2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone complete in September receive an interview? Also, from a previous post in this thread, last year some people got interview invites on February 28th. What a game-changer that could be now!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys holy COW…as if the cycle couldn’t get any crazier!!!!!!!! brace yourselves, we might be out here basically debt free holy…..

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A from here, someone on here take that free tuition and run😍

Reactions: 2 users
Well there goes any hope for waitlist movement hahahaha

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone complete in September receive an interview? Also, from a previous post in this thread, last year some people got interview invites on February 28th. What a game-changer that could be now!

Complete mid September and interviewed late Jan

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
The issues leading to probation would still need to be rectified, has anyone presently attending this school heard updates on the status or when LCME will re-evaluate?
I am a current Einstein student. A large part of why AECOM was put on probation was due to student feedback (issues with the new curriculum, lack of healthcare options, lack of study spaces, etc.), and many of those issues were/are currently being resolved. Lots of the other smaller legal issues have also been resolved.

Next LCME update will likely be in early 2025. Everyone seems pretty confident we'll get off probation, and given how quickly they addressed student issues (major curriculum changes, openings of new study areas, an on-site PCP and mental health programs, better career counseling) combined with free tuition, I can't see much negative student feedback in the future.

Best of luck everyone this cycle! We all had a meeting this morning and the energy was wild, probably even moreso than match day lol.

Reactions: 7 users
NYC cost of living might be similar to a texas MD school cost of living+ tuition haha

NYC rent aint cheap..
Most students pay ~550 a month in rent in student housing, including gas, water, electric, heating/cooling, and internet.

what about couples housing?
Studio: ~900
1br: ~1200
2br: ~1600

Single students in the MD or PhD programs will have roommates in 1br (living room converted to a second bedroom) or 2br (living room converted to third bedroom) and split the rent evenly. They may occasionally be placed in a studio from the start, but priority for these is given to MSTPs and to couples without children.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I felt bad for being rejected here last year, but I guess I was playing 4D chess the whole time so I could get the A this year and save a year of tuition. Incredibly thankful for this opportunity.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
is anyone thinking of still not going here now after this news?? :lol: praying for WL movement🙌

Reactions: 1 users
I just had a call with Einstein friends screaming like they all just got married.

Congratulations current and future students, this is an incredible moment!

Reactions: 5 users
from probation to free tuition for perpetuity, what a turn of events for this school!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know the average response time for a decision after an interview?

Omg congratulations to all the A’s!! Also praying for WL movement here 😭🙏

I was so set on choosing BU over Einstein and now I am just so not sure!!! The money is not the hugest aspect for me to consider tbh - but I am so unclear on what to do because of how everyone is saying this will impact Einstein in the coming years.. any advice?

DAMN this waitlist is gonna be near impossible to get off of now. WOW thats amazing though. Imagine the pure joy of the med students hearing that live knowing this will save them from debt

do we think Einstein will follow a similar prestige trajectory like NYU did after it went free?
Could you please explain this further? I thought NYU was always prestigious? But now it's even more competitive bc its tuition free. Was that not how the school was viewed prior?

Could you please explain this further? I thought NYU was always prestigious? But now it's even more competitive bc its tuition free. Was that not how the school was viewed prior?
NYU was always a good school but it wasn't pulling the tier of students that were going to Harvard/Stanford/Johns Hopkins. Now they are recruiting that tier of students.

I was so set on choosing BU over Einstein and now I am just so not sure!!! The money is not the hugest aspect for me to consider tbh - but I am so unclear on what to do because of how everyone is saying this will impact Einstein in the coming years.. any advice?
Do a X vs Y school post and weigh out pros and cons!

Have an interview here next week. Should I expect an A, HPWL, or WL if things go well? How’s the movement of the regular WL since I doubt many people will give up their As now…

Have an interview here next week. Should I expect an A, HPWL, or WL if things go well? How’s the movement of the regular WL since I doubt many people will give up their As now…
HPWL or WL. No one got an A in the past years bunch of threads after Feb 1st until May without going on the WL/HPWL

HPWL or WL. No one got an A in the past years bunch of threads after Feb 1st until May without going on the WL/HPWL
Is it realistic to expect getting on the HPWL considering so many interviewees from previous months are on the WL and not HPWL? What’s the movement on the waitlists like? Any chance of getting an A considering this recent news…

Is it realistic to expect getting on the HPWL considering so many interviewees from previous months are on the WL and not HPWL? What’s the movement on the waitlists like? Any chance of getting an A considering this recent news…
It’s realistic to expect WL/HPWL. No one knows how much WL movement there will be. I assume much less than previous years. Unless someone leverages tuition or has family support, most people probably take the scholarship

Just popped on to say CONGRATS to all the students going to Einstein. This is such great news. The Bronx is such an impoverished place to live. Here is hoping that ALL of you plan to stay and help with the care of that population who really need great invested doctors willing to give back.
Cmon Upstate :p

Reactions: 3 users
It’s realistic to expect WL/HPWL. No one knows how much WL movement there will be. I assume much less than previous years. Unless someone leverages tuition or has family support, most people probably take the scholarship
Thanks for responding I’m just super nervous now. Hope I kill it during the interview and get a high spot on the HPWL if possible. There’s still loads of time until May so I hope there’s just enough movement in my favor :)

congrats to everyone accepted! Does anyone know if they have sent pre-II Rs yet? And if they are still sending out IIs haha

Well there goes any hope for waitlist movement hahahaha
I don't think anyone knows the answer to any of these questions.

If admissions did not know about this and therefore did not plan on this until now, I think it is safe to say there will be almost no WL movement at all because Einstein's yield will almost certainly skyrocket this year. This is particularly true given that admissions may have been expecting a lower yield than prior years because of the accreditation issues. Admissions might have rightly anticipated that yield would be lower this year because of that and therefore made more offers and more WL spots.

On the other hand, if admissions knew about this and the impending moon launch of their yield then they may have made fewer acceptances and fewer waitlist spots. Depending on how accurate their projections turned out WL activity could be similar to prior years.

But the truth is we just don't know and I don't think we will get any kind of reliable answer and instead just speculation.
And then theres little ol me who interviewed in Sept and still no decision :(

I have a WL from here and from Kaiser and those were my only two MD interviews, this cycle is playing with my heart and bank account

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I don't think anyone knows the answer to any of these questions.

If admissions did not know about this and therefore did not plan on this until now, I think it is safe to say there will be almost no WL movement at all because Einstein's yield will almost certainly skyrocket this year. This is particularly true given that admissions may have been expecting a lower yield than prior years because of the accreditation issues. Admissions might have rightly anticipated that yield would be lower this year because of that and therefore made more offers and more WL spots.

On the other hand, if admissions knew about this and the impending moon launch of their yield then they may have made fewer acceptances and fewer waitlist spots. Depending on how accurate their projections turned out WL activity could be similar to prior years.

But the truth is we just don't know and I don't think we will get any kind of reliable answer and instead just speculation.
The news article from earlier about all this mentions that Dr. Gottesman (the donor) spoke to Dr. Ozuah in December about the donation, so I think we can assume the school knew about it before they sent the first wave of As/WLs in February.

Reactions: 9 users
The news article from earlier about all this mentions that Dr. Gottesman (the donor) spoke to Dr. Ozuah in December about the donation, so I think we can assume the school knew about it before they sent the first wave of As/WLs in February.
I actually doubt the school admin knew about it until very recently. We were told last Friday there would be a mandatory meeting today with Dean Tomer.
People emailed the administration over the weekend, and none of them, including the assistant/associate Deans, knew anything. That, or they didn't want to spoil it.

Maybe Dr. Oz/Gottesman discussed it secretly in December and it took until now for lawyers to clear everything.

I actually doubt the school admin knew about it until very recently. We were told last Friday there would be a mandatory meeting today with Dean Tomer.
People emailed the administration over the weekend, and none of them, including the assistant/associate Deans, knew anything. That, or they didn't want to spoil it.

Maybe Dr. Oz/Gottesman discussed it secretly in December and it took until now for lawyers to clear everything.
Prior to Friday it was only known by O and Tomer. Press office folks found out on Friday when they were told about the NYT interview, and the development office found out over the weekend. Most of the admissions committee probably found out from the NYT article.

Prior to Friday it was only known by O and Tomer. Press office folks found out on Friday when they were told about the NYT interview, and the development office found out over the weekend. Most of the admissions committee probably found out from the NYT article.
Good to know - thanks for the correction!

Do we think there will be limited movement for the rolling admissions people?

Did anyone who sent an update to admissions get a response? Unsure if I should follow up on my update email sent early Feb.

do we think Einstein will follow a similar prestige trajectory like NYU did after it went free?
NYU went from 11 to 2 now back to 10. Probably an increase from Einstein, but NYU was already T15

Did anyone who sent an update to admissions get a response? Unsure if I should follow up on my update email sent early Feb.
Not sure if you sent an update pre or post-II, but I sent a pre-II update letter around New Years and never heard back regarding confirmation. I called them last week just out of curiosity and an admissions lady said I got no response because I was pre-II!

Do we know if there are explicit differences between the HPWL and normal WL emails?? My decision subject line is simply Wait List, but the content of the decision indicates that my app is still under consideration. Wondering if its worth it to sent a LOI in light of recent events :)

same thoughts for me...except i havent even interviewed at einstein lol i booked it for march 15

r they still offering interviews lol i haven't gotten rejected yet. anyone else?