2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will today be the day???? 🙏

Reactions: 1 user
Those who have interviewed, how was this schools interview/interview day? Trying to gauge how much prep I need to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have interviewed, how was this schools interview/interview day? Trying to gauge how much prep I need to do.
I had a great interview here! It was low stress in my opinion and the students were lovely. It was pretty standard in terms of what to expect from a traditional interview.

• Love
II just now!!! literally shaking ahaha. I sent an update letter 12/27 and finished my app on 7/3!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Also received an IS II today!! Complete 7/18, no update letters sent. Literally in shock, I had given up hope!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II also received today! Also can confirm that I am shaking :rofl: update letter sent on 12/27/21

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Giving me hope... 🥺

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
II two hours ago! So excited. I applied to Flexmed and didn’t get it

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II two hours ago! So excited. I applied to Flexmed and didn’t get it
ahhhh Congrats!!! I am trying to manifest this energy for myself hehe. did you send an update? I am considering it but idk if it will make a difference

I’ve spammed them with updates yet complete silence since June 29th. At this point I hope they just slap me with an R. My bf will be starting a surgical fellowship in this hospital and was hoping to get some love ://

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve spammed them with updates yet complete silence since June 29th. At this point I hope they just slap me with an R. My bf will be starting a surgical fellowship in this hospital and was hoping to get some love ://
maybe they'll have one more wave of IIs before the end of the season... I know they interview into February so maybe they'll have one final round at the end of the month? Either way, sending you love. This process sucks and is emotionally draining

Same here, just keep getting emails from their master’s program :((

• Care
ahhhh Congrats!!! I am trying to manifest this energy for myself hehe. did you send an update? I am considering it but idk if it will make a difference
No, I didn't send an update. I was considering sending one out on Monday, but thankfully now I don't need to.

• Love
Do you guys know when the last interview date is if they are already scheduling for the first two weeks of February?

Any waitlist or rejections received? I'm wondering if they are sending out acceptances only for now. Thanks.

Any waitlist or rejections received? I'm wondering if they are sending out acceptances only for now. Thanks.
While not an A/WL/R, the email I received was somewhat ambiguous, just saying 'still in consideration.' Seems in line with how it was done last year--no clear WL/deferment

just got the A over email!! a very pleasant surprise :) interviewed mid-october

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
While not an A/WL/R, the email I received was somewhat ambiguous, just saying 'still in consideration.' Seems in line with how it was done last year--no clear WL/deferment
Do you know if last year they did later on get an A?

for those of us given this undecided email… do we think it’s a bad idea to sent letter of intent since we technically haven’t got a decision yet?

Do people get in after getting the email that they are still in consideration? Like is there a possibility I could get in next month? Disappointed because it’s one of my top choices for sure.

Reactions: 3 users
Do people get in after getting the email that they are still in consideration? Like is there a possibility I could get in next month? Disappointed because it’s one of my top choices for sure.
From the 2019-2020 thread there were several defer -> A posts.
None that I saw for 2020-2021.

Reactions: 2 users
From the 2019-2020 thread there were several defer -> A posts.
None that I saw for 2020-2021.
I know a few people who were deferred last year and got in!

Reactions: 7 users
I know a few people who were deferred last year and got in!
Do you happen to know if they interviewed in September/October? Trying to see if interviewing earlier and being deferred is an automatic WL/R

I don't think they reject anyone (who interviewed) until like July/August

Reactions: 2 users
Do you happen to know if they interviewed in September/October? Trying to see if interviewing earlier and being deferred is an automatic WL/R
Both were earlier, like Oct/Nov (not 100% sure). But one made it off Feb and the other in March.

are there any IIs left at this point?

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
are there any IIs left at this point?
It's a wrap.
I think we'll be wasting our time waiting.
At this point, it's already a rejection

• Dislike
It's a wrap.
I think we'll be wasting our time waiting.
At this point, it's already a rejection
Nah I’d give it two more weeks. Historically, the third week is when it seems they wrap up the current set of interviews. Never give up until you get an R. It isn’t over until it’s over and it’s not over.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users