2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook group for admitted students?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I interviewed in September and still haven’t heard anything. I haven’t seen anyone else on here that interviewed that early without hearing back. What does this mean?!

Reactions: 1 user
So I interviewed in September and still haven’t heard anything. I haven’t seen anyone else on here that interviewed that early without hearing back. What does this mean?!

I would call them to check, you might have missed their email. If not, we should be hearing within a couple weeks it seems like, according to others on the forum!

any updates or calls anyone?
Nope. It’s so weird lol I haven’t seen any accepted calls on this forum since Feb. I think that the chances are one of us would be accepted after Feb and post here but guess not lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an offer for the MMS program. Not sure what to do. ‍♀️ Anyone have advice?

I interviewed in December and still havent heard back... Anyone else in a similar situation?

Just got an offer for the MMS program. Not sure what to do. ‍♀ Anyone have advice?

One of my friends did the MMS program, kicked ass, interviewed, and got into the school the next year. Definitely worth looking into if you are facing a reapplication/gap year. I would still ask around for direct advice from those who have gone through it or know your situation better.

I interviewed in December and still havent heard back... Anyone else in a similar situation?

In the same boat, also interviewed December. Getting super anxious because this application cycle is starting to overlap with the next, so I'm not sure if I'm going to have to start preparing for the next application cycle. Especially torn because I'm sitting on two other waitlists from other schools :dead: anyone in a similar situation??

I called admissions a couple of weeks ago and they said they will let everyone know about admissions decisions in mid-April. I’m assuming that means April 16th (today!) because that’s 2 weeks before April 30th, when everyone has to pick one school to plan to enroll. I could be wrong about the 16th though because that is just my speculation. Regardless, I can’t believe they’re taking this long to get back to us! I interviewed early January and still don’t know their admissions decision for me

Alternate list, interviewed late January

I'm waitlisted and I didn't get an email about a student portal >< what did it say??

I'm waitlisted and I didn't get an email about a student portal >< what did it say??
“This email is to notify you that the Admissions Committee has voted to place you on the Alternate list. To prepare for the possibility that you could be moved to Accepted status, new items have been added to your Application Portal. Addressing these items ahead of time will allow you to be prepared should your status change to Accepted. If you are accepted, completion of these portal items will be required before registration.“

I got it as well, I think it depends on when you finished your fafsa paperwork phew

why do you think so? i thought it was in order of when u found out u were on the waitlist
oh I just thought that's what it was because after everyone got their emails, I submitted all my fafsa paperwork and got the email the day after maybe that's not the case though?

oh I just thought that's what it was because after everyone got their emails, I submitted all my fafsa paperwork and got the email the day after maybe that's not the case though?
oh possibly.. but i’m not sure :0 cause i submitted my fafsa even before i got on the waitlist just in case i would get in or something

Anyone who is religious but not a Christian apply here and get an interview/acceptance? And if so, did you talk about your religion anywhere in the app?

Just got an offer for the MMS program. Not sure what to do. ‍♀ Anyone have advice?
Do it unless of course you have another medical school you got into. I'm a current student (not MMS), but I can tell you that its a sweet deal. You start first year with about 3-4 less classes than a normal first year. In addition, you don't have to attend all the other waste-of-time-meetings that first years have to do. This is good because you have more time to study. You get more help from professors, students, etc. than normal first years. You will have access to a better community/knowledge base as other MMS students are generally very helpful. If you pass, you start with a regular first year load but at this point you would have accumulated enough knowledge and connections to do well. But, again, if you got into another medical school do not go to Loma Linda.

do u guys think anything will happen tmrw? since people will have to commit to enroll or plan to enroll
I'd say May 1 might be the earliest. I know of someone from last year's cycle who was waitlisted and got an acceptance the first week of May but I'm not expecting things to be exactly the same this year since I know they've changed it up a bit this cycle

Just took myself off the alternate list so hopefully that bumps some of you up! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I'd say May 1 might be the earliest. I know of someone from last year's cycle who was waitlisted and got an acceptance the first week of May but I'm not expecting things to be exactly the same this year since I know they've changed it up a bit this cycle
oh i see i see. thank you. do you know of any stats/likelihood of people getting off the waitlist?

oh thank you! what is MSAR?

Medical School Admissions Requirements. It's basically a huge database of admissions information that all med schools submitted to AAMC. Covers pre-application stuff such as average/median MCAT/GPAs of matriculants, prereqs of each school, letters requirements, etc. It also a section that covers waitlist protocols/numbers for each school.

Medical School Admissions Requirements. It's basically a huge database of admissions information that all med schools submitted to AAMC. Covers pre-application stuff such as average/median MCAT/GPAs of matriculants, prereqs of each school, letters requirements, etc. It also a section that covers waitlist protocols/numbers for each school.
Did you have to pay in order to view info from MSAR?

Anyone hear back about anything or amongst any of your friends?