2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take to hear about virtual interview after phone II? 1-2 weeks seems right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it take to hear about virtual interview after phone II? 1-2 weeks seems right?
I want to say in years past they specified about three weeks, but the school did not explicitly state. I believe last week they just started releasing virtual interview invites, and most seemed to be people who had their phone interview in the first batch towards the end of August.

From previous threads it also seems like they release virtual interview invites about every two weeks, so hopefully next week some more news will be coming out!

Edit: Some people in previous years received virtual interviews later in the cycle after having a phone interview earlier on, so I'm going to try not to lose hope :)

Reactions: 2 users
Am I shooting myself in the foot by just now considering adding an application to this school? OOS, 514/4.0 and don't have any ties to MI. Just be honest; don't want to throw away money
Someone can correct me but don't they take less than a 100 students a year ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone can correct me but don't they take less than a 100 students a year ?
I believe the class size is ~86, but that’s not to say that many more are not accepted

How many people do you think are accepted? 150-200 perhaps?
I can't recall if WMed is on the post-ii acceptance rate spreadsheet or not. If not, we can't really know for sure, but I would guess that your estimate is probably pretty close! But what do I know lol.

Just finished my phone interview, super laid back. I was stressing at first but felt very comfortable after a few minutes of going through it.

Reactions: 1 users
Phone II received just now. Under consideration on 8/16.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the phone II!

Complete 8/4
Experience review started 8/23
Under consideration for phone interview 9/19
Phone II 9/28

Reactions: 3 users
Phone II received! CA ORM LM 70, experience review completed 9/20

Members don't see this ad :)
Completed the phone interview, I loved the questions and the interviewer was very nice!

I did my phone interview back on 8/24, and felt like I rambled on some questions, but did well on others. No R yet, but I feel like it is a soft R that my date is so far in the rearview and I was part of the first 2-3 waves of phone II's. Not me now feeling like I'm going to fumble the bag on every interview now

Completed the phone interview, I loved the questions and the interviewer was very nice!
Would you say they were casper style questions? Or if you never took casper - behavioral and what would you do in a situation type questions?

Would you say they were casper style questions? Or if you never took casper - behavioral and what would you do in a situation type questions?

I wouldn’t say they were like Casper. It was a bit of a mix between looking at how you think through a problem, empathy/compassion, self-awareness, things like that.

I’m not sure how much I can say other than truly be yourself!

I felt like they were questions to really get to know you as a person better! It also wasn't conversational-they have a list of questions they need to get through!

I had my phone call on 09/06. No II so far though. Is this pretty typical in years past?

I had my phone call on 09/06. No II so far though. Is this pretty typical in years past?
Same here. I glanced through last year’s thread and most people got II within about 3 weeks, but some people received them a couple months after, so there’s still a chance

submitted primary 7/17 and still no secondary. anyone else?
i don't think they screen for secondaries.

from their websitie -
  • We require a minimum MCAT score of 497 and GPA of 3.0 in order to be invited to complete the supplemental application process. The supplemental application includes an essay component and an online assessment focusing on personal attributes.

so maybe reach out to them to see if there was an error on their system?

Anyone who finished the experience review and are still under phone II consideration?

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what their group activity usually entails?
I'll be happy to chime in on this (within reason of NDA) after 10/14. I think there's only been one interview day so far (10/7), so if anyone who interviewed that day could enlighten us, that would be awesome!

Application complete 7/28
Experiences review 8/9
Under consideration for Phone II 9/1

Still waiting...

Anybody who interviewed on 10/7 have any insight? Especially for the group activity? Much appreciated!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if another batch of II's are supposed to come out today? I thought it was every other Wednesday but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if another batch of II's are supposed to come out today? I thought it was every other Wednesday but I'm not sure.
I thought so too but I haven’t heard anything!

Anybody who interviewed on 10/7 have any insight? Especially for the group activity? Much appreciated!!
Attended 3 interviews that had a group activity including this one. Other 2 felt like assignments, this one felt literally like friends sitting around a camp fire talking casually. The group interview is the portion that you should be least stressed about. I cant speak more about it because of NDA and technical standards

Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? Is the interviewer blinded to anything? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? Is the interviewer blinded to anything? Thanks in advance!
Can confirm, the individual interview was fully open file. My interviewer was lovely. The group interview was so laid back and fun...nothing to prep for or stress about.

How many people are in each group roughly?
5-8. Overall, interview day was really nice. My interviewer and I joked a lot and spent our time laughing. It was definitely one of the most chillest interview days I've ever had. For future interviewees, just relax and have fun.

I wanted to reiterate what these folks said above ^^, this was my 4th interview thus far and WMed’s by FAR the most stress-free, fun and collaborative experience. Students in my group activity were unbelievably nice & cracking up jokes, my 1 on 1 was very conversational and relaxed. The admissions staff is also extremely outgoing. They were all roasting each other during our breaks, lol.

Definitely just relax & look forward the experience if you have an upcoming interview here!

Yes I really enjoyed how nice everyone was and the great culture they have going there. It sounds like the interviews were all very conversational - mine definitely was. Good luck everyone - I hope we all get in!

• Care
Anyone remember what they said during the 10/14 interview about when we should expect to hear back? I was so tired and zoned out :'(