2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone remember what they said during the 10/14 interview about when we should expect to hear back? I was so tired and zoned out :'(
Wednesday the earliest

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hmm for some reason I thought they said could also be Tuesday because they are meeting Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understood, we can expect to hear back anytime this week since we're in the first few interviews, but it can take up to three weeks max. I'm not so sure about the day at all tbh. Might be good to note down the Kalamazoo area code and keep an eye out for it throughout the week😬

I'm withdrawing my application - hope my interview spot goes out to one of you!! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the acceptance via phone call! Interviewed 10/13

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Quick turnaround! They must have really liked you, Congrats!!
Thank you! Sorry, I realized I had a typo, interviewed 10/14 not 10/13. Interviewed last Friday not Thursday, don't think they had any interviews on Thursday

Interviewed 10/14 and got the acceptance call earlier! Talk about a quick turnaround!

Reactions: 3 users
JUST GOT THE CALL. I accidentally declined the call because I was shaking so much BUT I LISTENED TO THE VOICE MESSAGE AND OMFG

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really have to commend WMed for their transparency and communication throughout the application process. For the majority of schools, you complete your application and hear complete silence, only to hear back at the end of the cycle or get ghosted indefinitely; there is no indication of your application status. Meanwhile with WMed, you receive communication regarding application status at every step. More medical schools should follow in their footsteps with that.

Congrats to all the A's from the 10/14 group! That is an awesome turnaround. Really enjoyed my interview here and what I've seen from this program. Here's to hoping for some good news my fellow 10/7 gang soon!

A call around 30 mins ago. Y’all I started crying in a cafe 😭😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys I got the acceptance call today - I was crying too, happy_squidward! I’m glad I’m not the only one! Congratulations all my fellow classmates! 😁🥳🙏 see you all soon!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
got the waitlisted email this am, right as i was walking into work :') congrats to all the A's, this program seems like a real gem!! keeping my fingers crossed for us waitlisters

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anybody have any insight on waitlist movement? I remember them saying something about it being live/discussed during every committee meeting. Does anyone know how many students typically come off the list?

Anyone who already interviewed, did they discuss the post-II acceptance rate?

Phone II today love this school so very excited even though I know not everyone makes it to the virtual interview. Submitted 9/12, experiences review 10/3, and now my phone interview is tomorrrow

Edit: LM70 WARS81

II just now! Phone interview on 08/29.

+1 II! Phone interview was around 9/9 I believe.

OOS II received. Had my phone interview on 8/30.

Experience review complete 9/7, no phone II yet, OOS....is it over for me here?

Like MMI questions?
In a sense, like the q's are unrelated from each other (you're not timed or anything). But the q's aren't really connected to your app. Just general knowledge, experiences, processing, and problem solving skills are brought up

Reactions: 1 users
In a sense, like the q's are unrelated from each other (you're not timed or anything). But the q's aren't really connected to your app. Just general knowledge, experiences, processing, and problem solving skills are brought up

Okay thanks!

I saw that someone else in this thread had the same complete date as me and went under review for phone II the same day as me and they have gotten a phone II but I haven't yet...does this mean it will likely be an R for me? I was under consideration for phone II on 10/11