2022-2023 South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call, I got the A!!!!!!!! So over the moon right now

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When are we supposed to hear back after the interview?
Decisions for October interviews (before 10/24) should’ve come out last Friday. If you interview after that you’ll hear end of November probably

Reactions: 1 user
For the interview, do you have to act out the scenario or just talk about a scenario in like a hypothetical? I guess what I'm asking is do you have to pretend to be a doctor and talk to your "patient" or just say stuff like "In that scenario I would do this...", etc. ?

Lol sorry if this question makes no sense. Just trying to figure out how MMIs work
4/5 are role play scenarios where you have to act. 1/5 is just answering a prompt. I honestly wouldn’t worry too much about the MMI. Just research some common MMI role play scenario prompts and that should be enough

One more question. Are there any group responses? Like is there any prompt that you get paired up with other applicants to test like teamwork or something?
No everything is individual (I think their website explains the MMI process more in detail). The MMI scenarios honestly were not that bad. Easier said than done but I wouldn’t stress about it too much.

My application was completed back in August. I haven't heard anything since then..... thoughts? Is anyone else in this same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
My application was completed back in August. I haven't heard anything since then..... thoughts? Is anyone else in this same boat?
From my experience talking to people I know and looking on this forum for past years, Greenville sends IIs only 2-3 weeks before the interview date. So there’s still plenty of chance to get one later

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an II yesterday! IS LM 66, my interview is in two weeks! Complete at the end of September

I was complete in September and just heard back. They don’t schedule their interviews very far ahead so I wouldn’t worry!

I interviewed 10/24 and still haven’t heard anything. Should I ask for a status update or are they just backed up due to the holidays?

I interviewed 10/24 and still haven’t heard anything. Should I ask for a status update or are they just backed up due to the holidays?
You definitely should’ve received an email by this point. All October interviews were notified end of October and November interviews end of November. I’d reach out to admissions

You definitely should’ve received an email by this point. All October interviews were notified end of October and November interviews end of November. I’d reach out to admissions
Thank you. I’ll give them a call later today. Hopefully this won’t affect my application I check my email everyday and didn’t receive anything or get a call/voicemail

II today. Was complete months ago, IS, RD. Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips regarding the MMI's, specifically? I've done MMI before but it was just an AdCo member asking me individual 5-min scenario questions, not a standardized patient.

II today. Was complete months ago, IS, RD. Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips regarding the MMI's, specifically? I've done MMI before but it was just an AdCo member asking me individual 5-min scenario questions, not a standardized patient.
do you mind sharing your stats?

do you mind sharing your stats?
27 y.o. non-trad, 499 1st attempt MCAT, 506 2nd MCAT, 3.70 undergrad GPA from Clemson, 3.94 grad GPA from Georgetown

Reactions: 2 users
II on 12/9, finally! LM 68.1 and complete late July

Anyone who has already interviewed have any advice for the standardized patient MMI's? I know it's not a test of clinical knowledge, but any info on the questions or scenarios you were given?

Anyone here interviewing Wed, Jan 4? I haven’t gotten an email with interview day details yet.

Does anyone know how often the adcom meets to review apps and offer IIs?

They told me it's once a month, so interviewees at the beginning wait a month, and those at the end of the month hear back much sooner.