2023-2024 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R, OOS. They really did not have to wait this long for this lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R ~8:30AM ET
Complete early Sept
Update sent early Nov

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R Complete 7/15, LM 75, had 2 PB&Js for lunch, only cried for 20 minutes, 7 minute mile – 5 if i have my inhaler on hand and running downhill

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my app in November but Feinberg still went out of their way to reject me this AM 🫶

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I had my interview. The number of Harvard and Johns Hopkins students in that Zoom meeting makes me cry 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview. The number of Harvard and Johns Hopkins students in that Zoom meeting makes me cry 😭😭
Thank god at my interviews I only had schools like Duke and Stanford.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Fr 95% of the other students at all my interviews were from like T10 undergrads. Not making me feel great about my chances at any of em

• Care
Fr 95% of the other students at all my interviews were from like T10 undergrads. Not making me feel great about my chances at any of em
I mean I’m from a T20 so I’m not an underdog here but once you’re at the interview stage it’s less about where you went and more about what you did. You just have more opportunities at top schools.

I mean I’m from a T20 so I’m not an underdog here but once you’re at the interview stage it’s less about where you went and more about what you did. You just have more opportunities at top schools.
Yeah definitely true and I'm from a solid state school but it's just making me realize how insanely qualified the applicant pool is and how unlikely I am to get an A at these top programs despite the statistics theoretically being in my favor. But I also have gotten very little love from my mid-tier schools on my list so it's gonna be T20 or bust unless my UVA WL works out lmao

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah definitely true and I'm from a solid state school but it's just making me realize how insanely qualified the applicant pool is and how unlikely I am to get an A at these top programs despite the statistics theoretically being in my favor. But I also have gotten very little love from my mid-tier schools on my list so it's gonna be T20 or bust unless my UVA WL works out lmao
Don't worry bro, your IIs have been top 1 percent of applicants man. I went to SDSU (lol) and I pulled through past the HYPMS homies. It's all about rizzing in the interview stage.

• Love
You made it to the interview just the same as everyone else

Don't worry bro, your IIs have been top 1 percent of applicants man. I went to SDSU (lol) and I pulled through past the HYPMS homies. It's all about rizzing in the interview stage.
SDSU goated w that March Madness cinderella run last year rip my first-round exit hoos
Hopefully my rizz is adequate <3 FSM pls accept me

• Love
I’d really love to attend the town hall tonight but I’m not sure if I can because I’ll be at work. Any idea if it’s mandatory, or if they provide recordings?

Wish I could make a good impression and show that I care but unfortunately I’ll be at work :(

I’d really love to attend the town hall tonight but I’m not sure if I can because I’ll be at work. Any idea if it’s mandatory, or if they provide recordings?

Wish I could make a good impression and show that I care but unfortunately I’ll be at work :(
99% sure attending the town hall has zero effect on your admissions decision, and they have recordings available! If you go to the AMP portal, under the Interview tab --> Applicant Resources, you can see recordings of the Oct-Nov town halls. They were super helpful!

99% sure attending the town hall has zero effect on your admissions decision, and they have recordings available! If you go to the AMP portal, under the Interview tab --> Applicant Resources, you can see recordings of the Oct-Nov town halls. They were super helpful!

Okay thank you for calming my neuroticism and for the information! I'll watch the recordings then :D

When did they say they were planning to release decisions?
They didn't say, but from past threads it's the first Thurs/Fri of March (last year) or last Thurs/Fri of Feb (two years prior). My subpar divination skills are telling me sometime 2/28-3/1 this year

• Care
  • Love
During the interview session on 2/6, they said they would be released early March
I wouldn’t put a late February decision past them tho. They told us the first round would be early December and I got the A 11/30. Seems like they enjoy a surprise lol

• Love
I sent a LOIntent in September. Would it be bad to send another mini LOIntent with some small updates sometime this week?

I sent a LOIntent in September. Would it be bad to send another mini LOIntent with some small updates sometime this week?
Do it ASAP, it won't hurt that's for sure but given that decisions come out early March they may have already selected their initial offers of acceptance

Im in the same spot as you, similar LM, no A yet, and submitted an intent letter to NU

Im in the same spot as you, similar LM, no A yet, and submitted an intent letter to NU
Lol same here too. Anyone know how many spots they gave out in December? I feel like a "small number" of acceptances can range anywhere from 30 to like 100💀

Lol same here too. Anyone know how many spots they gave out in December? I feel like a "small number" of acceptances can range anywhere from 30 to like 100💀
When I asked an adcom about this they emphasized that it really is a very small number of A's relative to March (idk an exact number)

Yeah ^ I think they fill 80+% of the class in March. The December A's are the cracked af premeds while the March ones are for the general populace (slightly less cracked premeds)

• Haha
  • Wow
When I asked an adcom about this they emphasized that it really is a very small number of A's relative to March (idk an exact number)
Was accepted in November but recall admissions emphasizing this during my interview as well. Most people get deferred and accepted in March!

Was accepted in November but recall admissions emphasizing this during my interview as well. Most people get deferred and accepted in March!
damnn, you got 25 II and 12 A's no wonder they wanted you early!!

• Love
Just attended the town hall, they said they're going to have all decisions out by March 1st

There was a town hall? Where did the info for it come from

You probs already attended the first ones in 2023, this was another ECMH one for those who got interviews later
Okay so I'll be so honest, I thought this was the Mayo thread because I forgot @MayoPleaseLoveMe even responds to any other threads 💀 I did go to the PBL one recently haha

• Haha
Do they offer medical campus tours at any point or is it just the second look days? I love everything about FSM and I'd like to see it in person, but I have prior commitments on 4/11-4/12.

Do they offer medical campus tours at any point or is it just the second look days? I love everything about FSM and I'd like to see it in person, but I have prior commitments on 4/11-4/12.
U can email and they will more than likely setup a day for you to visit

Does Feinberg prefer its own undergrad students? I feel like every other interviewee and student went to Northwestern for undergrad