2023-2024 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS pre-II R, LM 70

this one hurt, grew up in DC

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II, Complete 9/03, LM 68
I'm going to be interviewing in early December

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R today at one of my top choices. Grew up in DC underprivileged, my app was geared towards community service towards underserved communities, good stats. Not sure what else I could've done. Sad end to the week :(

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
R today at one of my top choices. Grew up in DC underprivileged, my app was geared towards community service towards underserved communities, good stats. Not sure what else I could've done. Sad end to the week :(
It's because you're too good for them :horns:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the wait for these schools is killing meeeee, interview 9/28 here and earlier for others and have heard nada

Is the interview open or closed file? Also, do you typically talk to just one or two interviewers?

OOS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/24.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II LM 76 complete 8/15! But the first available interview date is in January, is that the case for anyone else?

Does anyone have any tips for the georgetown interview? I've heard it's pretty conversational, but since it's closed file I was wondering if anyone had tips or pointers. :)

Has there been any post-II decisions released recently?
Doesn't seem like it. It says online (and I remember them saying something similar during the info session) that you should be notified of a decision 8-10 weeks after your interview.

Doesn't seem like it. It says online (and I remember them saying something similar during the info session) that you should be notified of a decision 8-10 weeks after your interview.
They told us 13 weeks after interview.

Their loss. What was your submission date?
Complete 7/20! I'm not that salty about the R but I did get the email when I was... in the middle of an interview... lol. I saw the notification pop up on my screen and was like D:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today, complete 8/13. Happily surprised

Reactions: 4 users
Questions about virtual tour. How should I dress for this? Are they expecting us to interact? Should I prepare questions?

Waitlisted. Do people get off their waitlist or is this pretty much an R? Definitely my top choice

Waitlisted. Do people get off their waitlist or is this pretty much an R? Definitely my top choice
Tonsssss of people get off. But they're one of the few schools that's very stingy and loves to have applicants beg.
AKA get the LOI ready.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Tonsssss of people get off. But they're one of the few schools that's very stingy and loves to have applicants beg.
AKA get the LOI ready.
That’s good to know lol. Letter of interest is basically just sucking up to them right? Or do I need to be able to provide significant updates too? And at what point would it be good to start sending?

That’s good to know lol. Letter of interest is basically just sucking up to them right? Or do I need to be able to provide significant updates too? And at what point would it be good to start sending?
Pretty sure to have the best odds it should straight up be a letter of intent, not interest. Basically saying if given the chance, you will matriculate.
Adding a small update and talking about your interest in matriculating would probably be the best idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty sure to have the best odds it should straight up be a letter of intent, not interest. Basically saying if given the chance, you will matriculate.
Adding a small update and talking about your interest in matriculating would probably be the best idea.
I submitted an update on clinical experience and recent research publications before the interview. There is no place for a LOI, unless I am missing something on the app...should that be mailed out then?

I submitted an update on clinical experience and recent research publications before the interview. There is no place for a LOI, unless I am missing something on the app...should that be mailed out then?
Once you interview you get an 'Post-Submission Updates' tab which you can submit an LOI, until then you can't ig.

Is anyone else's post submission form say its closed? I was thinking of sending an update letter but it says the form is closed.

Is anyone else's post submission form say its closed? I was thinking of sending an update letter but it says the form is closed.
not for me, and maybe i'm delulu but maybe that means they boutta accept you so they closed the form !! manifesting for ya