2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today! So excited and gratefu! IS MCAT: 517; GPA: 3.89; minimal EC. transmitted 6/26. Does anyone know if the TX schools ask technical questions in the interveiw process. (For Example: What is the final enzyme in the glycolysis step) or something similar?
I don’t think so!

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think so!
I would take that question as a sign that they dont want to admit someone!

OTOH, there are ways someone can take a candidate there indirectly if they were talking about research the candidate shows on the resume (not exactly same question but similarly difficult which a researcher would be aware of).

has anyone gotten a II with a July transmission or without duet?

Members don't see this ad :)
II received on Monday but when I open the scheduling link it says “Sorry, this survey is not currently active.” Anyone else experiencing this?

II received on Monday but when I open the scheduling link it says “Sorry, this survey is not currently active.” Anyone else experiencing this?

I already complete the survey a few days ago, but I do now get the same response when clicking the link. Not sure what it means. I'd give the school a call or email if I were you. Could be spots filled up, could be there was an issue with the survey and a portal option is coming soon, or could be something else entirely. Please let his know what you find out if you do reach out to the admissions dept!

I already complete the survey a few days ago, but I do now get the same response when clicking the link. Not sure what it means. I'd give the school a call or email if I were you. Could be spots filled up, could be there was an issue with the survey and a portal option is coming soon, or could be something else entirely. Please let his know what you find out if you do reach out to the admissions dept!
Thanks for the reply! I gave them a call and they said the survey is currently undergoing some maintenance. They were able to take my schedule preference over the phone instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply! I gave them a call and they said the survey is currently undergoing some maintenance. They were able to take my schedule preference over the phone instead.

Perfect! Thanks for the update!

Does anyone know what SOWVI is like this year? Is it the same as last year’s—2 questions, 2 minutes, unlimited tries?
Yes! I recommend watching the video they have on their youtube channel. Just jump right to 4:40 to hear about the SOWVI. Even though this video is almost a year old, it is still accurate to the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an under review email. Is this going out to all applicants who didn't receive an II?

i got an under review email as well, is it weird that it came this late considering I was transmitted on 6/30?

Members don't see this ad :)
I figure they're just sending them out as confirmation everything was received.

TMDSAS transmitted 6/14 long under review email just received

I wonder if the under review emails were initiated due to Long's portal now being active. Before today, no confirmation of interview date was received by anyone as far as I know. I got the confirmation today and instructions to activate the portal. So, the under review emails could mean that Long feels they can officially acknowledge that they are reviewing your app because you can now check for updates in the portal. Just a guess.

Reactions: 7 users
II received on 7/25 and just got my interview day scheduled, good luck to everyone interviewing!

Reactions: 3 users
Got an "under review" email today and was transmitted 6/24

When were you transmitted? Still have not received this email even though I was in early June.
I think the best answer to this question, which many of you have, is that Long begins reviewing apps in July. The process is starting, good luck to all of you

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I just got the "in review" email, but I am confused about the SOWVI. Do we complete it in order to be considered for an interview? Or do we wait to complete it until we are invited for an interview?

I just got the "in review" email, but I am confused about the SOWVI. Do we complete it in order to be considered for an interview? Or do we wait to complete it until we are invited for an interview?
I would say wait. Directions say it just needs to be completed by the time of the interview, and they had scheduling options at least two weeks away in my case. No practical use completing until you have to.

Reactions: 2 users
Should we send our CASPER score if we haven't been invited to interview yet

Is anyone else's SOWVI showing up as "incomplete" in the portal? I did it a week ago so I'm a little confused.

Is anyone else's SOWVI showing up as "incomplete" in the portal? I did it a week ago so I'm a little confused.
Yep! Did mine yesterday but still incomplete in the portal. I wouldn't worry about it! It will get there eventually as long as it is marked as completed on spark hire :)

Based on an interview comment that @MCAThiccy gave for UTMB yesterday, I thought I would do something similar with Long to let people know what to expect in coming waves.

Faculty and students are super nice and welcoming. We had an info session from 9 - 10 AM, followed by a break before 2 30-min interviews and 2 15-min presentations (split up 10.30 - noon into 3 30-min blocks). I had 1 MD and 1 MS4 who interviewed me. MD interview had a few general interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "talk about a time you showed integrity" (this second one was also really visible in SDN's interview file for Long). MS4 was more freeflowing directly asking me about experiences in my app. Both asked me about specialties I'm interested in, so you may want to think about that going in.

Overall, just a really comfy and well set-up interview day.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Based on an interview comment that @MCAThiccy gave for UTMB yesterday, I thought I would do something similar with Long to let people know what to expect in coming waves.

Faculty and students are super nice and welcoming. We had an info session from 9 - 10 AM, followed by a break before 2 30-min interviews and 2 15-min presentations (split up 10.30 - noon into 3 30-min blocks). I had 1 MD and 1 MS4 who interviewed me. MD interview had a few general interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "talk about a time you showed integrity" (this second one was also really visible in SDN's interview file for Long). MS4 was more freeflowing directly asking me about experiences in my app. Both asked me about specialties I'm interested in, so you may want to think about that going in.

Overall, just a really comfy and well set-up interview day.
First person to spell my name right too! Thanks Captain!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
First person to spell my name right too! Thanks Captain!
No problem! In return, I'd like you to answer my burning question: is it pronounced "Em-ca-thiccy" or "Em-cat-hickie"?

• Hmm
Same... lol

Now I'm trying to figure out what the meaning of em-ca-thiccy could be? Is the first name Emka? I can't even comment on thiccy lol. Big biceps? Curvy shape? Will my wife be upset that I thought about such a thing? Haha!

Okay, I think we've derailed the thread enough now. Sorry mods.

Now I'm trying to figure out what the meaning of em-ca-thiccy could be? Is the first name Emka? I can't even comment on thiccy lol. Big biceps? Curvy shape? Will my wife be upset that I thought about such a thing? Haha!

Okay, I think we've derailed the thread enough now. Sorry mods.
I just thought that it was funny to add Thiccy to the T of MCAT. I’m a dude and my mama gave me thick thighs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users