2020-2021 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fat pre-II R
Complete early august
Good luck everyone :)

pre-II R as well! Complete 10/22. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after an interview have people heard? And are acceptances made via phone call or email?

For those of us who did not get the big R yesterday... are we still in the running for an II? Are they still giving II's out? I am still hoping and praying every day that an II comes my way.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of us who did not get the big R yesterday... are we still in the running for an II? Are they still giving II's out? I am still hoping and praying every day that an II comes my way.

+1.

Reactions: 3 users
yeah people who just got interviews said there's plenty more interview slots so I think we are still in the running!

Reactions: 5 users
yeah people who just got interviews said there's plenty more interview slots so I think we are still in the running!

I hope so.

Last time I applied here, I was axed in March. I hope I’m still in the running...somehow.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Loma call the second week or third week for acceptances in Feb?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected this morning pre-II, complete 9/14. It was in my promotions tab

They are definitely still giving out IIs. I was invited on the 2nd and there were available slots as early as this week!

Reactions: 1 user
I already submitted an update letter, but do you guys recommend sending a letter of interest if it's been super silent? No R but no II either lol

I already submitted an update letter, but do you guys recommend sending a letter of interest if it's been super silent? No R but no II either lol
N=1 but I submitted a combined letter of interest/update letter and got an II about two weeks later. I'd say a persuasive LOI is worth a try!

Do we send thank you letters to the generic admissions email or do we upload it via the portal? Sorry if this has been asked before!

N=1 but I submitted a combined letter of interest/update letter and got an II about two weeks later. I'd say a persuasive LOI is worth a try!
I too sent a letter of interest early on. Not sure if I should send a second one...I don’t wanna spam them ;n;.

Is there some advantage to sending a letter of interest/update? I haven't heard anything since I submitted my secondary and interviewed but I'm sure the silence is because they are waiting for my new MCAT score to come in.

Anybody know what the post II A rate is for Loma Linda? I couldn’t find it on that spreadsheet

Hi all! Do we know if all decisions come by phone? Or do rejections/waitlists come in an email?

Anybody know what the post II A rate is for Loma Linda? I couldn’t find it on that spreadsheet
This is a rough way of doing it, but according to MSAR, they interview 387 people and 168 of those matriculated. They also say that they typically take 25 people off the waitlist. So probably around 45% ?

This is a rough way of doing it, but according to MSAR, they interview 387 people and 168 of those matriculated. They also say that they typically take 25 people off the waitlist. So probably around 45% ?
Ah I see. If 168 matriculate, do they have to offer many more As than that in order to make sure their class fills up? Not sure but if you take USC for example (which has a similar class size at 180), they interview ~700 people and offer ~350 As for 180 spots in order to account for people with multiple As who pick a different school. Not sure how relevant that scenario is to Loma Linda though...

You can kind of calculate it by looking at the MSAR data. I erased my calculations lol but I remember it being around 50ish %

Ah I see. If 168 matriculate, do they have to offer many more As than that in order to make sure their class fills up? Not sure but if you take USC for example (which has a similar class size at 180), they interview ~700 people and offer ~350 As for 180 spots in order to account for people with multiple As who pick a different school. Not sure how relevant that scenario is to Loma Linda though...
Yeah that’s right. We would need to know how many admissions offers they send each cycle. But I would suspect that using the MSAR data would give us a very conservative estimate

tomorrow is the second Thursday of the month...

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I have decided today to turn down my interview invitation which I received a couple weeks ago. I hope this would give another aspiring pre-Med a chance at realizing his/her dream. Good luck y’all!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Last year they offered 222 acceptances for 168 seats. This information was provided by Admissions at Open House last month!

Reactions: 2 users
What time do they usually call? Sorry not sure if anyone will know this

do they send you an update email, the same time they call you for acceptance?

I didn't get a call and I interviewed 1/28 :( getting very nervous
I interviewed 1/26 and to be fair, it’s barely been 2 weeks for both of us, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t hear until March! Don’t lose hope yet :)

• Care
Hey! I heard there may be an official class of 2025 facebook page but am not sure where I would find this. I have delayed setting up my student account and had to email help desk, but hopefully I will have it set up soon. Is there a way to connect with incoming students in the portal? I am wondering about housing and how I may connect with potential roommates! I was accepted 12/10 and confirmed my attendance two weeks later. I received the email for my student account on 1/13 and am just now trying to set it up. Hope I am not behind on meeting everyone! Congrats everyone who has been accepted!
I don’t think anyone has set up an official Facebook or anything yet. I know my friends accepted into other schools have set up groupme to get to know each other. Would anyone be interested in this?