2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II today, complete 8/21, LM 80.5

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an OOS II yesterday afternoon, I’ve been hearing talk about a mixer the night before the interview? Does anyone know around what time the mixer starts & if it’s mandatory if I can’t make it?

Got an OOS II yesterday afternoon, I’ve been hearing talk about a mixer the night before the interview? Does anyone know around what time the mixer starts & if it’s mandatory if I can’t make it?
At least for me it wasn’t mandatory but it was kinda fun! I think it started around 5:30 AZ time? Something like that

Does anyone know how often they allow interviewees to complete their interviews virtually? I recently received an interview but am from OOS and do not have the budget for the flight and accommodation.

Does anyone know how often they allow interviewees to complete their interviews virtually? I recently received an interview but am from OOS and do not have the budget for the flight and accommodation.
They said that besides the 1/8 date there's one virtual interview date on March. That date will be the last interview of the cycle before adcom starts finalizing how their upcoming class will look like in April.

Got an email reminding about the decision this Friday

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is very odd.. for sure cus they already told us it was gonna be Friday. Did anyone anticipating a decision NOT get this email?

Did your emails also say keep an eye out for his cell/office?

Dr. Fogerty out there playing with our emotions with this email

They said that besides the 1/8 date there's one virtual interview date on March. That date will be the last interview of the cycle before adcom starts finalizing how their upcoming class will look like in April.

Are both the 1/8 date and the March interview date available for virtual interviews? Or only the March date?

Are both the 1/8 date and the March interview date available for virtual interviews? Or only the March date?
i called to ask if they had alternate dates, and it looks like besides 1/8 (in-person), they have one other in-person date (2/5) and one virtual date (3/4). those were the only dates they provided me information about!

Also wondering if anyone on hold didn’t get this email…
Not on hold, but I got the email. I am post II in Nov. At our interview Dr Fogerty told us to anticipate hearing from him on 12/18. I took the email as a simple schedule adjustment. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

does anyone know if there is a regular time people get emailed about waitlist/hold status on update days? i know acceptances get called throughout the day

does anyone know if there is a regular time people get emailed about waitlist/hold status on update days? i know acceptances get called throughout the day
It's usually around 4 pm EST, but I've gotten the email the next morning a few times too!

I wonder if “holds” are actually re-reviewed throughout the cycle or if it’s basically a waitlist at this point… seems like nobody on hold has gotten accepted to this point

I wonder if “holds” are actually re-reviewed throughout the cycle or if it’s basically a waitlist at this point… seems like nobody on hold has gotten accepted to this point
Yea I was accepted after a 4 week hold. Also I think people on hold will see a lot more movement after “choose your medical school” goes live in February.

the tracker stayed at 88. wonder if they forgot to update the website or if they didn't accept anyone last week

Reactions: 2 users
I'm considering doing the March virtual interview instead of the 1/8 in-person interview. Does anyone know if this will put me at a significant disadvantage for admission?

I'm considering doing the March virtual interview instead of the 1/8 in-person interview. Does anyone know if this will put me at a significant disadvantage for admission?
They are being pretty conservative with the building their class but personally I think earlier is always better when it comes to med school admission cycles. Also I really enjoyed their interview day!

Wondering this as well.

I am from the east coast and already have events planned for the January and February dates, so I had to schedule for the virtual one.

Does anyone know if we are expected to ask questions on the MMI interview? Or will we have plenty of time for that during the applicant visit day

Does anyone know if we are expected to ask questions on the MMI interview? Or will we have plenty of time for that during the applicant visit day
During the actual interview no you won’t really ask questions unless you need clarification on something. Throughout the day there are lots of opportunities to ask questions about the school training there

For the MMI, was it only ethical scenarios or did they ask why medicine, why the school, tell me about yourself, etc? (if you can't directly say, indirectly saying it is fine too)

For the MMI, was it only ethical scenarios or did they ask why medicine, why the school, tell me about yourself, etc? (if you can't directly say, indirectly saying it is fine too)
all interviewees signed NDAs. With that being said, those questions are usually fair game for MMIs.

Last edited: