2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email telling me that my financial aid application is complete. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to send out the financial award letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Got hit with the rejection earlier today, a little bummed because this school is close to family but cant complain about my cycle. OOS LM ~69 chrisitan non-SDA.

Good luck to the rest of you guys!!

Got hit with the rejection earlier today, a little bummed because this school is close to family but cant complain about my cycle. OOS LM ~69 chrisitan non-SDA.

Sorry to hear that.. Best of luck for other schools! Do you mind sharing when you were complete? And if you received the news via email or portal?

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry to hear that! Was this pre-II?

Sorry to hear that.. Best of luck for other schools! Do you mind sharing when you were complete? And if you received the news via email or portal?

Complete August-ish, email

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last year in November and didn't hear anything for six months. :eek: Granted I had a low MCAT and I'm sure they only interviewed me because I went to an Adventist school but don't lose hope you never know! I tried really hard not to be bitter about it because it seems ridiculous to make students wait that long but that's how their system goes.

Did you end up getting in??

I'm at LLU now for an interview on Thursday. Complete mid-December, II late December. 504 MCAT, 3.24 BCPM, 3.51 cumulative. SDA, SDA uni, US citizen. This is my second year out of school and my first year applying because I volunteered for a year out of the country and wouldn't have been able to fly back for interviews last year. I also accidentally missed an interview when they came to do interviews at my school when I was a senior because I got the dates mixed up in my calendar and the person who sent out reminders also mixed them up. :bang: Anyway, I'm scared I won't get in but also happy I have an interview, but not sure if it's only because I went to an SDA school. :shrug: Any insight would be appreciated. ;)

Did you end up getting in??

I'm at LLU now for an interview on Thursday. Complete mid-December, II late December. 504 MCAT, 3.24 BCPM, 3.51 cumulative. SDA, SDA uni, US citizen. This is my second year out of school and my first year applying because I volunteered for a year out of the country and wouldn't have been able to fly back for interviews last year. I also accidentally missed an interview when they came to do interviews at my school when I was a senior because I got the dates mixed up in my calendar and the person who sent out reminders also mixed them up. :bang: Anyway, I'm scared I won't get in but also happy I have an interview, but not sure if it's only because I went to an SDA school. :shrug: Any insight would be appreciated. ;)

I didn't get in. :whoa:

The fact you have an interview outside of your university at LLU is a good sign! I've known people that went to an SDA university and didn't get an interview when they applied so they don't just interview every SDA if you're applying outside of college. Also, you applied in December and are getting an interview invite that quick? Also a good sign. You deserve to be there and you're going to do great :nod:

Just had my interview today! It went super great I think. :joyful: I'm hopeful. :happy: Both interviewers were super helpful and totally tailored to me and my experiences. I felt so at home with them. Now just gotta wait to hear back! :nailbiting:

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what their interview dates are/what day of the week they typically interview on?

Does anyone know what their interview dates are/what day of the week they typically interview on?

I had my interview on Nov 15, a Thursday. and the user above had their interview on Jan 10, also a Thursday so it seems like Thursday's are the days they typically interview on but that could also just be coincidence

Did anyone get the call today, or are we still waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to be clear, is today supposed to be one of the days we hear back, or am I off?

Accepted. Received call around 9 p.m EST.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like they’re done calling for the night. time to wait for another month :(.

I interviewed January 8, but they didn't say when their decision days are... is it once a month?
Historically it’s been once a month (every third Thursday with the exception of March due to Match). I think someone noted they also make calls on friday but i couldn’t find evidence of that from previous years’ threads.

Historically it’s been once a month (every third Thursday with the exception of March due to Match). I think someone noted they also make calls on friday but i couldn’t find evidence of that from previous years’ threads.

What happens in March?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope. I just interviewed so I’m not expecting a call for a while.

I’m just wondering because I won’t be in the country the third Thursday in February or March so I will definitely miss the call if that’s when they do them.

Are they still sending out any II at this point?

this might be a dumb question, but do they have breakfast on interview day? Also, do they have a place for people do store luggage during the interview day?

I hear you just call back and they confirm your acceptance! And you get an email a few days later. Did you get that missed call?

I can confirm this! Missed the call due to time zone differences, called back once their office opened the next day and was forwarded straight to the dean, Sara.

Accepted (although missed the call) on 1/17. Interviewd 11/15 OOS. SDA. LM 70.

this might be a dumb question, but do they have breakfast on interview day? Also, do they have a place for people do store luggage during the interview day?

no breakfast, but they do provide lunch (It was haystacks on my interview day). I had a room at the Loma Linda Inn, very short walk from campus and so I kept my luggage there

Just got an II and scheduled for the interview for this coming Thursday!
How was the interview like at Loma Linda?

Just got an II and scheduled for the interview for this coming Thursday!
How was the interview like at Loma Linda?

In my experience, the interview was very relaxed and everyone was friendly. I could tell that my interviewers really looked over my applications well and were genuinely interested in getting to know me better.
I'd prepare by looking over your app, practicing common interview questions, and be ready to talk about yourself and your experiences clearly. Good luck! I don't know if this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
just got an II (complete sometime in september)! It was a little weird tho because they asked me for days I'm available and told me they would "find a day that interviewers are available based on the days i provided them" does that mean I won't be attending an official interview day? Maybe I just misunderstood lol but regardless I'm super excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting!!!

They did the same for me. There is no official interview day if they do that as far as I can tell. I didn’t have one. I just had the two interviews and had to fend for myself for the rest of it.

Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting!!!

They did the same for me. There is no official interview day if they do that as far as I can tell. I didn’t have one. I just had the two interviews and had to fend for myself for the rest of it.

thank you so much :) and congrats to you on the interview! So did you not have a tour, lunch, or presentation (or any other interviewees)? I'm wondering if this is because all the official interview dates have passed or because I'm IS

thank you so much :) and congrats to you on the interview! So did you not have a tour, lunch, or presentation (or any other interviewees)? I'm wondering if this is because all the official interview dates have passed or because I'm IS

Nope. No official tour, presentation, or other interviewees. They gave me a lunch voucher after the interview but since my interview was in the evening I couldn’t use it anyway. I did get a tour but that was only because I knew someone there and I asked to shadow them for the day. I think it’s because the official interview dates have passed but I’m not actually sure. I’m definitely OOS and had to fly in and stay for a week because they told me it could be any one of 5 days and didn’t actually give me the exact date until the week of and I had already bought my tickets because I couldn’t afford to wait until the last minute to get them. I’m kind of annoyed, but still grateful I got an interview so quickly after completing.

Nope. No official tour, presentation, or other interviewees. They gave me a lunch voucher after the interview but since my interview was in the evening I couldn’t use it anyway. I did get a tour but that was only because I knew someone there and I asked to shadow them for the day. I think it’s because the official interview dates have passed but I’m not actually sure. I’m definitely OOS and had to fly in and stay for a week because they told me it could be any one of 5 days and didn’t actually give me the exact date until the week of and I had already bought my tickets because I couldn’t afford to wait until the last minute to get them. I’m kind of annoyed, but still grateful I got an interview so quickly after completing.
Hi! Just wondering, did they say when you would hear back?

Hi! Just wondering, did they say when you would hear back?
At my interview in early January they said you can hear back in as little as 2 weeks from your interview date or up until April.

Are there any current students on here that are willing for accepted students to PM them about their experience at the school and give insight about housing? Thanks in advance!

Are there any current students on here that are willing for accepted students to PM them about their experience at the school and give insight about housing? Thanks in advance!

Current MS2 - I've been MIA for obvious reasons, but happy to answer any questions regarding LLU apps, interviews, housing, etc. Feel free to PM!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any social media page for the Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2023?