2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. Complete 8/27.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
pre II R just now — good luck to everyone else :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R complete in August (when will it end)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
+1 Pre-II R OOS

• Care
Pre-II R, OOS, complete mid-July, good luck to everyone with IIs!

• Care
+1 OOS pre-II rejection. LM 73.5. Complete early July

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre-II R, complete 10/8

• Care
somehow survived this R wave complete 7/8..not getting my hopes up though

Got the OOS pre-II R as well. Complete 8/22.

No surprise here, given that I made a foolish error in my "why Hofstra" essay :/

• Care
Omg... I'm literally working on an update letter as we speak! Now I'm scared haha

what is going rn, are all these coming in rn?

• Care
OOS II, Complete 9/29, Q4 Casper, LM 63! I’m so excited since it’s my first MD interview!! :)

Last edited:
IS II complete 9/11, LM 77

Reactions: 1 user
Does Hofstra offer in-person tours of campus or is it all virtual tours and such? Would LOVE to go see campus with my family at some point

• Love
Does Hofstra offer in-person tours of campus or is it all virtual tours and such? Would LOVE to go see campus with my family at some point
I'm sure if you email them they would be delighted to give a tour :)

I'm sure if you email them they would be delighted to give a tour :)
Cool beans! I'll shoot them an email for sure. Do you think that I should wait a bit since I just got an II? I don't wanna seem too eager or anything like that even though I'm super elated to even be considered by them past my secondary lol!!

Cool beans! I'll shoot them an email for sure. Do you think that I should wait a bit since I just got an II? I don't wanna seem too eager or anything like that even though I'm super elated to even be considered by them past my secondary lol!!
Nah can't hurt! I think it only shows interest in the school :)

Nah can't hurt! I think it only shows interest in the school :)
It definitely didn't hurt to ask, but just to let you and anyone else who's curious know, they only offer in-person tours of campus for accepted students! Hopefully I'll get to that point! o_O

• Love
It definitely didn't hurt to ask, but just to let you and anyone else who's curious know, they only offer in-person tours of campus for accepted students! Hopefully I'll get to that point! o_O
I have a feeling you'll end up getting that tour!!! Keep us posted!

I have a feeling you'll end up getting that tour!!! Keep us posted!
Thanks for the encouragement!!! With my stats and this being my second cycle I would literally be throwing up and crying to even get a WL for a school like Hofstra. Good luck to you too!!

• Love
Pre-II R (OOS) on 11/17/23
Secondary submitted 8/30/23

• Care
does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads

does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads
I saw last year's thread was around Dec 20th and it looks like they might admit monthly after that cuz I only see people talking about decisions around Dec 20th then again in mid-Jan and mid-Feb. If anyone knows more or you find out more def post here pls :)

• Care
I saw last year's thread was around Dec 20th and it looks like they might admit monthly after that cuz I only see people talking about decisions around Dec 20th then again in mid-Jan and mid-Feb. If anyone knows more or you find out more def post here pls :)
Yup during the interview, they told us first set of decisions would go out end of Dec right before the holidays.

Does anybody know what the mini skills session is?