2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have LORs under document status. My completion date also 7/29 and waiting for II
where on the portal do you have "document status"? I am trying to find that, but I only have 2 check marks in my portal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I keep getting spammed by emails to finish my app or that time is running out to add supplementary materials but it says on the portal that I submitted like a month and a half ago. Is this happening to other people?
Yeah, same lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I just got an email saying that I need to submit but the portal has my status as "submitted". Do y'all think something is missing or it was a mass email?

Yep, just got an email about not submitting my application and came right here lol. Gave me a fukin heart attack, but I assume we will get an email soon explaining it was a glitch.

oos ii today, got the complete email on 8/17

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone interviewed here yet and have generic feedback they want to give out 👉👈

Has anyone interviewed here yet and have generic feedback they want to give out 👉👈
Don't stress, it's a very chill MMI. Zachary said that it's more a day for us to interview them than the other way around—they do an excellent job of making the entire day as stress-free as possible. Just be yourself and enjoy the day!

Is it too late to send my primary app. to this school?
I don't want to be a pessimist but they're very low yield and an expensive secondary and in past years they have sent out emails to applicants that they didn't even get to their application and rejected them without reviewing. I would suggest spending that money on another school unless you have a really good reason for wanting to go here

When does RFU follow up with additional details about the interview after you've confirmed your date? Is it a week/a few days in advance?

When does RFU follow up with additional details about the interview after you've confirmed your date? Is it a week/a few days in advance?
For me, it was II 9/2, Confirmation email 9/2, "Important Interview Update" (basically a reminder email) 9/6, Agenda email 9/8, and Interview 9/13. The day began at 9 CT. The actual MMI was 10-11 CT for me, but half the interviewees were in a student panel during this hour and then we swapped. Overall it was a nice day, and I left feeling really excited about the school. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to the open house? I am not local and trying to decide. I have not gotten an II here.
If you haven't gotten an II I probably wouldn't go. It looks like a bunch of their programs and not MD-specific, so it has likely zero bearing on admissions. Especially since you aren't local

If you haven't gotten an II I probably wouldn't go. It looks like a bunch of their programs and not MD-specific, so it has likely zero bearing on admissions. Especially since you aren't local
Thanks, I agree, if I were closer I def would!

Does anyone know when we will hear back after interviewing? Is the earliest October 15th or the 17th?

This year October 15 is a Saturday so curious if they will send out emails on the weekend.

During my interview they mentioned briefly it would probably be the 17th this year due to the weekend overlap

I have registered for Oct 15th in person Open house, due to some other conflicts can't able to attend. What is the best way to cancel?

For those that are going to the open house, are you bringing any guests with you?

For those that are going to the open house, are you bringing any guests with you?
I wasn't planning on bringing anyone because I heard they were requiring registration to get a head count of people beforehand to maintain compliance with their COVID policies. I know registration is closed now, so I believe they hit their maximum capacity for the event.

I know some schools will not let you apply more than twice, can you apply more than twice here?

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance for instate applicants?
Last year 314 IS interviews -> 96 IS matriculated
I would think over half were accepted and only like two thirds matriculated

Does everyone have a "complete your alternate list confirmation response form" on their portal or is that me getting waitlisted lmao?

Does everyone have a "complete your alternate list confirmation response form" on their portal or is that me getting waitlisted lmao?

This popped up on mine and a couple others here a couple of weeks ago 🥲

Received a status update post-II. Alternate list. :( As a reapplicant that was waitlisted to all the schools and subsequently rejected last year this makes me very sad lol I was hoping to get the A or R straight out the gate so I could avoid the waiting game.
Interviewed 9/27

• Care
Received a status update post-II. Alternate list. :( As a reapplicant that was waitlisted to all the schools and subsequently rejected last year this makes me very sad lol I was hoping to get the A or R straight out the gate so I could avoid the waiting game.
Interviewed 9/27
Do you know how often people on the waitlist get accepted for this school?

Alternate list on portal.... After it had an alternate list confirmation option on 9/27.... Seems fishy

Edit: CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WITH THEIR As!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list as well, interviewed 9/13. Congrats to everyone on the A's!!

I was placed on the alternate list as well. I interviewed on 9/13. bleh

• Care
Alternate list today as well. Remember, WL is ALWAYS better than a R, manifesting A's for all my alternate brethren/sistren! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted today!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users