2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an email saying my application folder is complete. lmfao, I thought It was complete when I submitted my secondary, but I guess not.
same!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To be fair, they did say it would take around 3-4 weeks to audit your supplemental materials, so with everyone's "complete" emails arriving almost exactly 3-4 weeks after submitting, it seems right on cue. Still waiting for mine personally, but I submitted 2 weeks ago so hopefully I hear back by the end of the week

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted on the 3rd of June and just got my complete email rn.

I submitted today. I wanted to know if I need to do anything extra for the LORs other than designate CMS on the primary app for my packet?

When should I contact them if I haven't received the complete email yet? Submitted secondary 7/8 and everything my portal seems to be received.

When should I contact them if I haven't received the complete email yet? Submitted secondary 7/8 and everything my portal seems to be received.
I submitted July 14th and still have not received a complete email either

What was the subject for everyone's application file complete email? I got one that said "Application Status Complete" but it didn't mention a file.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol just got the complete email, submitted like 7/10

Just got an “application complete” email after submitting my secondary on 7/17

Do not write an essay about the MCAT.

Since the prompt uses the phrase major setback, I would think of it as a one-time event/outcome as opposed to your experience with a chronic health problem.
Can you please explain why you don't suggest writing about MCAT struggles? Just curious, because I thought about it as well

Can you please explain why you don't suggest writing about MCAT struggles? Just curious, because I thought about it as well
It does not add anything to your app and is cliche. It is meant to be about life experiences usually to show your development outside an academic setting (ie grades and test scores)

Reactions: 2 users
lol I submitted my secondary a week ago so I’ll probably be complete late September at this rate RIP

When after people submitted the secondary, did it still have a red X and say "awaiting"? Mine does.

I know it says recommended, but is not having a physician/medical letter going to hurt my application? Also are interviews virtual or in person this year?

I know it says recommended, but is not having a physician/medical letter going to hurt my application? Also are interviews virtual or in person this year?
Interviews are in-person _ I may be wrong about this, their website now says Virtual - Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Their website says they will be virtual - see the webpage at the very bottom
Thanks for the update - when I checked the MSAR list of types of interviews for this year, this school had been listed as in-person.
Can anyone who has been invited so far confirm whether they are all virtual?

II just now, submitted 7/10 and pretty sure my application was complete at that time but got an "application complete" email on 8/2 along with a bunch of other people, ORM OOS LM 70

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II!!! my first one! LM 72.5, submitted 7/5, marked complete 8/2

II just now, submitted 7/10 and pretty sure my application was complete at that time but got an "application complete" email on 8/2 along with a bunch of other people, ORM OOS LM 70

lol also complete 8/2 and LM abt 70 so now i’m checking my email too much 🫣🫣

Anybody else still waiting on a complete email? I submitted 7/10 and silence since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else still waiting on a complete email? I submitted 7/10 and silence since then.
Secondary received and submitted on 8/13. Received a “Supplemental Application Received” email on 8/14. Maybe email admissions to confirm that they received it?

Is "supplemental application received" the complete email? Submitted secondary 7/14, and received the supplemental received email on 7/21, but in this email it says to allow for three to four weeks for them to audit application materials before moving my application to review. I'm not sure if I'm waiting on a complete email or on a decision email now.

Secondary received and submitted on 8/13. Received a “Supplemental Application Received” email on 8/14. Maybe email admissions to confirm that they received it?
Is "supplemental application received" the complete email? Submitted secondary 7/14, and received the supplemental received email on 7/21, but in this email it says to allow for three to four weeks for them to audit application materials before moving my application to review. I'm not sure if I'm waiting on a complete email or on a decision email now.

This "Supplemental Received" email isn't the same as the complete email. Open it up and you'll see it says "Please allow us three to four weeks to audit your application materials and ensure that we have received all materials required to move your application for initial review."

I'm not sure why RFU has this process, but I also submitted my secondary there in August and don't expect to hear back from RFU until late this month for a complete email. Most schools take 4-6 weeks after completion to review the app, so unfortunately the earliest they might take action on our apps would likely be late October/early November.

I received two emails. One like a week, after I submitted that, said "supplemental application received" and one on 8/2 said "your application folder is complete and ready for review"

I received two emails. One like a week, after I submitted that, said "supplemental application received" and one on 8/2 said "your application folder is complete and ready for review"
The second email you received is probably the one we’re all looking for!

The second email you received is probably the one we’re all looking for!
yes! so i wouldn't stress about II until after you receive the second email because I think that signals you are under review

RFU is ranked higher than many medical schools and its residency match is very impressive. But why is so much negativity towards this college in REDDIT and other blogs?

RFU is ranked higher than many medical schools and its residency match is very impressive. But why is so much negativity towards this college in REDDIT and other blogs?

Ppl who get rejected get salty

I submitted my application on 7/18 but still haven't received the completion email. Should I call them or wait another week?

Do we get an under review email?
I emailed them today asking because I submitted my secondary 7/22 and still no complete email and they basically just said they’re very busy and hope to send an email with a status update soon.

Submitted on 7/10 and never received a complete email. I called the school the other day and they looked up my file and said they are in the process of making sure it is complete to move onto the admissions committee. I asked if there was anything I needed to do and they checked my file and said everything seemed there and I just needed to wait and that this is completely normal.