2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it makes you feel better. I am still waiting too for every single california school. I also went to UCLA so really hoping it's just a regional thing. MY stats are fine too so idk.
also went to ucla and still waiting, majority of my activities are through there too lol. not sure what to think

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
also went to ucla and still waiting, majority of my activities are through there too lol. not sure what to think
Same here, went to UCLA as well and I'm still waiting...I also didn't hear back from any of the other UC's, so that sucks as well lmfao.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received 7/15 at 6am. AMCAS verified 7/14 & sent DGSOM primary acknowledgement 7/15 at 5am. Not really sure what the method to their madness is but now I'm really wishing I had prewritten this one

Huh guess I didn't get screened out. Oos received at 4:17am

• Care
IS received! anyone have any info on the two pathways (global and urban)? can't find much info online, are they new? and do they require a ton of extra work?

Seems like it was mostly IS people getting secondaries until today. Hoping we get an OOS secondary soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have nothing yet, have I been screened out :(

+1 IS Secondary 505 MCAT 3.9 sGPA. Very surprised I wasn't screened out!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS Secondary Received 6 AM EST, verified 6/01

Some of you might enjoy this but I just submitted and realized one of my essays, which is ironically all about written communication skills, had two pretty obvious typos lol. Don't know how I missed it in my proofread. Read your stuff an extra time, it seems Grammarly doesn't catch everything.

• Care
does anyone know if taking preview on august 12th will mark my application way too late since secondaries aren't considered complete until the score is in? this was my only school that required it and i didn't know if i'd get screened out but i received the secondary this morning (oos)

does anyone know if taking preview on august 12th will mark my application way too late since secondaries aren't considered complete until the score is in? this was my only school that required it and i didn't know if i'd get screened out but i received the secondary this morning (oos)
might as well work on your secondary essays then the Preview will be the only thing lacking

Anyone received a secondary for MSTP?

might as well work on your secondary essays then the Preview will be the only thing lacking
yes i was planning on submitting the secondary essays asap! i just wasn't sure if it would still be considered too late since the UCs prioritize early applicants and my entire application wouldn't be complete until the score came in

Has anyone who submitted gotten an "application complete" email? I got one saying my secondary was received, but nothing about it being marked as "complete" like at other schools...

Has anyone who submitted gotten an "application complete" email? I got one saying my secondary was received, but nothing about it being marked as "complete" like at other schools...
I only got the "confirmation of receipt" email too but the status page in the app portal itself says "application is complete" so I'm assuming if it says that we're good to go!
Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 4.18.55 PM.png

Probably stupid question but I had to rescheduled my MCAT to 8/25, i mean, do i even have a chance with ucla? or should i not apply to ucla ?:(

Tbh thought I got screened out since my app was verified 5/31 and I got confirmation of receipt from UCLA 7/1, but I just got a secondary invite 7/18 at 6am, OOS. Seems pretty random at this point

+1 OOS secondary received at 6am ET. Got Confirmation of receipt e-mail from UCLA Geffen 7/1.

Tbh thought I got screened out since my app was verified 5/31 and I got confirmation of receipt from UCLA 7/1, but I just got a secondary invite 7/18 at 6am, OOS. Seems pretty random at this point
Think they went backwards by verification date. I was verified 6/01 and only got it yesterday. People verified early June got it the days before me and people verified late June and July got it the earliest.

Gonna be upset if I get screened out since I spent time and money on this preview exam and actually got a 7 on it
:rofl:
Here are the only 7 US MD schools requiring Preview - add some more!
Mercer, St. Louis University, UC Davis, UCLA, U Hawaii, U Mass, U Utah

+1 IS! verified 7/17, app receipt 7/18 2 pst, secondary sent 7/18 soon after. Lower stat, kinda URM, preview taken but no score by secondary date.
Super crazy to see an app from them, also received davis and irvine this morning.

Mind sharing the MSTP prompts? Thank you!

Application Type: I am applying to the MSTP, but I would like to be considered for medical school if not admitted to the MSTP.
(there is a checkbox here) Both MD and MD-PhD

Location of Study: Please choose one: UCLA, UCLA/Caltech, Caltech

Simply list the names of faculty at UCLA (incl. research area) whose work is of interest to you (e.g. Joe Bruin, Neuroscience).

Simply list the names of faculty at Caltech (incl. research area) whose work is of interest to you (e.g. John Smith, Engineering).

Areas of Interest:
checkboxes for around 20 areas

Research Experience: Please list the following: PI of lab, name of direct supervisor, institution, start and end dates, total number of hours spent on each project, role in lab (i.e. paid/volunteer research position).

References: (Please list the names of people who submitted a letter of recommendation in support of your MSTP application to AMCAS. For this section, please list ONLY those whose letter is relevant to your research experience/s):

Publications: Please list all of your publications and manuscripts in press (please do not include submitted manuscripts), with a full list of authors, title, journal, issue, and page number, and provide a PubMed ID number (if applicable). Please describe in one sentence your role in that publication (i.e., "I designed and performed the experiments described in Figure X and Y, I analyzed data for Figure Z, and I wrote portions of the manuscript.” (do not list Abstracts or any presentations at research conferences).

Statement of Purpose: Why do you want to attend UCLA/Caltech for your training?
4000 characters

OPTIONAL Personal Comments (Is there anything that you would like for us to consider when reviewing your MSTP application):
4000 characters

Reactions: 2 users