2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My understanding is that it takes years. Usually 2 to 3. So my hot take is that it’s going to be a back up/safety school if we have no other option.
Also think that b/c of this they will accept a lot more students this year to fill their class.

Members don't see this ad.

Also think that b/c of this they will accept a lot more students this year to fill their class.
maybe, but the average applicant only gets one A and would have to go there. They will probably accept a normal number of students post II but take more off the waitlist as people opt to go to lower ranked schools IMO

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As much as we would like to think otherwise, I don't really think it will affect their admissions all that much. They are in the process of fixing the administrative mistakes that caused the probation and they have a long history of being a highly regarded school.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the rate of II: A? I was looking at the 2021 Google sheet here and it doesn't seem that great ....
From what I've read on here and last year's thread it seems like it hovers around 40%.

Quite selective the einstein admission eh
That is II to A. Those stats are on par with almost every school. It's the getting the II part that is very challenging. Going from 10,000 applicants to 900 interviewed is a lot bigger of a jump than going from 900 II's to ~400 admitted for a class of 200 (example numbers, generic).

So the 40% has nothing to do with Einstein being more or less selective. Schools simply don't have the resources to interview a bazillian applicants. Hence the idea that if you have 3 interviews, you SHOULD get 1 A just based on stats. HTH.

That is II to A. Those stats are on par with almost every school. It's the getting the II part that is very challenging. Going from 10,000 applicants to 900 interviewed is a lot bigger of a jump than going from 900 II's to ~400 admitted for a class of 200 (example numbers, generic).

So the 40% has nothing to do with Einstein being more or less selective. Schools simply don't have the resources to interview a bazillian applicants. Hence the idea that if you have 3 interviews, you SHOULD get 1 A just based on stats. HTH.
I agree! Looking at the admissions data on US News (they have stats for interviews and acceptances [not just matriculations]), a lot of admissions rates are between 30-50%, with Einstein sitting around 34% last year, which is on par with a lot of schools.

If you like playing the stats game (keeping in mind that it doesn't take into account your performance in the interview, which is a HUGE factor), the chance of you getting at least 1 acceptance is = 1 - (S1 * S2 * S3 * etc), where S1 = 1 - A/II (the chance of not getting an A after interviewing for each school).

Assuming an average A/II ratio of 40%, 3 IIs gives you about a 78% chance of at least 1 acceptance. AGAIN, this is disregarding interview performance and your app overall, but it might be comforting to know/shed some light on the whole "Interview 3, a doctor you'll be" saying.

Reactions: 2 users
A few weeks ago, a different school with a similar LOR requirement as Einstein (ie, need to submit a LOR from a faculty member in ur major if not submitting a committee letter) reached out to me and explained that the LOR I used for my faculty LOR doesn't count b/c they're not part of core faculty. I ended up getting a core faculty member to write a LOR for me, which I have submitted to the other school. However, I realized that Einstein also has this requirement and I emailed them over a week ago asking if I should submit this new LOR, but have not heard back. Should I just leave it or follow up?

Has anyone else seen the email about the new dean appointment? My heart dropped bc I thought it was an app update. Why are they letting all applicants know about this when we aren’t even students??

Has anyone else seen the email about the new dean appointment? My heart dropped bc I thought it was an app update. Why are they letting all applicants know about this when we aren’t even students??
Probably relevant to the accreditation issues and they want you to know they're trying to fix the issues so that you still consider coming to their school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
very conversational, interviewer emphasized this throughout, interviewer was knowledgeable about the application but did not ask any difficult questions
That's reassuring! About how long did it last?

Ah it's killing me that we won't hear back about post-II decisions till February, love this school and love it even more after the interview process. everyone was so kind!

Did anyone have an interview with more than one person?
Everything I am seeing says just one person for about 30-60 minutes. Good luck, let me know how yours goes! Mine is 10/16 so it'll be nice to see how everyone reports back

Are the last two essays truly optional? I am a ORM with a pretty normal life/application and don't want to hurt myself by trying to make myself sound more unique just to have something written down
Each applicant has something unique to bring to the table, even if it is a work experience...describe the situation, how it affected you and discuss what you learn from it. It is a unique experience because it is how you, and only you, perceive it. It would be great if you can extrapolate on what you learn to how it will help you be a good medical student or a physician in the end. Go for it.

How long were your guys' interviews? I saw someone earlier say it was scheduled for 30 but went over by 15 or so. Was wondering if anyone else had a time estimate.

I never go this email. Should I be concerned?

OOS II received a short while ago! Complete 7/22, also not allowed to register yet

felt weird about my interview ... I was asked a total of 2 questions and then she asked if I had any questions 10 minutes in. But yeah very conversational and the interviewer was super nice

Would it be worth applying here still? 509 and 3.9 GPA. Low research, high clinical, high volunteering.

Would it be worth applying here still? 509 and 3.9 GPA. Low research, high clinical, high volunteering.
My understanding of Einstein is that it's very research-oriented, so they may question your fit. That, along with your MCAT being under the 10th percentile means you'd probably be fighting too much of an uphill battle for the application to be worth it at this point. I'm willing to defer to someone else though

I got an II also having very very low research and a similar GPA. I’m not sure if your MCAT may hold you back a bit since it’s close to the lower percentile. However, the school does seem to care about clinical so If you have time and are very interested in the school, go for it. But I probably would say not to add it on last minute because it may end up being a reach school

Last edited:
For those that interviewed, did they ask common interview questions? And did they go in depth on your file? I believe it is open file right?

For those that interviewed, did they ask common interview questions? And did they go in depth on your file? I believe it is open file right?
it was mainly common qs for me, very casual, and questions flowed with the conversation.

Does anyone know if Einstein has a policy on application updates? Have some research abstracts that were accepted but the secondary application portal says "Please be patient and contact the Admissions Office only if you think there is a problem with the receipt of some or all of your materials." Not sure if that is solely focused at people asking for updates about their own candidacy or also includes updates...

Does anyone know if Einstein has a policy on application updates? Have some research abstracts that were accepted but the secondary application portal says "Please be patient and contact the Admissions Office only if you think there is a problem with the receipt of some or all of your materials." Not sure if that is solely focused at people asking for updates about their own candidacy or also includes updates...
I am wondering the same thing. I can't find anything on the website but if you look through threads from previous years, some people said they only want post ii updates. Some people did send them pre-ii tho but I'm not sure if they ended up getting an interview invite

OOS II!! I'm so happy. I thought I'd never get an II here