2023-2024 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oos secondary received this morning

Members don't see this ad.

Got the under review email 10 minutes ago

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know there were a lot of concerns about waiving secondary fees with FAP. Historically they only lower it to half-cost but I submitted yesterday and had my fee fully waived. just an FYI for those who were worried about it

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind if I ask when you submitted/your application was complete?
I should have also specified I’m an early decision applicant- Submitted primary May 29-30 (day it opened). Submitted secondary Wednesday evening July 5th already complete with LOR and everything

Reactions: 3 users
For this prompt "Please list any leadership positions (clubs, organizations, paid work) you may have held." do I have to describe them in detail or simply just list them

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not see a red exclamation point stating that my app is in progress in my portal, does this mean I have been assigned to a screener? I have not gotten email that says my app is "in review"

I do not see a red exclamation point stating that my app is in progress in my portal, does this mean I have been assigned to a screener? I have not gotten email that says my app is "in review"
I haven't either. Mine says "Application is ready" so I think they haven't started reviewing apps yet.

Reactions: 2 users
August 1st was first ED II.
August 10 was first regular decision II.
From previous cycle*

How come the material deadline for ED is end of Aug tho? Do they continue sending out II throughout August?

I haven't either. Mine says "Application is ready" so I think they haven't started reviewing apps yet.
Okay that's what I thought. Even though MSAR says application review begins on July 3rd with interviews invitations beginning July 10th for this year lol.

Reactions: 1 user
How come the material deadline for ED is end of Aug tho? Do they continue sending out II throughout August?
I think all ED schools continue to send II prior to the deadline. For example, NJMS has already interviewed people who applied ED even though the deadline is at the end of july.

ED applicants should try to get everything in by August 1st so they can review it before II are sent.

Any OOS still waiting for secondary? I still haven't gotten anything and I was verified on July 7th...

Retaking mcat on July 28 :(
ED II were sent on august 1st last year so you won’t have it in time for those decisions. If interviewed, it should get to them before your app goes to the committee.

ED II were sent on august 1st last year so you won’t have it in time for those decisions. If interviewed, it should get to them before your app goes to the committee.

Yeah their website says all app materials before September, so I’m confused as well

In the "What have you been pursuing since you graduated?", is there a character/word limit? There doesn't appear to be!

Submitted secondary and completed ED app on 7/4 and I'm still not under review...anyone else??? 🙃

How do you know if your app is under review? On the application portal it just says that my application is complete

How do you know if your app is under review? On the application portal it just says that my application is complete
When I submitted my secondary I got two emails, one says "Secondary Application Submitted Successfully" and the other says "Application Complete." The "Application Complete" one had info saying I am now under review. Double check your email and see if you got both! I got them immediately after submitting my secondary. As long as you had all other necessary stuff in when you submitted I bet you're all good.

It's a separate email after the completion one. Not sure it means a whole lot but it's exciting regardless, haha.

Under review, ED, submitted on the 10th

It's a separate email after the completion one. Not sure it means a whole lot but it's exciting regardless, haha.
Is this what it says?

Dear Demetrius Demarcus St'Clair IV,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.

I also can't find where this green/red exclamation point is in the portal lol

For the people who didn't get an email, go to your portal and look in the status tab. For some reason, they didn't send me a completion email but I can see the "email" in the portal.

Is this what it says?

Dear Demetrius Demarcus St'Clair IV,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.

I also can't find where this green/red exclamation point is in the portal lol
This check mark bit seems to be a vestige from old cycles when they had a check mark. Based on threads from the past two years, it doesn't exist anymore.

Just over a week after my complete email (which is what you pasted) I received this:

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Seems to be separate to me. It does not reflect anything different in the "status" section of the portal but if you go to communication status specifically you should see one email saying you're complete and another saying you're under review (if you're under review, of course, I'm sure they have to get through the massive amounts of apps in batches).

This check mark bit seems to be a vestige from old cycles when they had a check mark. Based on threads from the past two years, it doesn't exist anymore.

Just over a week after my complete email (which is what you pasted) I received this:

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Seems to be separate to me. It does not reflect anything different in the "status" section of the portal but if you go to communication status specifically you should see one email saying you're complete and another saying you're under review (if you're under review, of course, I'm sure they have to get through the massive amounts of apps in batches).
when did you submit if you dont mind me asking?

I received the secondary on 7/5 and submitted on 7/6 so I'm not sure why they haven't started reviewing me yet. Application says its complete too w/ all LORs
I submitted on 7/8 and no review either. Doesnt seem like there's a pattern based on previous years report. Sit tight!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks man, good to know. I was getting a bit stressed lol.
It's normal to be stressed, I think we all get a bit neurotic with the process. If you scan earlier threads for Tulane in particular, it's a synergistic swarm of panic over timing!

Fingers crossed for ya getting the A of your dreams. It's still quite early 🤠

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
When is it considered early/on time/late when applying to Tulane?

Ballpark how long does it take for another email once you are marked as "Under Review"

Ballpark how long does it take for another email once you are marked as "Under Review"
from last year's thread they started giving RD II's 8/11, so either we'll get the II sometime after or get R'd