2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Interview Feedback:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How did you guys answer the essay question on the primary application? Kind of stuck

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how I can add South Georgia to AACOMAS if I’ve already submitted the PCOM-PA app?

You should have answered them in the primary AACOMAS, no extra secondaries :)

Awesome! Thank you! I haven’t submitted due to I haven’t been verified yet but I want to make sure everything falls into place!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received an Interview timeline or know what time range they will be going out?

Got supplemental information email... aka "send us $75 more to review your app"

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive any correspondence after paying the $75? Or even a II?

I haven't heard anything about II. I also have been wondering what their interview timelines are like? When do they typically start sending II?
Anyone receive any correspondence after paying the $75? Or even a II?

How did you guys answer the essay question on the primary application? Kind of stuck

I'm a second year student here! There are a few of us around and we are all available for answering questions!

anyone know if I'm in FL should I apply to Georgia (its own app I think) or South Georgia/Philly combined?

If it is financially feasible for you, I would suggest applying to all 3- you never know what could happen! I can't speak for Georgia, but South Georgia has A LOT of students from Florida.

Hey guys, I'm a first time applicant here. Also first time using AACOMAS. So I sent my application for PCOM-GA (Suwanee) last week and immediately got verified, and next day an email from PCOM for 75$.

Fast forward this week I submitted for PCOM-South GA but I got an email from ACCOMAS that my application is being verified. I thought application is only verified ONCE, then that same application would be sent to any school we paid 46$ for. When I click to view my submission in AACOMAS it says that my PCOM-SouthGA application is verified. I haven't got any email from PCOM-SouthGA for 75$, is this the norm?

thanks!

II this morning. ORM AACOMAS cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.49 510 MCAT. I am excited since this is my first II of the cycle. My only question is that if we applied to both the Philly and South GA campus can we only interview at one? I am a Florida resident so I am not sure if they assumed that I would prefer the Georgia location.

II this morning. ORM AACOMAS cGPA 3.47 sGPA 3.49 510 MCAT. I am excited since this is my first II of the cycle. My only question is that if we applied to both the Philly and South GA campus can we only interview at one? I am a Florida resident so I am not sure if they assumed that I would prefer the Georgia location.

Congrats! You have separate interviews and admissions decisions for each campus!

Made an account to provide any information I could!

Received an II for September 24th and received an A just a few days ago!

Super super chill/laid back interview. It seems they care more about "who you are" as opposed to bombarding you with a bunch of ethics questions like PCOM-GA did.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. Interviewed 10/13. Was not expecting that quick of a turnaround.

Reactions: 1 users
Applied a bit late. Did anyone get an II for September/October applications?

II. OOS LM 67. Complete 07/08. Interview 12/01

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invite just now! OOS, LM 65. Complete on 7/31, Interview scheduled for 12/3.

Accepted on 11/13, interviewed on 10/27. Also, didn’t expect this quick of a turnaround. Good luck to everyone applying!

Last edited:
Accepted on 11/13, interviewed on 10/27. Also, didn’t expect this quick of a turnaround. Good luck to everyone applying!
You were lucky to interview right before a committee meeting. Those that interview right after a meeting have to wait much longer. Congrats

I have my interview tomorrow. Very excited! Any current students in here that can provide me with a few last min tips?

How receptive is this particular campus to OOS non-trade/reinventors?

How receptive is this particular campus to OOS non-trade/reinventors?
FWIW, I received an interview here as an OOS with several gap years and a post-bacc, so kind of non-trad?

It seems like this PCOM campus is moving slower than the rest...does this seem true for those who have interviewed already aka were there many previously scheduled interview dates prior to yours? Just trying to gauge the timeline for when their interviews are running or if they've even come close to filling their seats

Anyone here attends PCOM South GA?

Could someone please let me know if there is still a written part to the interview process like previous year?

Could someone please let me know if there is still a written part to the interview process like previous year?
I interview on 12/15 and there was no written part. There was about an hour introduction and then a 30 min panel interview.

Anyone have any idea when the admissions committee is meeting again. Perhaps any decisions prior to the holiday? :shifty:

2nd year at South GA here. More than happy to help anyone that needs it!

Reactions: 2 users