2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time do we think decisions will come out tomorrow (if we even think it’s tomorrow)?

Members don't see this ad.

What time do we think decisions will come out tomorrow (if we even think it’s tomorrow)?

I have a good feeling it’s tomorrow. It’s been 4 weeks since the last communication (which was 4 weeks after the Jan communication) and it’s the week after Match Day which is historically when they send them.

As for time, last year seemed to be after 5:30 PM EST for the March Wave. This past Jan was at 10 PM EST. This past Feb was at like 1:30 PM I think.

In conclusion, the crippling anxiety could either last until tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon, tomorrow evening, or indefinitely.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they trickled decisions in the past? I thought they typically released all at once?

wl 🫡🫡 got waitlisted by every t20 under the sun it be like that

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL... hurts a bit because this is my top choice :( has there historically been WL movement in the past?

WL. Does anyone get rejected at this point or are we all just thrown into a bottomless waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
post-II R
Both of mine from NYC schools lol the big apple couldn't handle spiderman

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the WL is ranked? And if so, does anyone know if we can inquire about our rank on the WL?

OOS A by email 1 hr ago, late feb interview

Incredibly, incredibly grateful...

WL! Interviewed in Jan!

Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got my first A after so many waitlists about 2 hours ago! So relieved and so grateful!

Good luck to everyone and I really hope it works out for all of you :)

• Love
What does WL movement look like here?

I'm wondering if Einstein's free tuition is impacting this...like maybe they are being careful with acceptances bc they are concerned about yield? keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

• Hmm
Does anyone know when we would need to send a letter of intent to Sinai to help our chances at getting off the waitlist? Does sending a letter earlier help chances or does it just need to be prior to April 30th?

Is there a possibility of scholarship if admitted off the waitlist or is that reserved to students accepted the first time around?

Regardless of whether it’s reserved or not, I would assume that those scholarship funds are limited and on a first come first serve basis (for both merit and need based). I would imagine that even getting off the waitlist in the first week of May means theres less funds to go around than having been accepted from Jan to March

When would I need to submit FAFSA by to hear about aid before 4/30?

Theres an unofficial one made. It's in one of these pages, no official one yet.

Has anyone received their financial aid letter ?

• Dislike
Anyone know what WL movement typically looks like here?

Has anyone tried to negotiate aid with Sinai? Curious if they're willing to give a bit more aid given Einstein full tuition