2022-2023 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sooo I don't know my mother's address or phone number or anything. Should I just enter her name and leave the rest blank?

Members don't see this ad.

Does checking the box that you want to apply to the AnMed program mean you cannot also apply to regular clinicals at MUSC? Or does it just mean you're open to it

Members don't see this ad :)
Not strong ones. I had an uncle and aunt who lived in Prosperity, SC for about 12-15 years. They currently live in Florida now though since 2013.
As an IS applicant with many friends at MUSC who have told me the school's preferences on residency and types of situations they will allow, I would say that unless you spent like every summer with your aunt and uncle in SC, it doesn't really count as a strong tie and probably won't be worth it for you to apply bc of that, especially because they don't live there anymore.

Last edited:
I just received a R... not surprised since I am OOS but good luck to everyone else applying!

I just received a R... not surprised since I am OOS but good luck to everyone else applying!
Interesting. My status says that OOS applicants will be reviewed later... I think it says November or something

Interesting. My status says that OOS applicants will be reviewed later... I think it says November or something

This may be a dumb question… how do you even check the status? I am having trouble finding any information in the portal.

This may be a dumb question… how do you even check the status? I am having trouble finding any information in the portal.
I received another email with a link to an application status check page. They provided another unique ID number than you need to use to check your status

Reactions: 1 user
medical scientist training program, md/phd

Do you remember if your application status before your II invite just had a green "submitted" tag on it? Not sure if they mark it as "complete" or "under review"...want to make sure there are no issues with mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received another email with a link to an application status check page. They provided another unique ID number than you need to use to check your status

When I "check application progress" on the MUSC website and enter my email and that unique # from the email, it says "invalid login".

I'm able to log into ApplyWeb and check my app status though, it just says "submitted". Is it the same for you?

Do you remember if your application status before your II invite just had a green "submitted" tag on it? Not sure if they mark it as "complete" or "under review"...want to make sure there are no issues with mine.
I had trouble logging into the system for the application status so I never checked it before... sorry. They sent me an email for the invite

I had trouble logging into the system for the application status so I never checked it before... sorry. They sent me an email for the invite
No worries, thanks! They sent me an email for the invite too, I submitted it and it says "submitted" but i haven't heard anything since so I guess it's just not my time rn lol

Has anyone had luck getting in contact with admissions? I've called twice only to get their voicemail, left 1 voicemail last Wednesday with 0 response, and emailed twice with like a month apart between emails with no response, anyone know what the deal is? Their voicemail message says they're teleworking but surely they wouldn't leave the AdCo email address all over their pages and secondary app email if no one was going to read messages from applicants sent there?

Did everyone receive an email with this info? I’m checking my email, and I never received one! I am OOS, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Did everyone receive an email with this info? I’m checking my email, and I never received one! I am OOS, any input would be greatly appreciated!!
So once you submit your secondary it seems that ApplyWeb, the platform the secondary app is set up through, sends an automatic confirmation email (subject line: Your on-line form (MUSCAPP_NAME_etc.) saying that you successfully submitted the app and payment through their portal, aka no transaction errors occurred. It's NOT an indication that MUSC admissions received your app successfully.

In this confirmation email you get the unique CNET ID # that the above person was mentioning. This email will also provide you a link to check your app status: Email & Password ApplyWeb App Status Page, but this doesn't require the unique CNET ID # mentioned above - just your email and password used to submit the secondary in the first place. Once you're logged in, all this page shows is that you submitted the app - it doesn't show that additional app materials like LORs or MCAT scores were successfully received.

There is another app status page, the "MUSC Application Progress System" page you can access through the MUSCCOM's "Current Applicants" page and then "Check Application Progress" (CNET ID & Email App Status Page) that supposedly shows additional application materials' statuses like LORs and MCAT score and stuff. This page requires this CNET ID and your email on file to log in. When I try, I get an invalid login error notification. There is an email address at the bottom of this page to report errors and ask for help - I received delivery error/bounce back notifications when I tried emailing that address.

I've reached out to admissions about whether or not they have received my app successfully, and why my cnet ID number won't let me login, but I haven't heard a word.

Hope this helps, sorry it's long. I too am desperately trying to see if something's wrong with my app or if everyone has the same login info and received the same links ^ as above.

So once you submit your secondary it seems that ApplyWeb, the platform the secondary app is set up through, sends an automatic confirmation email (subject line: Your on-line form (MUSCAPP_NAME_etc.) saying that you successfully submitted the app and payment through their portal, aka no transaction errors occurred. It's NOT an indication that MUSC admissions received your app successfully.

In this confirmation email you get the unique CNET ID # that the above person was mentioning. This email will also provide you a link to check your app status: Email & Password ApplyWeb App Status Page, but this doesn't require the unique CNET ID # mentioned above - just your email and password used to submit the secondary in the first place. Once you're logged in, all this page shows is that you submitted the app - it doesn't show that additional app materials like LORs or MCAT scores were successfully received.

There is another app status page, the "MUSC Application Progress System" page you can access through the MUSCCOM's "Current Applicants" page and then "Check Application Progress" (CNET ID & Email App Status Page) that supposedly shows additional application materials' statuses like LORs and MCAT score and stuff. This page requires this CNET ID and your email on file to log in. When I try, I get an invalid login error notification. There is an email address at the bottom of this page to report errors and ask for help - I received delivery error/bounce back notifications when I tried emailing that address.

I've reached out to admissions about whether or not they have received my app successfully, and why my cnet ID number won't let me login, but I haven't heard a word.

Hope this helps, sorry it's long. I too am desperately trying to see if something's wrong with my app or if everyone has the same login info and received the same links ^ as above.
This happened to me too but I used to be able to access/view my application status. Now I am unable to. I was complete in mid-August. Every time I login an error page will pop up and I will be denied access. I know that both my primary and supplemental apps were received but I would still like to have access to see updates on my status. I also emailed admissions, the applyweb support team, and the email on the error pop-up page. I have not heard anything from them and it has been about a week and a half since all that. Have you heard anything yet? Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me too but I used to be able to access/view my application status. Now I am unable to. I was complete in mid-August. Every time I login an error page will pop up and I will be denied access. I know that both my primary and supplemental apps were received but I would still like to have access to see updates on my status. I also emailed admissions, the applyweb support team, and the email on the error pop-up page. I have not heard anything from them and it has been about a week and a half since all that. Have you heard anything yet? Has this happened to anyone else?
I am having the same issue

Does musc send out complete emails? My application progress is still at 'supplemental recieved'

Same!! I emailed support about this. Haven't heard back yet and it's been about a week since the onset of issue/when I contacted support.
So I ended up being able to contact someone by leaving a voicemail on the student center's phone line. They connected me to admissions for the COM and I ended up speaking with someone, explained how it just says "submitted" on the applyweb status page, and the lady said that means it's good to go and they don't send updates along the way unless you're invited for an IV/explicitly rejected so fingers crossed she understood the issue and all is well for all of us!

Seems like this school and Greenville are moving slow this year

Greenville at least has sent out some IIs last month. For MUSC it seems like they have only done interviews for mstp candidates. I don't see mention of a single MD II in this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m pretty sure when I read their website, they don’t start sending OOS interviews til the spring?

II just now at 8PM on a Sunday lmao but I’ll take it! Very excited! Complete 08/03 LM 69.5 IS!

Hoping for an II (I'm in state in SC), just an FYI, I do not believe that the email contact: [email protected], is still at MUSC. So hopefully they update that with that person's replacement.

When I log into the check application status, it only says the date I submitted the secondary and the date they received the national app. Doesn't say anything about LORs being received.

I’m pretty sure when I read their website, they don’t start sending OOS interviews til the spring?
Wait, really? I haven't seen this anywhere but it would be good to know haha. Where did you find this?

Wait, really? I haven't seen this anywhere but it would be good to know haha. Where did you find this?

Here is the exact quote from the application progress page:

“Thank you for applying. This program requires that you submit an application through AMCAS, an MUSC supplemental application, and 3 recommendations (or 1 committee packet) thru AMCAS. Out of state resident files will be reviewed in Nov & Dec for possible interviews in the Spring.”

I found this information by logging in to the following page: Check Application Progress

Reactions: 1 users
Here is the exact quote from the application progress page:

“Thank you for applying. This program requires that you submit an application through AMCAS, an MUSC supplemental application, and 3 recommendations (or 1 committee packet) thru AMCAS. Out of state resident files will be reviewed in Nov & Dec for possible interviews in the Spring.”

I found this information by logging in to the following page: Check Application Progress

Is this supposed to say if letters of rec are submitted?

I applied ED--II came out aug 1st...was notified for interview on Aug 17th. Had interview day on the 16th of september...all ED applicant interviews are over and we all find out tomorrow 9/27 evening on admission status.