2023-2024 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hm I thought their website said they were aiming to send only around 600 but I hope this is true!
I think that’s the number of traditional MD invites they look to send, but I think think the tracker includes MD/PHD invites as well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My guess is that they’re done and just haven’t updated the tracker yet :’( the last IIs could schedule 2/20 which is supposedly the last day of interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bros are they coming out rolling or all at once??? I'm prepared for the R but I don't see it

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II R.
"I understand that this news might be disappointing, especially considering your interest in medicine." ig some apply for funsies

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
R :(((

OOS pre II R rip

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Pre-II R chupapis! Complete 11/19/23, 5 minutes before deadline lolol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
R

Time to start grinding for Vandy ortho residency, congrats to all with As y’all are living the dream 🫡

• Wow
+1 I should have a theme song everytime I pop into a thread w a pre II R

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Pre-II R as well

• Care
Tracker is up to 719 interview invites, I think they've sent out everything because it usually comes up to be 720 invites every year

Can you send a letter of intent before being waitlisted?

Can you send a letter of intent before being waitlisted?
I remember on interview day that the Dean said to not sent letters of intent until April 30th at the earliest (since that’s when they begin looking at the waitlist)

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Late on this but putting this data point out there - II on 1/31

Last edited:
  • Care
Interviewing in a couple days and haven't gotten the interviewer info they said they'd send 3 days prior. Anyone who's already interviewed, did you guys find out your interviewers 3 days in advance or did it also come late for you?

Does anyone know when the next set of decisions gets released?

Does anyone know when the next set of decisions gets released?
Looking at past threads, it's been 2/24 and 2/25 (both Fridays) for the past couple cycles. I'm guessing 2/23 this year?

For people that provided updates: did the update show up in your portal? I received a confirmation email that my update was received since I emailed it, but it wasn't in my documents on my portal (I assume it just shows up in their internal system?). Just wanted to confirm if that's normal!

For people that provided updates: did the update show up in your portal? I received a confirmation email that my update was received since I emailed it, but it wasn't in my documents on my portal (I assume it just shows up in their internal system?). Just wanted to confirm if that's normal!
You have to upload it. The instructions say to add it to your portal and then email them letting them know you've added it.

You have to upload it. The instructions say to add it to your portal and then email them letting them know you've added it.
It says:

1708116713186.png

Hope it'll be alright? May email them to confirm.

I would just upload your update to the portal to be safe. There's slightly different wording in the FAQ section in regards to updates on the secondary portal site where they request both the upload and email. Either way, it seems fine to me.

is there any idea to when the 2nd wave of As would be rolling out?

Typically Friday so I expect this Friday, Feb 23rd for the second wave and March 8th, Friday for the third wave. Good luck everyone!!

98% sure it's this Friday starting in the afternoon. As you posted this comment I was scouring past years' Vandy threads since I'm a neurotic November interviewee and this is my top choice by far -- Final A wave is exactly 2 weeks after but has far less As than the wave coming this Friday

Does Vandy also give merit aid during this upcoming wave or do they usually only distribute it during the first wave?

I, for one, am feeling very nervous about decisions on Friday... I have not had a good week of decision results so hoping for the best but expecting the worst -- sending positive vibes to everyone else in a similar position!

Reactions: 6 users
Does Vandy also give merit aid during this upcoming wave or do they usually only distribute it during the first wave?
Comes in the 2nd wave too, but it seems to be less common -- It also looks like if they don't mention merit aid during that call, you won't be getting merit aid anytime later

Do they save Rs for last, or could we also hear back during the 2nd wave for Rs/WLs?
WLs come right after the final acceptance wave -- No post-II rejections come during this time, they just keep you on the waitlist indefinitely if you interviewed and didn't get in

98% sure it's this Friday starting in the afternoon. As you posted this comment I was scouring past years' Vandy threads since I'm a neurotic November interviewee and this is my top choice by far -- Final A wave is exactly 2 weeks after but has far less As than the wave coming this Friday
Do you know why the last A wave is smallest? Fewer applicants left to review or is it that they admit fewer at the end?