2023-2024 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if emory does a second look?

a friend who goes there says they do. they have an fb group that they linked to the offer confirmation so there might be more there (haven’t joined bc I didn’t read closely enough to notice)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A in the portal this morning! Interviewed 9/29 so it does sound like they take a second look!
I also don't see anything in my USPS informed delivery

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A in the portal this morning! Interviewed 9/29 so it does sound like they take a second look!
I also don't see anything in my USPS informed delivery
You have restored my hope. The copium is officially back for future A waves

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
i still can’t believe it i’ve been in complete shock all day! does anyone know if we will get more like “admitted student” info?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed back in Oct. and didn’t get an A in both Oct or in Nov. Does anyone know if it is now unlikely to get an A at this point since 2 review cycles have past?

Did anyone see an update in the portal but still haven't received anything in the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent interview invites?

Any other IS folks been in radio silence since mid-August?

Reactions: 2 users
Emory interview coming up, anyone know how the group interviews were? More specifically were the questions more casual or more deep: i.e. why medicine/destress methods/why emory vs personal struggles/challenges you had to overcome.

group was super chill! it’s 3 students and you take turns answering (123,231,312, etc) questions were not super specific and really allowed me to highlight aspects of myself i wanted to. honestly chill interview day! glhf!

rector questions, mostly the first set but there was one about like goals, asked about favorite book/podcast, and there was one deep one that was like a challenge you overcame or what you learned from it or smth like that

IS II today! So excited, was really holding out for this one!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS II 🥲 My alma mater finally decided to give me some love

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II today. Complete 7/29. Scheduling choices 12/11 and 12/18

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we can apply into any of the dual degree programs after starting? I noticed that we can for the Bioethics but I didn't see anything for the MBA for example

i think it depends on the school and structure of the duel degree. i know you can for MPH and bioethics. for MD/MBA (per the website Dual Degree MD/MBA | Emory University Goizueta Business School ) it looks like you submit a completely separate MBA application and if accepted to both you can enroll. it also says you can do the MD/MBA even if you go to a different med school but idk how that works.

tldr looks like you can apply to the business school separately later but you could always email and ask!

Does anyone know if we can apply into any of the dual degree programs after starting? I noticed that we can for the Bioethics but I didn't see anything for the MBA for example
I know current students who decided to do their MPH after they started their MD and I'm pretty sure it's an option as well for other degrees

For the "virtual overnight stay" how formal/professional/interview-like was it? Do you recommend wearing interview clothing or should you treat it like a normal informational phone call?

For the "virtual overnight stay" how formal/professional/interview-like was it? Do you recommend wearing interview clothing or should you treat it like a normal informational phone call?
Lol it's incredibly relaxed, nothing like an interview. It's a chance for you to ask questions. Just dress casually.

mine was just a phone call, i was in my pajamas and the girl i talked with was making dinner

Could anyone share what time the interview day ended this year? (Trying to plan how much work I am going to miss) Thanks!