2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They’re accepting so slowly this year
It's intentional. In the interview they mentioned how research is showing them that the best way to fill their class without worrying about over accepting is to be more conservative with the As they give out at first. The Dean mentioned that being on hold/waitlist is a good thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IS LM 75 complete 7/13 and total silence other than the email in September saying they are still reviewing. When do I give up hope for an II :(

IS LM 75 complete 7/13 and total silence other than the email in September saying they are still reviewing. When do I give up hope for an II :(
Definitely don’t give up hope yet, it seems like this year they’re doing one AVD per month and send the II’s a couple weeks prior. And they interview through the end of February.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they reject people post-II here? Dr. Fogerty did mention that they try to reject people after interview asap out of consideration and courtesy so that applicants know where they stand in the cycle.

I wonder how often they accept people off “hold” during the cycle or if the majority of holds get reevaluated during the waitlist period

Members don't see this ad :)
10/30 interview, placed on hold. Seems like theyre sending out initial acceptances then will circle back to those on hold. Has anyone been accepted off of hold yet?

I wonder how often they accept people off “hold” during the cycle or if the majority of holds get reevaluated during the waitlist period
They send admission offers about every two weeks, with the current numbers:
30 (10/16) - Total 30
10 (10/23) - Total 40
20 (11/07) - Total 60

Unknown (11/20)

Last year, they sent about 180 offers with 120 acceptances, so we'll see!

They send admission offers about every two weeks, with the current numbers:
30 (10/16) - Total 30
10 (10/23) - Total 40
20 (11/07) - Total 60

Unknown (11/20)

Last year, they sent about 180 offers with 120 acceptances, so we'll see!
Admissions tracker just updated to 74 admission offers, so looks like 14 were sent out today

Reactions: 1 user
They've offered 315 interviews and given out 74 offers. 74/315= 23.5% of interviewers offered As so far

At the end of the cycle last year they gave out 513 interviews and gave out 167 offers. 167/513=32.5%

I think about 10-15% of people on hold (assuming they didn't reject anyone yet) will be offered acceptances. If half of the people on hold withdraw from this school, it may be more like 20-30% .

They've offered 315 interviews and given out 74 offers. 74/315= 23.5% of interviewers offered As so far

At the end of the cycle last year they gave out 513 interviews and gave out 167 offers. 167/513=32.5%

I think about 10-15% of people on hold (assuming they didn't reject anyone yet) will be offered acceptances. If half of the people on hold withdraw from this school, it may be more like 20-30% .
Where do you see this? On their website it shows 442 interviews for 181 accepted and 120 matriculated for last years class

Where do you see this? On their website it shows 442 interviews for 181 accepted and 120 matriculated for last years class

181 figure includes those pulled from the waitlist, I think. Using that, about 15% will be accepted

Got the A yesterday morning as well. OOS

• Love
Screening complete email just now. Complete 9/14
+1

The email says:
"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona COM-Phoenix. We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. This step includes the review of your academic and personal achievements; professional experiences and references; and essay responses.

Applications are continuously reviewed and you may not receive any updates between the initial review of your application until the end of our interview season in February. Please note that we are not able to receive any updates to your application. If our Admissions Committee requests any additional information, we will reach out directly."

Screening complete email just now. Complete 9/14
+1 on 11/9. Haven't heard from them since... Anyone know if they will they send out Pre-II Rs? or just wait til the end of the cycle?

I see from earlier postings that folks who interviewed in Oct had heard back with either acceptance or hold. I am wondering if everyone who interviewed in Oct have been notified. My cousin interviewed on 10/30 but she hasn't heard anything (no acceptance, hold, or reject call or emails). I am wondering if somehow she was missed by mistake or only part of the interview groups in Oct have been notified and the rest is still waiting. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

I see from earlier postings that folks who interviewed in Oct had heard back with either acceptance or hold. I am wondering if everyone who interviewed in Oct have been notified. My cousin interviewed on 10/30 but she hasn't heard anything (no acceptance, hold, or reject call or emails). I am wondering if somehow she was missed by mistake or only part of the interview groups in Oct have been notified and the rest is still waiting. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
It depends on which interview group she was on. If she was in the first one, she would’ve heard back on the 20th of November and if she was in the second group, she will hear back today.

been on hold (August interview) and expecting another one today sigh :s

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yep me too and also expecting the same. Why do I get the feeling we won’t get a definitive decision until like February or March
There's a lot of people on hold rn and looks like they send 10-20 As (of which majority are from the newest interview date) for every decision date. Maybe once they complete their interviews in February?march? we will see more movements in the people in hold

There's a lot of people on hold rn and looks like they send 10-20 As (of which majority are from the newest interview date) for every decision date. Maybe once they complete their interviews in February?march? we will see more movements in the people in hold
Yep I think you’re right. Just more waiting haha