2023-2024 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back about decisions?
If you're RD, not for a while. I went to an open house there recently and they said they're holding all applications until February and will not send out RD acceptances before then. It sounds like there will be multiple waves of acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the receipt of primary app email 7/26 and I still haven't heard back about a secondary. I'm well within their criteria on MSAR and I have a MS degree with extensive research and clinical experience. It says they're holistic and screen for secondaries but I feel like I more than meet their standards... Should I reach out for an update (maybe they missed me??) or am I being dramatic (or is anyone in my same position lol). Just looking for someone to calm my nerves :cryi:
I added this school late, probably early Sept and received a secondary the same day. Reaching out might not be a bad idea.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're RD, not for a while. I went to an open house there recently and they said they're holding all applications until February and will not send out RD acceptances before then. It sounds like there will be multiple waves of acceptances.
How did you get invited to an open house? I haven't received any emails from them for info sessions/Q&A sessions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get invited to an open house? I haven't received any emails from them for info sessions/Q&A sessions.

It was in my one of the emails I got with my interview information.

Is there no Q&A/information session prior to the 1-on-1 interview? Curious if I missed something.
Nope! I don't think you missed anything.

Had my interview 10/4. Was pretty conversational, my interviewer was very nice. Only about 25 minutes. They ask you to log on to the Zoom room about 10 minutes prior and there's a brief period where you're in a room with a couple of faculty and can ask questions but it's entirely informal.

I'm RD or so I thought but my Zoom meeting was titled "Early Decision Interviews." I do know they accept the majority of their class via Bacc2MD programs so all of us that applied normal cycle, or so I have heard, will probs be waitlisted or have our decisions held first

Reactions: 1 users
Just received OOS II. No Ohio ties, LM 71, secondary application receipt email sent 8/30

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school record interviews so they can go back and see what you said, etc.?

First MD II yay
OOS no ties, LM70, done 8/30

• "The committee has decided that for the 2023 - 2024 admission cycle they intend to begin communicating initial candidate decisions in rounds in February. We intend to continue to accept candidates through the spring and anticipate making offers of admission to the doctor of medicine (M.D.) program through the entire month of May."
(Edited to put announcement in red so people can find it)
More waiting y'all :confused: wysdoc

Last edited by a moderator:
any tips for the interview? I have mine tomorrow. Any hard or bizarre questions, or is it pretty standard?

I got the receipt of primary app email 7/26 and I still haven't heard back about a secondary. I'm well within their criteria on MSAR and I have a MS degree with extensive research and clinical experience. It says they're holistic and screen for secondaries but I feel like I more than meet their standards... Should I reach out for an update (maybe they missed me??) or am I being dramatic (or is anyone in my same position lol). Just looking for someone to calm my nerves :cryi:
I also got a receipt for my primary on 7/26, and I just received a secondary this week.

I read somewhere online that their post interview acceptance is 62% , anyone know how accurate this is?

I read somewhere online that their post interview acceptance is 62% , anyone know how accurate this is?
It's actually way lower :/ for in-state, they interviewed 387 people and 124 matriculated (32%) and for OOS, they interviewed 300 people and 48 matriculated (16%). Mind you, of these matriculants, a huge amount comes from their early assurance program, which really takes that percentage even lower

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
It's actually way lower :/ for in-state, they interviewed 387 people and 124 matriculated (32%) and for OOS, they interviewed 300 people and 48 matriculated (16%). Mind you, of these matriculants, a huge amount comes from their early assurance program, which really takes that percentage even lower
This is their matriculation rate. Acceptance rate also takes into account people who were accepted but decided to attend a different school.

they probably accept way more than that though, that's just matriculated stats

Who is the interviewer at this school? Admissions committee, office staff or doctors? Do they let you know in advance ?

Do they send an email reminder for your upcoming interview before the actual interview?

Last edited:
Who is the interviewer at this school? Admissions committee, office staff or doctors? Do they let you know in advance ?
I was interviewed by a physician, and they don't tell you who's interviewing you.

Any idea how long after the interview we can expect to hear back?

Those of you who interviewed did you get an email about campus visit and zoom sessions ?

But do they have high acceptance rate after interview ?
no idea, keep in mind most schools don't release that data because they don't want to show how many people decline the acceptance versus matriculate

Reactions: 2 users
Does this school offer in state tuition for out of state students if they get an Ohio drivers license? How does this work ?

I am curious if NEOMED is still sending out II? I was complete 8/8 and still haven't heard back sadly...I am oos with ties to Ohio + did an internship summer at neomed so I thought those might help me a little. I wanted to send update letter but I believe they do not accept them?

Does this school offer in state tuition for out of state students if they get an Ohio drivers license? How does this work ?

This will vary on your specific situation. Per their residency FAQs:
Obtaining an Ohio driver’s license and registering to vote in Ohio demonstrate your intent to make Ohio your state of residence. Since the Ohio Board of Regents Guidelines is meant to exclude from residency those who are in Ohio for educational purposes only, transferring these items of registration is a way to show that you intend to become an Ohio resident.

This website has more information. What I do know is, like other Ohio public schools, the vast majority of students are able to qualify as in-state for M2.