2023-2024 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone who interviewed during first week of January heard back yet?
I interviewed early first week of January and haven't heard back yet. Did they say when we could expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed early first week of January and haven't heard back yet. Did they say when we could expect to hear back?
I recall them saying 10-12 weeks since interview date. Based on last year, people who interviewed early January seemed like they got decisions back sometime in march.

After submitting an update, did you guys still see the 'edit' button? On the page, it says 'Please proofread prior to submission, as edits cannot be made once submitted.' but the edit button is still there for me so I'm nervous it didn't go through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I interviewed on 08/23 and was placed on WL on 10/17, submitted letter of interest on 10/18, should I continue waiting or submit another letter?

Hi everyone, I interviewed on 08/23 and was placed on WL on 10/17, submitted letter of interest on 10/18, should I continue waiting or submit another letter?
I say shoot for another letter -- it might seem redundant but I hear that they love it. My friend submitted 6 different LOInterests and updates after being placed on the WL in November and ultimately got in so it matters!

4/3 is the in-person day, 4/13 is the virtual
per the email I got, the in person date is April 8 and virtual is April 11
1707404650020.png

has anyone waitlisted this cycle gotten off the waitlist already ?

After submitting an update, did you guys still see the 'edit' button? On the page, it says 'Please proofread prior to submission, as edits cannot be made once submitted.' but the edit button is still there for me so I'm nervous it didn't go through.
I still see the edit button too and didn't get any confirmation that it went through besides the page saying "Note: This page is completed." Did you get a confirmation email or anything? Also nervous it's not going through!

I still see the edit button too and didn't get any confirmation that it went through besides the page saying "Note: This page is completed." Did you get a confirmation email or anything? Also nervous it's not going through!
I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything -- I'm in the same boat as you, with the "This page is completed". Not sure what else we could have done though so I'm unsure.

I just reached out to the admissions office through email and they let me know that they can see our updates!

I can't seem to get return lines to appear in the waitlist updates text box. I see them as I'm editing my text, but they disappear when I submit the entry. Any solutions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't seem to get return lines to appear in the waitlist updates text box. I see them as I'm editing my text, but they disappear when I submit the entry. Any solutions?
Unfortunately not :(, they wont care tho

Reactions: 1 users
is it recommended to send in update letters while waiting to get results from an interview? Even if I don't have big updates, is it still useful to show my interest by sending an update?

is it recommended to send in update letters while waiting to get results from an interview? Even if I don't have big updates, is it still useful to show my interest by sending an update?
I believe GTown is big on updates / letter of interests and appreciates them so I'd say go for it

post-II R. Thought interview went well. Oh well.

Just got the A off the waitlist! Post WL I sent an update letter and LOI. Definitely think it helped my chances. Wishing everyone the best of luck in this stressful process.

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Georgetown!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

- Does Georgetown have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Georgetown?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

Reactions: 2 users
A! Just got the call, this week has been a rollercoaster

congrats! did y'all who just got As submit updates in between the time of interview and being accepted?

Does anyone know if Georgetown has sent out any post interview rejections yet this cycle?

anyone know how georgetown is w merit based aid? also when do they usually come out?

anyone know how georgetown is w merit based aid? also when do they usually come out?
I think everything this year is delayed due to FAFSA not releasing to schools until sometime this month, so who knows when actual award letters will be sent.

Hey folks, my MSAR subscription recently ran out and I kinda don't want to pay $30 just to find out one little thing I'm curious about. Would someone who has an active MSAR subscription be willing to tell me what Georgetown's waitlist info looks like? I.e how many people get put on the waitlist and how many people Gtown accepts off the waitlist? Thanks!!
Ik it's super late to be responding to this, but AAMC has this document for public access to see waitlist data! https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2023-11/MSAR_Waitlist_Procedures_11.29.23.pdf

hi! did anyone else's formatting get messed up when submitting a waitlist letter (paragraph breaks etc)? does anyone know how to get around it?

I got the call guys!! Miracles happen, I'm off the waitlist! I interviewed in early November and WL in January. I sent a letter of interest after the WL

I got the call guys!! Miracles happen, I'm off the waitlist! I interviewed in early November and WL in January. I sent a letter of interest after the WL
When did you send your letter? Do you think it matters how long you wait to send one

Got off waitlist, first A

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call for A earlier, my dream school! Interview in early January.

Is there an accepted students group chat?

Has anyone else from January not heard back?