2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the preparation time for the MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during the preparation time for the MMI?
Yep! They had no issue with me writing things down during the prep period

Reactions: 1 users
WL today ( or hold to be reviewed later) interviewed 9/15 I think.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
R just now. No love lost as this was fully expected with my MCAT of 508. I have dear friends in the area so I felt compelled to make the donation. I appreciate them letting me know early, lol. Best of luck to all of you who are still in at NYU! You've got this!!

• Care
R just now. No love lost as this was fully expected with my MCAT of 508. I have dear friends in the area so I felt compelled to make the donation. I appreciate them letting me know early, lol. Best of luck to all of you who are still in at NYU! You've got this!!
Sorry to hear it

Pre/post?

I thought the post-II hold was different from WL?
It might be. Email said they can’t offer me an acceptance at this moment but will continue to review my application throughout the cycle.

Pre II R as well, complete mid July

• Care
WL today ( or hold to be reviewed later) interviewed 9/15 I think.
+1. would letters of interest make a difference? I want to send some form of communication but tbh don't have much to update on (job is the same as when I applied, volunteering same, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
+1. would letters of interest make a difference? I want to send some form of communication but tbh don't have much to update on (job is the same as when I applied, volunteering same, etc.)
I think that everybody is interested, but I suppose it can’t hurt. Surely you can find something to add. New grades, promotion, self paced learning certificate etc.

Pre II R just now as expected, this was a definite reach but good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Also on post-interview hold I think based on the email. Does this basically mean rejection or do people get accepted after being reviewed again?

Also on post-interview hold I think based on the email. Does this basically mean rejection or do people get accepted after being reviewed again?
N = 1 but I know someone who got in after post-interview hold!

Reactions: 2 users
If I interviewed first weekish of Sept should I expect a R/W/A by Oct. 15th from this school? Didn't know they were handing out post-II results yet but I interviewed pretty early and no R yet so fingers crossed...

They have sent out acceptances but clearly I don’t know how many/ how far in interview dates they’ve gotten to

I thought Oct 15. was the first date for those allowed by AAMC
no they have literally started sending out A's. My week (2nd week I think), the Dean said he'd start sending acceptances the next week (presumably with the first week that interviewed), and one of the posts above corroborated that--his week the Dean said he'd started calling with acceptances. Either today or next week I assume 2nd week interviewees should get decisions?

I thought Oct 15. was the first date for those allowed by AAMC
The person I know is more of an acquaintance so I don’t necessarily trust that they’re being honest but also don’t think she has a reason to lie.

They’ve sent before in past too

no they have literally started sending out A's. My week (2nd week I think), the Dean said he'd start sending acceptances the next week (presumably with the first week that interviewed), and one of the posts above corroborated that--his week the Dean said he'd started calling with acceptances. Either today or next week I assume 2nd week interviewees should get decisions?
The person I know is more of an acquaintance so I don’t necessarily trust that they’re being honest but also don’t think she has a reason to lie.

They’ve sent before in past too
Ah well good to know, thank you guys! Time to check my phone 24/7 :( or is it by call?

Dean Rivera said he's called people literally the next day to accept them after they were placed on "continued review" , they re-look at your app every week to potentially accept you until January

Reactions: 3 users
Dean Rivera said he's called people literally the next day to accept them after they were placed on "continued review" , they re-look at your app every week to potentially accept you until January
Wonder what the post - on hold acceptance rate is ?

I appreciate the insight! I couldn’t recall what exactly he said during the Friday session. Thanks again!

If anyone is interested in numbers - Dean Rivera said he's given out about ~8 acceptances, expects to give out ~110 for initial acceptances. Only ~1/3 in the first half of interview season & the rest towards the last half/end of the cycle.

If anyone is interested in numbers - Dean Rivera said he's given out about ~8 acceptances, expects to give out ~110 for initial acceptances. Only ~1/3 in the first half of interview season & the rest towards the last half/end of the cycle.
Did he say if he's doing any today or waiting till next week to go again? I know he did a round last week.

That makes me feel a lot better. So basically no one has been accepted yet.

Did he say if he's doing any today or waiting till next week to go again? I know he did a round last week.
He didn't mention that - said turnaround time they are shooting for is about 3 weeks after the Interview, but this includes hold notifications too

He didn't mention that - said turnaround time they are shooting for is about 3 weeks after the Interview, but this includes hold notifications too
Haha darn, when I went to the info session they'd said 2 weeks or so. Well next week is my 3rd week so hopefully I get some sort of decision!

For anyone who has interviewed, how is the 14 minute regular interview station structured - is it general questions to prompt you to talk about what you want, or is it very specific q about your application?

For anyone who has interviewed, how is the 14 minute regular interview station structured - is it general questions to prompt you to talk about what you want, or is it very specific q about your application?
They had a behavioral-style MMI question. Not specific to your application, I think it's the same question for everyone.

I believe >50% of class comes from being in the Hold list at one point.
The big January cut culls the list significantly but still leaves about 250 ppl.

I believe >50% of class comes from being in the Hold list at one point.
The big January cut culls the list significantly but still leaves about 250 ppl.
Yo you don't know what your're doing to me guy! I'm so stoked to hear that!

Was complete end of June and heard nothing so far :( should probably consider a soft R, right? I did get a II to NYULISOM a while ago and already completed that, so I wonder if that has any bearing on II consideration at Grossman even though I don’t think it really did. They don’t send pre II Rs right, just ghost?

Was complete end of June and heard nothing so far :( should probably consider a soft R, right? I did get a II to NYULISOM a while ago and already completed that, so I wonder if that has any bearing on II consideration at Grossman even though I don’t think it really did. They don’t send pre II Rs right, just ghost?
No, there's so much time and there is no predicting in what order they review applications/if they table it and reinvestigate it later.

Reactions: 2 users
If I interviewed exactly 3 weeks ago (Wednesday Sept. 22), does that mean I can expect a decision today? or was 2-3 weeks a rough estimate? (maybe someone who interviewed earlier can answer this?)

If I interviewed exactly 3 weeks ago (Wednesday Sept. 22), does that mean I can expect a decision today? or was 2-3 weeks a rough estimate? (maybe someone who interviewed earlier can answer this?)
I think it's a rough estimate. I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back 3 weeks and 3 days later (on a Friday).