2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just thought that it was funny to add Thiccy to the T of MCAT. I’m a dude and my mama gave me thick thighs.
I am glad these are virtual interviews. Anytime they see MCAThiccy announce an interview and date, people would be looking at each other incorrectly in person.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Now I'm trying to figure out what the meaning of em-ca-thiccy could be? Is the first name Emka? I can't even comment on thiccy lol. Big biceps? Curvy shape? Will my wife be upset that I thought about such a thing? Haha!

Okay, I think we've derailed the thread enough now. Sorry mods.
I thought it was a play on MCAT - hickie. Like now I've taken the MCAT I can start having a social life again and passing out all the hickies LOL.

• Wow
Anyone else just out here wondering when we’ll hear anything from Long again. I feel like I got teased by that application received email lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone here done the one way interview video thingy before receiving an II? If im correct, you just need to complete it by the physical interview date, correct?

Has anyone here done the one way interview video thingy before receiving an II? If im correct, you just need to complete it by the physical interview date, correct?

Indeed, it just needs to be completed before the interview.

Ya, they give you your log in info to a completely different website to do the one way interview when they send out IIs!

II just now! App transmitted 07/29, received "in-review" email on 08/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II today! Verified 8/17, received email about them receiving my app 8/22! Very excited to have this opportunity!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can a current student give me more information about the culture there? I'm still a bit confused bc with the grading policy, I would've assumed it to be more competitive and stressful than many of the other schools. However, I've only heard about students saying its very chill, not cut-throat, and collaborative, and that they're very happy.

can a current student give me more information about the culture there? I'm still a bit confused bc with the grading policy, I would've assumed it to be more competitive and stressful than many of the other schools. However, I've only heard about students saying its very chill, not cut-throat, and collaborative, and that they're very happy.
The culture is pretty chill, collaborative, and I’m happy.

It’s graded, but everyone can honor classes and theres not a cutoff like only the top 10% can honor or something, which makes it a lot more collaborative. for what its worth most classes have had over 40% honors in terms of grade distribution.

Reactions: 2 users
The culture is pretty chill, collaborative, and I’m happy.

It’s graded, but everyone can honor classes and theres not a cutoff like only the top 10% can honor or something, which makes it a lot more collaborative. for what its worth most classes have had over 40% honors in terms of grade distribution.
Weird question, but if you had a choice between Long and another school, would you pick Long again? What are some things you like about the school?

Thanks again for your insight!

Weird question, but if you had a choice between Long and another school, would you pick Long again? What are some things you like about the school?

i have no comparison as to what other schools are like seeing as i dont go to them and also don't know what schools you are hypothetically comparing to so i can't reaaally answer your question. there are a ton of factors that go on in terms of picking a school that is right for you.

but i will say i really like how friendly the people and school are. My classmates and professors are very bright and I have had plenty of opportunities to pursue what im passionate about.

Reactions: 1 users
i have no comparison as to what other schools are like seeing as i dont go to them and also don't know what schools you are hypothetically comparing to so i can't reaaally answer your question. there are a ton of factors that go on in terms of picking a school that is right for you.

but i will say i really like how friendly the people and school are. My classmates and professors are very bright and I have had plenty of opportunities to pursue what im passionate about.
I think they were asking if you had other schools you considered when you chose Long during the match.

I think they were asking if you had other schools you considered when you chose Long during the match.
the only reference i have to life in medical school has been at Long, so i would not be able to give an informed opinion about whether i would choose a different one now.

Long was not my first choice on my match list, but I am happy where I ended up. 🤷‍♂️

the only reference i have to life in medical school has been at Long, so i would not be able to give an informed opinion about whether i would choose a different one now.

Long was not my first choice on my match list, but I am happy where I ended up. 🤷‍♂️
Long is a great school. You only get to keep one school anyway whether you are admitted to four or matched to one after interviewing at four.

II just now! Complete 7/19, IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II today! Complete 7/16, LM 74, URM, IS. 4th Quartile Casper

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today! OOS, but originally from Texas and went to Texas undergrad. I was complete on 06/24 so I had given up hope for this school!

If it’s long vs a random shot at any USMD I’m taking long again no hesitation. If it’s Long vs Harvard or Stanford I’m gonna be rethinking some things lol.

For those of you who interviewed, has Long showed up on your Match Rank Preference on TMDSAS yet? Some of the other schools I interviewed at showed up the day after my interview but Long has not showed up yet. Thank you!

For those of you who interviewed, has Long showed up on your Match Rank Preference on TMDSAS yet? Some of the other schools I interviewed at showed up the day after my interview but Long has not showed up yet. Thank you!
I haven't interviewed at Long, but I will say that Dell has not shown up in my TMDSAS rank preference section. So, this could be normal for some school. We don't need to have our rank list finalized until mid-February, so they have all sorts of time to send the info to TMDSAS.

Got the II this morning! TMDSAS app transmitted on 8/12, in review at this school 8/22, LM 72, ORM. I live in San Antonio, so excited for the opportunity to interview here!

I haven't interviewed at Long, but I will say that Dell has not shown up in my TMDSAS rank preference section. So, this could be normal for some school. We don't need to have our rank list finalized until mid-February, so they have all sorts of time to send the info to TMDSAS.
That makes sense, thank you! :)

I interviewed at TCOM on August 9th and it still isn't on my list lol. I think some schools are just slower with it.

Getting a little worried about my chances at Long, this is my top choice and I have strong ties to the school. I went to university in San Antonio. My research and volunteering are primarily with physicians from the school, I have a rec letter from UTHSCSA faculty, but Its been radio silence.

My LM is 77 for reference and I was complete in mid July but haven't heard anything. Do they generally have a pretty drawn out cycle or is it possible that they've just decided they don't want me. I have 3 other II's so I don't think I have any red flags but I really would love to attend Long so it's pretty disappointing that I haven't heard back yet.

• Care
Getting a little worried about my chances at Long, this is my top choice and I have strong ties to the school. I went to university in San Antonio. My research and volunteering are primarily with physicians from the school, I have a rec letter from UTHSCSA faculty, but Its been radio silence.

My LM is 77 for reference and I was complete in mid July but haven't heard anything. Do they generally have a pretty drawn out cycle or is it possible that they've just decided they don't want me. I have 3 other II's so I don't think I have any red flags but I really would love to attend Long so it's pretty disappointing that I haven't heard back yet.
Last couple of years Long started out slowly with their interview invitations and made them more often in December and January.
See the dates from 2020-2021 here: #2

So, more waiting for you maybe but lots of chances remain.

Is it "strongly" recommended to do the SOWVI if invited to interview or is it truly optional?

II this afternoon, received "application received" email July 28, OOS

Last edited:
Has anyone with a 510 or below MCAT received an II? I have been hearing lower stat applicants may not be sent invites later into the cycle.

Does anyone that has interviewed with Long see them on their ranking tab on TMDSAS? I interviewed about a month ago, so I’m debating emailing admissions since I saw the guidance is to wait 2-3 weeks.

Has anyone with a 510 or below MCAT received an II? I have been hearing lower stat applicants may not be sent invites later into the cycle.
I got exactly a 510 score and received an II in late July.

I got exactly a 510 score and received an II in late July.
Yeah but he has other special stuff on his app though!

Seriously, I dont believe Long is selecting people for interview based on the highest scores first.

Yeah but he has other special stuff on his app though!

Seriously, I dont believe Long is selecting people for interview based on the highest scores first.
100% true.

They seem rather selective, in the same vein as Dell, UTRGV, and UHCOM.

100% true.

They seem rather selective, in the same vein as Dell, UTRGV, and UHCOM.
me to long:
greys anatomy love GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They still haven’t shown up on mine! I’m assuming they’re taking time to put it in as there is still quite a bit of time before it is needed.

II today! TMDSAS primary transmitted 8/17, under review 8/22. So grateful, I wasn't expecting this one!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users