2023-2024 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS II

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to yall! When did you submit and what are your stats if you dont mind?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Complete dates for those who received II today?

Complete August 15. Does anyone have the data for post ii acceptance rate for oos? I can't find any data on the spreadsheet or website.

Earliest I'm seeing for Interviews is end of October. Are they starting that late or were all the earlier times scooped quick?

was that the earliest one? was trying to schedule and also got end of October
Yeah I saw the email right after it was sent at 11 and I think scheduled by 11:30. Did not realize how quick I was going to have to be lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the post ii acceptance rate for is? I don't think it's on the spreadsheet

Does anyone know the post ii acceptance rate for is? I don't think it's on the spreadsheet
According to MSAR 25% of interviewed applicants matriculate so probably a little more than that get the A post II

According to MSAR 25% of interviewed applicants matriculate so probably a little more than that get the A post II
I'm curious, do we subtract the early assurance program matriculants from the total or are they interviewed for acceptance as well?

I'm curious, do we subtract the early assurance program matriculants from the total or are they interviewed for acceptance as well?
I didn't even think of that. I have no idea. If it does then that brings it down to 11.5% of interviews matriculate, assuming all early assurance people end up matriculating. So a semi-educated guess would be about 15-25% of interviews get accepted.

I had two semesters of orgo, but not two labs.
Can we still submit if we had like 1 lab that was 2 credits meant for both semesters of orgo? I submitted, but idk if it was a waste oof.

Also, no letters were supposed to be sent right, i'm checking msar, and it says that you can optionally send in letters if "you insist"?

Can we still submit if we had like 1 lab that was 2 credits meant for both semesters of orgo? I submitted, but idk if it was a waste oof.
Pretty sure Orgo Lab is 2 credits in itself, as in Orgo I and Orgo II Lab should give you 4 credits total. At least this is the case at my university.

Also, no letters were supposed to be sent right, i'm checking msar, and it says that you can optionally send in letters if "you insist"?
I'm pretty sure NEOMED's website says they do not want letters at all.
"Letters of evaluation are neither required nor accepted for this program."

OOS II received 08/23, secondary completed 08/10. LM 70. Waited about a day to schedule interview in late October (earliest available).

Last edited:
OOS II received 08/23, secondary completed 08/10. LM 70. Waited about a day to schedule interview in late October (earliest available).
That's a really fast turnaround! but your LM is high (at least compared to my 64)

Congrats on the OOS II. I have the same LM and feel like I have a strong primary/writing. Hoping for an II here too!

Does anybody know when the Early Assurance Application will open up?

Any current or former students able to comment on their interview experience?

If I haven't received a secondary yet, I'm assuming I should probably just take the L right?

If I haven't received a secondary yet, I'm assuming I should probably just take the L right?
Depends when you submitted your primary app. I reached out to a school that screens for secondaries after ~1 month of radio silence after submitting my primary and they sent me a rejection the next day. Not saying it will happen to you, but doesn't hurt to reach out if it's been a few weeks.

does anyone know how many interviews they send to instate applicants and how many they accept for instate?

Big II week coming up I can feel it

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Interview today - pretty relaxed environment!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know why year 3 tuition for out of state is like 15k more? The tuition is already 88k normally haha! Also, does NEOMED offer scholarships or aid to oos?

really concerning how this thread is only 2 pages. NEOMED PLEASE CHOOSE ME

• Haha
Is there no Q&A/information session prior to the 1-on-1 interview? Curious if I missed something.

I got the receipt of primary app email 7/26 and I still haven't heard back about a secondary. I'm well within their criteria on MSAR and I have a MS degree with extensive research and clinical experience. It says they're holistic and screen for secondaries but I feel like I more than meet their standards... Should I reach out for an update (maybe they missed me??) or am I being dramatic (or is anyone in my same position lol). Just looking for someone to calm my nerves :cryi: