2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No one has heard of their second look being announced yet right? I’m so confused because I went to a revisit day and the M1s were talking about how there is still a second look that they do and that’s a way better experience than the revisit days, but at this point it’s already close to mid April so they would only have 2 weeks for it to occur.
No, I feel like they would have announced that by now

Members don't see this ad.

Got financial aid package today. Pretty much 0 aid rip

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance here, good luck to everyone!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Current rising MS4 at UACOMP here. Just my annual plug that there is an incredible opportunity to get tuition completely covered if you are married or have a domestic partner and they work for a public university in Arizona. I feel like this opportunity is not as well advertised as it could be and is 100% legit. Happy to answer any questions about that or any anything else bout UACOMP, so feel free to message me.

Reactions: 2 users
Current rising MS4 at UACOMP here. Just my annual plug that there is an incredible opportunity to get tuition completely covered if you are married or have a domestic partner and they work for a public university in Arizona. I feel like this opportunity is not as well advertised as it could be and is 100% legit. Happy to answer any questions about that or any anything else bout UACOMP, so feel free to message me.
Are they super strict about hitting the 20 hours. If my wife were to work and for whatever reason she ended up averaging closer to 15 hours, do you think we would run into any kind of issue? We have two young kids so as much as we would love to do it, we are just not sure how realistic it is.

Are they super strict about hitting the 20 hours. If my wife were to work and for whatever reason she ended up averaging closer to 15 hours, do you think we would run into any kind of issue? We have two young kids so as much as we would love to do it, we are just not sure how realistic it is.
I don't think the actual week-to-week matters that much, it's all about the official classification of the job that is being advertised, which needs to be 0.5 FTE. As long as someone has been officially hired for a 0.5 FTE position, they can submit the paperwork to get the qualified tuition reduction (QTR) for themself, spouse, or dependent. Then it would be entirely be up to the employer/boss of how much they actually work.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think the actual week-to-week matters that much, it's all about the official classification of the job that is being advertised, which needs to be 0.5 FTE. As long as someone has been officially hired for a 0.5 FTE position, they can submit the paperwork to get the qualified tuition reduction (QTR) for themself, spouse, or dependent. Then it would be entirely be up to the employer/boss of how much they actually work.
Awesome, thank you so much

Officially withdrew my acceptance here, hopefully some waitlist movement results good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the call a few hours ago! Will likely withdraw the A though

Reactions: 3 users
Got off the WL last night!

Reactions: 3 users
🐦‍🔥 let’s go!

Does anyone know if COMP uses NBME style exams? I am finding conflicting information from admit.org / past SDN threads

Does anyone know if COMP uses NBME style exams? I am finding conflicting information from admit.org / past SDN threads

From what I remember from attending the PBL sessions for Revisit Day, they did appear to be NBME style but this was not outwardly said to me.

Just got the A! Does anyone know how COMP compares to Creighton Phoenix? I've been accepted to both but having a hard time deciding which is the best option. A bit about me: I'm out of state but my husband is an AZ resident which may make getting residency status in the future easier and I'm interested in going into anesthesiology. Both schools seem great and super supportive but I'm not sure which will set me up the best for my goals. If all things are comparable I'll probably go with COMP since it's a bit cheaper. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 users
Neither school is ranked and they don’t share their residency match lists. I would recommend the cheaper option, COMP because you should have no problem qualifying as an in-state resident by year 2.

Neither school is ranked and they don’t share their residency match lists. I would recommend the cheaper option, COMP because you should have no problem qualifying as an in-state resident by year 2.
COMP does share their match list with accepted students and it was pretty impressive in my opinion. I think another big factor between the two are the clinical relations. COMP is associated with Banner and has strong clinical ties to St Joesephs and Phoenix Childrens'. I believe Creighton is fully associated with Valley Wise which is the safety net hospital for maricopa.

A off WL yesterday! Good luck to everyone on the WL, there's been so much movement.