2023-2024 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol i have WL->R undergrad and WL->R transfer, will i be able to collect the med school WL->R ??? time will tell
harvard looooveeesssss to play hard to get like i know you want me 🙄

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
OOS II, HST and Pathways, complete 7/14, LM 76.8

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can only see two available dates on the portal for interviews, does anyone know if HMS releases more in subsequent days?
I think I only a few when I scheduled too, but I think they have a deadline by which to claim your slot by. If your interview date doesn't work for your schedule I'd reach out to them ASAP

Reactions: 1 user
For my II I was emailed directly and given two dates to choose from.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
OOS Pathways II this morning 😭 doesn’t feel real

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
OOS Pathways II (around 11 AM). Completely insane. LM 72-73. Completed 7/25

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
For those who have/are planning to interview, did you send a thank you note to the Harvard Admissions Office or email one to the medical students directly if they gave you their email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have/are planning to interview, did you send a thank you note to the Harvard Admissions Office or email one to the medical students directly if they gave you their email address?
I just sent mine to the Harvard Admissions Office because on the Canvas it recommended any correspondence be sent to that address including thank you notes. But if the student interviewer gave you their email and seemed comfortable with a thank you letter being sent directly, I think you are fine.

Pathways II like 30 minutes ago! In disbelief.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Pathways II like 30 minutes ago! In disbelief.
Michael Jordan Dunk GIF by NBA

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get an II with stats similar to mine (518, 3.85 cGPA/3.75 sGPA)? Trying to gauge as I build a school list for 2025 cycle.

How long does it generally take to receive a secondary application from HMS?

Has anyone sent an application update? Any pros and cons to sending one now?

I sent one this week, I know it’s “too early” but I had a first author publication on a weaker research application so I figured couldn’t hurt

Reactions: 3 users
I sent one this week, I know it’s “too early” but I had a first author publication on a weaker research application so I figured couldn’t hurt

I just got a publication and thinking of sending in a letter of interest for this as well. Did you just mention your publication and reiterate your interest in attending Harvard?

Edit: or did you just upload the details of your publication without a letter of interest?

Dont have any significant updates but what are people’s thoughts on sending a LOI regardless? I feel like it’s kind of purposeless bc its Harvard but idk

Dont have any significant updates but what are people’s thoughts on sending a LOI regardless? I feel like it’s kind of purposeless bc its Harvard but idk
tell em you got diamond camo on black ops 2

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did you just mention your publication and reiterate your interest in attending Harvard?
Dont have any significant updates but what are people’s thoughts on sending a LOI regardless?
The general consensus on SDN seems like LOIs pre-II anywhere don't really make an impact (non-binding commitment from all of us desperate applicants).
That said if you are already sending in an update that includes publications, you can pepper in some comments about your interest, it can't hurt.

So when Harvard says they have non-rolling admissions, does it really not matter if applicants submit close to the deadline outside of scheduling? I sent my primary to them in July, but I never submitted my secondary here. I'm planning to submit this weekend either way since it's free with FAP, but I'm wondering if I've made my chances at this school even smaller or if it's not a big deal that I'm submitting super late.
From their website: "The timing of the submission or completion of an application will not affect the applicant’s chances of receiving an interview invitation."

So no, submitting later should not hurt your chances. I'd submit

I think for every set of interviews they only open up a week or two of dates. I had the choice of 3-4 days within two weeks too.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed with the MD/PhD recently. Honestly, a pretty mixed experience. One interviewer was amazing, super lovely, and very engaging. The other was physically present but mentally absent. One thing is for sure, though. Harvard -- and, specifically, the Harvard-MIT MD/PhD program -- is the best in the world. I likely won't get in, but I'm sending my best wishes to all those who do.

Though all of my interviews so far have been with chill people and chill vibes, I will say HMS was way more conversational because it was clear the interviewers had read my file and were asking me niche follow-ups. It made for good conversation (and I really appreciated the effort) but I was taken aback by some of the very specific questions about my motivations to pursue 'x' (things about me/hobbies I hadn't thought were that interesting but clearly piqued their interests?). So read what you wrote and be ready to discuss any activity!
But, unlike above, I would rate both my interviewers as very engaged!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Though all of my interviews so far have been with chill people and chill vibes, I will say HMS was way more conversational because it was clear the interviewers had read my file and were asking me niche follow-ups. It made for good conversation (and I really appreciated the effort) but I was taken aback by some of the very specific questions about my motivations to pursue 'x' (things about me/hobbies I hadn't thought were that interesting but clearly piqued their interests?). So read what you wrote and be ready to discuss any activity!
But, unlike above, I would rate both my interviewers as very engaged!
Bros going to Harvard 😍😍😍

• Love
Interviewed with the MD/PhD recently. Honestly, a pretty mixed experience. One interviewer was amazing, super lovely, and very engaging. The other was physically present but mentally absent. One thing is for sure, though. Harvard -- and, specifically, the Harvard-MIT MD/PhD program -- is the best in the world. I likely won't get in, but I'm sending my best wishes to all those who do.
I wouldn‘t think too much about the interviewer who was “physically present but mentally absent.” Every interviewer has a different personality, and I’m sure you did great!