2020-2021 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not match either, there's still a chance if you did not

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If we did not match, is there any way to find out if we are on the waitlist or were we just rejected? Will SHSUCOM send out an email or something or should I email them and ask my status?

If we did not match, is there any way to find out if we are on the waitlist or were we just rejected? Will SHSUCOM send out an email or something or should I email them and ask my status?

Unless things have changed, interviewing and not matching at a Texas school - without receiving communication otherwise - is an automatic waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless things have changed, interviewing and not matching at a Texas school - without receiving communication otherwise - is an automatic waitlist.
How do we differentiate between rejection and waitlist?

According to last year's SHSU SDN page, ppl were notified that they were waitlisted a few days after match. So I would think that they would email us if we were placed on a WL

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who matched! For anyone that didn't, don't lose hope just yet. I did not match last year and was notified a few days after that I was on the waitlist. Late April and early May is when a LOT of waitlist movement started happening. And there are people in our class now who got off the waitlist even in July. It's not over until it's over!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who matched! For anyone that didn't, don't lose hope just yet. I did not match last year and was notified a few days after that I was on the waitlist. Late April and early May is when a LOT of waitlist movement started happening. And there are people in our class now who got off the waitlist even in July. It's not over until it's over!
Thank you

Just got waitlisted that was fast!

Reactions: 5 users
Didn't match, but I got on the waitlist. Hoping for the best :)

Just got the waitlist email, lets hope there'll be some good movement!

I'm kinda excited that I waitlisted, but I'm not sure if I should be excited lol. Like at least we have a definite answer and we're not out of it yet, but it just sucks that we'll have to wait some more.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I'm kinda excited that I waitlisted, but I'm not sure if I should be excited lol. Like at least we have a definite answer and we're not out of it yet, but it just sucks that we'll have to wait some more.
Same. I don't know if I have to study for the MCAT again to get better score or just wait

Same. I don't know if I have to study for the MCAT again to get better score or just wait
Sameeee. I just paid for a $200 question bank but I really don't want to retake the MCAT.

Sameeee. I just paid for a $200 question bank but I really don't want to retake the MCAT.
I’m just going to start studying again. I’m on 3 waitlists but I still feel the chances are slim and I don’t want to re-apply late ...better safe than sorry

No need to answer this question if you don't feel like to but just out of curiosity, did anyone not receive a WL offer from SHSU after not matching?

No need to answer this question if you don't feel like to but just out of curiosity, did anyone not receive a WL offer from SHSU after not matching?
That's what I was thinking. Maybe they gave a WL offer to all who didn't match as a way to let us down easy.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? They sent an offer that we had to either accept or decline, so is it like a first come first serve type thing where if you accepted the offer earlier, you're higher up on the waitlist? Or do they re-evaluate each applicant and then accept people from the waitlist?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? They sent an offer that we had to either accept or decline, so is it like a first come first serve type thing where if you accepted the offer earlier, you're higher up on the waitlist? Or do they re-evaluate each applicant and then accept people from the waitlist?
Accept it if you want to stay on it, and decline if you're not interested.

Be sure to read the message carefully to see the date by which they want your answer!

Not sure when this was posted last but here’s the link to the class FB page!

There is a high likelihood that there are a lot of waitlists because they are new and trying to fill in seats and they interviewed 1000+ for 112 seats. I'm sure there's lots of people who didn't receive a WL as well
Did they announce they'd interviewed 1000+ people?

Just got waitlisted at SHSU! Hoping for the best. It was one of my top choices <3

Reactions: 3 users
Is there anybody who didn’t receive a waitlist offer? I feel like everyone who didn’t match was offered one.

Why is the school interviewing past match day? They must have a full class and a decent waitlist at this point

Why is the school interviewing past match day? They must have a full class and a decent waitlist at this point
They were not going to interview past match day, but the super reliable Texas power grid cancelled the 2/19 interview so a bunch of people were rescheduled to 2/26 or 3/5

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid packages yet? I followed their steps for applying for aid a couple of months ago and still have not heard anything.

Just got an acceptance off the waitlist! Couldn’t be happier. Good luck to everyone still waiting it out!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just got an acceptance off the waitlist! Couldn’t be happier. Good luck to everyone still waiting it out!!
CONGRATS!! If you don't mind sharing, did you send any updates after your WL notification? When did you interview/get waitlisted?

• Love
CONGRATS!! If you don't mind sharing, did you send any updates after your WL notification? When did you interview/get waitlisted?
Thank you! I got waitlisted just this last week (on TMDSAS Match Day), and within that time I didn't get the chance to send any updates or a letter of intent. Also I interviewed on 2/26.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
In the waitlist email it said that we should keep our immunizations and transcripts ready for if we get accepted... I wanted to make sure this means that we do not have to send in anything yet right? We should only send in immunization proof and order transcripts once we are accepted, correct?

In the waitlist email it said that we should keep our immunizations and transcripts ready for if we get accepted... I wanted to make sure this means that we do not have to send in anything yet right? We should only send in immunization proof and order transcripts once we are accepted, correct?
Correct

If I want to update my transcript, do I have to send it to TMDSAS or Sam Houston?