2023-2024 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Welp..I guess it’s over for today :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE A PHONE CALL! FULL RIDE😭

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
What are the odds of getting accepted in later waves if we don’t in this one 🥺

Reactions: 1 user
And the clock is at the hour again, first A after 6 CT is huge

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen them release as late as 9:30pm est and even into Saturday… no idea if that will happen but the most we can do now is stay hopeful

I don’t want to give false hope and I’m not exactly sure what I heard, but I’m pretty sure the person who called me said they’re gonna “send out emails in a few days once all calls are made”.. so idk if today is the last day or not

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I don’t want to give false hope and I’m not exactly sure what I heard, but I’m pretty sure the person who called me said they’re gonna “send out emails in a few days once all calls are made”.. so idk if today is the last day or not
Interesting…

i get the whole calling thing but tbh i'd rather it be like college admissions where they just say we're going to email all y'all at this date this time, and then you open the portal. im so anxious walking around just waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
For others as neurotic as me, two years ago people got calls till around 1 pm CT on Saturday… doesn’t seem like any were reported last year, though

Reactions: 2 users
forgot to check SDN all weekend just to see that I missed an A in this first wave :') does anyone know what the odds are like for later waves? ALSO CONGRATS EVERYONE

For anyone who has attended any of the previous official campus visits, I know the email said "casual dress is completely acceptable," but what were people actually wearing? I don't want to be the only one showing up not wearing dress shoes lol.

For anyone who has attended any of the previous official campus visits, I know the email said "casual dress is completely acceptable," but what were people actually wearing? I don't want to be the only one showing up not wearing dress shoes lol.
People were typically business casual :).

If you are at all worried about them identifying you, they don’t even ask for your names. Truly has no bearing on admissions

Reactions: 1 users
forgot to check SDN all weekend just to see that I missed an A in this first wave :') does anyone know what the odds are like for later waves? ALSO CONGRATS EVERYONE
In the same situation… I saw in past years there have been a few people in the February and March waves that interviewed early and were accepted but it doesn’t seem that common. Still holding out some hope tho :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if second look is something the school pays for (housing, transport, etc) or is it out of our pocket?

Does anyone know if the merit scholarships are given out at time of acceptance? A scholarship would be so clutch but they didn't mention anything when they called so I'm hoping they are still deciding lol.

Does anyone know if the merit scholarships are given out at time of acceptance? A scholarship would be so clutch but they didn't mention anything when they called so I'm hoping they are still deciding lol.
Mine was over the phone

Mine was also given over the phone

Do we think any other MSTP decisions will be released today? The silence is killing me....

Accepted OOS!! I hope this isn’t a mistake though, since I didn’t get a phone call. Did anyone else get accepted without a call?
whats the first couple sentences of your email? Because the verbiage in the email I got today references the phone call ina way, so if you got a different one + plus have a tab in your portal I think you are just fine

Last edited:
Accepted OOS :) does anyone know how long I can hold on to this A? I had another interview that'll get decided on in March that I'm interested in

“Congratulations! We loved contacting you to tell you the good news of your acceptance into Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Class of 2028. Your status in our Admissions Portal has changed to reflect your acceptance.”
Hmm mine is the same but if you have a portal change I think you're legit in!

• Love
“Congratulations! We loved contacting you to tell you the good news of your acceptance into Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Class of 2028. Your status in our Admissions Portal has changed to reflect your acceptance.”
that wording had me EXTREMELY confused for like 30 seconds when I saw it lol

Accepted IS. LM 73.5. No phone call. Seconding gekyumewrld in hoping this isn’t a mistake. This is wild.

Accepted OOS!! I hope this isn’t a mistake though, since I didn’t get a phone call. Did anyone else get accepted without a call?
Same thing happened to me!! I was literally so confused and am still kind of scared it was a mistake, but my portal is updated.

Jus got the call. First acceptance in my 2 app cycles. Big moment here. Thanks everyone

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Hi everyone, I was one of those who got the call late :). For those who received the merit scholarship offer--- was this only over the phone or in the offer letter too?

Hi everyone, I was one of those who got the call late :). For those who received the merit scholarship offer--- was this only over the phone or in the offer letter too?

It was in both! Didn’t post yet but for those keeping track at home, OOS A + scholarship.

For those that received merit scholarships, was it included in the acceptance email sent out today as well?

So… anyone get an A who interviewed in November? I’m holding out hope that they didn’t get to them yet or something 😭

So… anyone get an A who interviewed in November? I’m holding out hope that they didn’t get to them yet or something 😭
Same..I also interviewed early November😭 But I remember admissions staff saying that ppl interviewing in Nov are kinda tight for first wave decision and it really depends on how fast our interviewers/reviewers submit their reports given the holidays. So she said even for the same day interviewees, the decision turnaround can be different!

Is it Joever for October interviewers?

Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News