2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Appreciate the response.

Do you get an email if you get an II?
I believe so. I haven't gotten an II so I'm not sure haha. But I think most schools at least try to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe so. I haven't gotten an II so I'm not sure haha. But I think most schools at least try to.
They must, there's no way we can keep checking the portal everyday, but I guess we're all neurotic enough to do it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
On this note, MSAR 75th percentile MCAT score is a 514. Do you guys think that's the superscored version or raw scores?
I always assumed MSAR just shows latest MCAT

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who applied here also get a fee waiver? We didn't have to enter any number we just had to click one of the fee waiver boxes right?

Did anyone who applied here also get a fee waiver? We didn't have to enter any number we just had to click one of the fee waiver boxes right?

That’s what I did! I haven’t been contacted further about it

has anyone gotten an interview invite or everyone is just on hold or complete? was put on hold myself

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten an interview invite or everyone is just on hold or complete? was put on hold myself
Nobody on this thread has gotten an interview invite yet that I've seen, but sdn represents a fairly small percent of the total applicants so it doesn't necessarily mean they haven't starting sending them out yet. Ik historically people selected for interviews got a message in their portal saying they would receive an email in the coming days to schedule one, but who knows if they'll do that this year. I've been complete since 7/12 with no change in status yet

Do you guys get an email saying your status has changed? Been complete since 7/18.

Based on last year's thread interviews should be going out soon, presumably within the next week or so.

Status unchanged from "complete", submitted 7/15 :( , hoping thats not a bad sign

Reactions: 3 users
Status unchanged from "complete", submitted 7/15 :( , hoping thats not a bad sign
In the same boat. I asked this a little bit ago and people have said both pretty neutral at this point. You can go straight from complete to II. Hoping that’s what’s gonna happen for us:)

4. Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) from the point of application through matriculation in 2024. (750 characters)
for this one are people doing like bullets/list where its like "job hrs/days per week etc"
or like more essay-y? do I have to describe the job or can I just say I work as job title at organization full time, I volunteer at the hospital, I shadow, etc

for this one are people doing like bullets/list where its like "job hrs/days per week etc"
or like more essay-y? do I have to describe the job or can I just say I work as job title at organization full time, I volunteer at the hospital, I shadow, etc
I think 750 characters (especially without spaces) is enough to actually briefly describe the activities, so that's what I did. Listing seemed too little given the character count limit

My app is on hold as well, just checked today.

Same, I just saw the re-reviewed message as well. Has anyone gotten an interview invite here yet?

do they tell you the status in the first box you see when signing into your portal? Mine still hasn’t changed from “your app is complete”

Hey everyone! I have been trying to research if GWU has a regional preference. I live an hour away but in VA. Also my mcat is above their 90th percentile. Is that grounds for yield protection. My ECs are not that impressive so I hope I do not get yield protected. I really love the program

Hey everyone! I have been trying to research if GWU has a regional preference. I live an hour away but in VA. Also my mcat is above their 90th percentile. Is that grounds for yield protection. My ECs are not that impressive so I hope I do not get yield protected. I really love the program
I wouldn't say GW has a regional preference because it's private but idk

Reactions: 2 users
If you look at the stats, DC residents have higher interview rates. But apart from that they don’t have a regional preference. In terms of yield protection, unless you have like a 521/522+ I wouldn’t worry

Are they still sending out holds without IIs ?

Nobody on this thread has gotten an interview invite yet that I've seen, but sdn represents a fairly small percent of the total applicants so it doesn't necessarily mean they haven't starting sending them out yet. Ik historically people selected for interviews got a message in their portal saying they would receive an email in the coming days to schedule one, but who knows if they'll do that this year. I've been complete since 7/12 with no change in status yet

SDN is a minority of total applicants but it’s a high stat and highly driven minority so I’m guessing no IIs have been sent yet and if some have likely very few. The cycle has been moving slower than normal for every school so far

Already got a secondary from them despite my primary not yet being verified. Is there any benefit in submitting the secondary early in my case or should I just wait until verification of my primary is complete? Just making sure because it'll be over the usual 14-day guideline if I do wait.

SDN is a minority of total applicants but it’s a high stat and highly driven minority so I’m guessing no IIs have been sent yet and if some have likely very few. The cycle has been moving slower than normal for every school so far
I've heard this a few times that SDN represents high stat / highly driven candidates, just wondering how factual this is / what it's based in?

I've heard this a few times that SDN represents high stat / highly driven candidates, just wondering how factual this is / what it's based in?
Probably anecdotal, but it makes sense, that people who are the most invested, emotionally, and neurotic, are more likely to be active in these types of forums.

Reactions: 5 users
Is the hold process normal from last year too? If everyone is getting a hold instead of IIs it might be due to the Supreme Court decision

Is the hold process normal from last year too? If everyone is getting a hold instead of IIs it might be due to the Supreme Court decision
They just haven’t started IIs yet… that’s all it is

I think it's more likely that they want to get an overview of this year's pool of applicants before they start selecting people for interviews.