered somewhere earlier)

Got off waitlist, first A

A off waitlist

I got the call guys!! Miracles happen, I'm off the waitlist! I interviewed in early November and WL in January. I sent a letter of interest after the WL

hi guys fellow waitlister 🫶 just wondering your stats and whether each of you sent a letter of intent or interest/update?

i interviewed in late sep, sent update late october and was waitlisted in mid november. creating another letter of interest/ update right now. thanks in advance :)

hi guys fellow waitlister 🫶 just wondering your stats and whether each of you sent a letter of intent or interest/update?

i interviewed in late sep, sent update late october and was waitlisted in mid november. creating another letter of interest/ update right now. thanks in advance :)
LM was above 75, sent a post-interview letter of interest and two continued interest letters after getting waitlisted in January

Does anyone if you can negotiate aid here based on other financial aid packages, or do they not allow this?

Is there an accepted GroupMe? Would love to connect with others coming to admit day (maybe we could go do something afterwards?)

Is there an accepted GroupMe? Would love to connect with others coming to admit day (maybe we could go do something afterwards?)
The GroupMe kept getting spammed so they closed it- said just to use the FB group

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi my LM is 71 and I did not send a letter of intent. After the interview, I sent a thank you/letter of interest and a few weeks after I was waitlisted I send an official letter of interest. Good luck!

Has anyone who applied to the first round of the Stewart Scholarship heard back yet?

Turned down my A this morning, hope the spot goes to someone on here. Best of luck y'all

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
After 2nd look day, what do you guys think? Any red flags or green flags?

Does anyone know when the school plans on sending us financial aid offers? Thanks!

When did we receive MyAccess login info?

Is the offer simply under the "Financial Aid" section of my access?

Reactions: 1 users
How are financial aid packages/scholarships determined? Is it solely based off parental information if you're under 30 basically?

How are financial aid packages/scholarships determined? Is it solely based off parental information if you're under 30 basically?
From their Institutional Aid Policy: “Awards can be based upon a combination of the availability of funds, number of qualified students, donor guidelines, student financial need, student loan indebtedness, and/or academic merit.”

how much waitlist movement might we expect? i heard they take more from waitlist than a number of other programs so just wondering chances and when we might hear thanks :)

if we are lucky to get off the waitlist in may, anyone know how long we have to choose to accept? and if we would know our financial aid offer within that time to make a decision?