2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is reaching an extra level of neurosis, but if anyone cares to know, it appears the character limit does not include spaces.
it also does not include punctuation

Members don't see this ad.

If you selected regional medical campus preferred or regional medical campus only, please explain in detail your interest in regional medical campus and how it will be a good fit for your clinical education? (1750 characters)

What if you selected main campus preferred? Should you write our answers based on that or ignore this question as not applicable?

If you selected regional medical campus preferred or regional medical campus only, please explain in detail your interest in regional medical campus and how it will be a good fit for your clinical education? (1750 characters)

What if you selected main campus preferred? Should you write our answers based on that or ignore this question as not applicable?
it would be not applicable

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This school FOR SURE requires the committee letter if your school offers it right?

Have you previously interacted directly with the MD Admissions Office through events, tours, fairs, webinars, or interviews? (Y/N)
If Yes, please explain (250 chars)

If you didn't attend any, does this look at you're not as interested in their school? I looked at any possible upcoming webinars but can't find it. Any ideas what you guys are doing with this question?

Have you previously interacted directly with the MD Admissions Office through events, tours, fairs, webinars, or interviews? (Y/N)
If Yes, please explain (250 chars)

If you didn't attend any, does this look at you're not as interested in their school? I looked at any possible upcoming webinars but can't find it. Any ideas what you guys are doing with this question?
Seems neurotic. I doubt if it came down to it they'd say "This student would be a great candidate for an interview, but they didn't attend the webinar so they don't seem interested." These schools know you're applying because they fit your stat range/mission.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GW genuinely uses holds as a delay and not as a rejection. I was on hold from July-November my year and still got in post-interview, no waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
GW genuinely uses holds as a delay and not as a rejection. I was on hold from July-November my year and still got in post-interview, no waitlist.
that's reassuring to hear - it's sincerely one of my top choices - thanks for the clarification

I submitted 7/13 and still no update on my app. Do they review secondaries through rolling admissions? :(

I submitted 7/13 and still no update on my app. Do they review secondaries through rolling admissions? :(
I submitted 7/22 and just got put on hold. Doesn't look like they have a specific process for going about these.

Hi Lumya! I was wondering if you had 15-20 minutes to answer some questions I had about GW's program. It is one of my top choices but I do not know any current GW medical students. Thank you in advance!!

Hi Lumya! I was wondering if you had 15-20 minutes to answer some questions I had about GW's program. It is one of my top choices but I do not know any current GW medical students. Thank you in advance!!
You can DM me if you have any specific questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

For the question asking us to list our activities until matriculation, should I break down the hours of each activity to prove I will be busy for 30-40 hours/week or can I just list what I will be doing? I feel like it will be obvious enough that I will be busy for at least 30 hours a week..

For the question asking us to list our activities until matriculation, should I break down the hours of each activity to prove I will be busy for 30-40 hours/week or can I just list what I will be doing? I feel like it will be obvious enough that I will be busy for at least 30 hours a week..
I included the number of shifts I did per week for each activity and wrote at the end that each shift was 8 hours. They can fill in the math with the numbers I gave them.

Can also just use words such as "Full time across a range of activities including:"

what does it mean if my application is still marked as complete, but hasn’t been placed on hold yet? i submitted the first day the portal opened (7/11)

what does it mean if my application is still marked as complete, but hasn’t been placed on hold yet? i submitted the first day the portal opened (7/11)
Likely it has been assigned to someone to read, so it will depend on the workload & the assessment of your application.
No news is still good news

Reactions: 1 users
Did any of you guys receive a complete email from GW after submitting? I got a fee waiver so I didn't get a payment receipt.

Did any of you guys receive a complete email from GW after submitting? I got a fee waiver so I didn't get a payment receipt.
I don't have fee waiver so I only got payment receipt. No complete email--just was updated under my application status that my app was complete

nope I'm pretty sure they don't send complete emails so I wouldn't worry about it

i think on their website it says it’s not uncommon to be put on hold before an interview. seems like it’s part of their process
so is it a bad sign if we don't get put on hold or are both complete and on hold at this point pretty neutral?

so is it a bad sign if we don't get put on hold or are both complete and on hold at this point pretty neutral?
i wish i knew! i think it causes more stress to try to look for answers in this often unpredictable process. all i can do is take the information i have at face value: my application is complete and out of my hands until i hear otherwise, for better or for worse!

Reactions: 8 users
Could anyone who also had a fee waiver confirm that all we need to do is check the box and then submit our app? We don't need to type in a number or anything like that?

Does your portal specifically say under review?

My portal unfortunately still only says "Your file is now complete... etc"
Submitted 7/13
No just the same complete message it’s had since I submitted. I’m gonna take it as a good sign that they haven’t put me on hold and hope that I get an II soon, but I really have no idea.

I submitted 7/14. Still under review. IDK if I should be concerned yet

No just the same complete message it’s had since I submitted. I’m gonna take it as a good sign that they haven’t put me on hold and hope that I get an II soon, but I really have no idea.
Ok I have the same message.