2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else looking at the caribbean at this point like
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office
Stay strong.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will emailing my WLs “accept me pretty pretty please with ice cream on top” in addition to the multiple letters/updates I already sent make a difference at this point?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Listen. At this point I’m not sure I care if it’s a rejection or admission. I just want to make some future plans 😂

But I do care. I want that MD A.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I have decided that I will be receiving an email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you.
Not quite that week, but I got in today. First acceptance locked in, 4.0/521 to my in-state school.

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
I’m have decided I will get off my waitlist this week 😌

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Manifesting I get a call or email acceptance of the waitlist today🫶🏾

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I am once again manifesting that I get an acceptance call this week - and I hope everyone else on here anxiously waiting gets acceptances too!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, I'm still on my 6 WL unfortunately and I've gotten really far in the reapp but I'm having a really hard time approaching a rewrite of my personal statement. Half of my personal statement is just my life story and how I got into medicine so I don't really want to change it and I think it would be disingenuous to do so, but the last part is an anecdote from a time time in the clinic when everything clicked for me. Would it be okay to keep the PS the same when it got me 6 interviews after being complete in October? The most maddening part is half of my advisors tell me to completely rewrite it, and the other half are like there's nothing really to rewrite here and just send it in as is.

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I'm still on my 6 WL unfortunately and I've gotten really far in the reapp but I'm having a really hard time approaching a rewrite of my personal statement. Half of my personal statement is just my life story and how I got into medicine so I don't really want to change it and I think it would be disingenuous to do so, but the last part is an anecdote from a time time in the clinic when everything clicked for me. Would it be okay to keep the PS the same when it got me 6 interviews after being complete in October? The most maddening part is half of my advisors tell me to completely rewrite it, and the other half are like there's nothing really to rewrite here and just send it in as is.

on the same boat with 5 WL-- same thoughts like the PS was obviously good enough to get 5 MD interviews lol but maybe wasn't good enough at the end of the day plus other factors to get in. I changed around about half of my PS for this time around adding in a new experience that I had during my gap year

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
on the same boat with 5 WL-- same thoughts like the PS was obviously good enough to get 5 MD interviews lol but maybe wasn't good enough at the end of the day plus other factors to get in. I changed around about half of my PS for this time around adding in a new experience that I had during my gap year

I guess yeah that's good advice but I was just working a job all year while applying I wasn't really doing anything significant to change my app you know what I mean. Do your schools have good historic movement?

Reactions: 1 user
My fifth time manifesting this A. TBH been feeling like my hope is unfounded, but for some reason, Ive got a good feeling! Manifesting an acceptance email today!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Listen. At this point I’m not sure I care if it’s a rejection or admission. I just want to make some future plans

But I do care. I want that MD A.

As someone who has gone through multiple app cycles: plan as though you are rejected

Another day, another post. I've decided that I am receiving an acceptance off the waitlist of my top choice this week

• Love
still manifesting for myself, please let me able to stay in state and save $$$

• Care
  • Love
I have a question, which I could probably find out if I Google it, but I’m here and lazy so I’ll ask here.

Am I considered a reapplicant based on what school I applied to or just if based on if I applied in Amcas at all? Because last cycle I only ED and then added one school after being deferred, so does that mean I’m only a reapplicant for those two schools or a reapplicant in general? I plan to apply to many more schools this cycle, so I just want to know if I’m considered a first time applicant by the new school I apply to or still a reapplicant.

Also hopefully none of this matters and I get off the waitlist, so add this to the manifestation posts.

I sent in a LOI earlier this month but I’m tempted to send in another one :( the school doesn’t accept updates so I’d just be begging to be let in in another way than before 🥲

• Care
does that mean I’m only a reapplicant for those two schools or a reapplicant in general?
You will only be identified by AMCAS as a re-applicant at those two schools.
Some schools do ask, however.

Last edited:
I sent in a LOI to the director of admissions to the school I'm waitlisted at a few weeks ago and I was sent a response saying that he enjoyed reading it and that he feels like I will get off the waitlist. I was also told to circle back with him in a few weeks if I haven't heard anything back. Fast forward to today, I still haven't heard any update so I circled back with him and he said that I will most likely hear back in a few weeks. He also said that he hopes my efforts will be rewarded.

I don't know what any of this means. I feel like it's a good sign but it seems too good to be true? I won't be reaching out anymore, but I am honestly so confused. This whole process is stressing me out as I prepare for reapp.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I sent in a LOI to the director of admissions to the school I'm waitlisted at a few weeks ago and I was sent a response saying that he enjoyed reading it and that he feels like I will get off the waitlist. I was also told to circle back with him in a few weeks if I haven't heard anything back. Fast forward to today, I still haven't heard any update so I circled back with him and he said that I will most likely hear back in a few weeks. He also said that he hopes my efforts will be rewarded.

I don't know what any of this means. I feel like it's a good sign but it seems too good to be true?
1684878437131.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

I don't know what any of this means. I feel like it's a good sign but it seems too good to be true?
That LOI must have been 🔥🔥

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just curious, schools can see if your status of PTE/CTE/none. Does this factor into the decision at all (except CTE, since you need to drop all WL)? For example, schools might not take you off WL if you're already PTE since they know you'll be attending medical school OR schools don't take you off WL because you don't have a PTE and seem not desirable.

Asking as someone with only WL :(.

• Care
Just curious, schools can see if your status of PTE/CTE/none. Does this factor into the decision at all (except CTE, since you need to drop all WL)? For example, schools might not take you off WL if you're already PTE since they know you'll be attending medical school OR schools don't take you off WL because you don't have a PTE and seem not desirable.

Asking as someone with only WL :(.
As the start of school approaches, someone who holds no acceptances may seem more desirable (at schools with an unranked list) as they will need less time to decide.

• Care

Yeah I'm in a very similar position to you, and I think I agree with what the others here have said. It seems like admissions committees expect to see a rewritten personal statement -- but that we can continue to use the same general "life story", themes, or important anecdotes. Like you, I just worked in a job all year and don't really have some huge new thing to write about in the statement. So I'm just trying to improve the structure of the essay, the clarity of my motivations for medicine, swapping a few anecdotes to better focus the essay, and things like that.

As the start of school approaches, someone who holds no acceptances may seem more desirable (at schools with an unranked list) as they will need less time to decide.
Don't do it. Don't give me hope. My top choice is an unranked WL.

Kidding. Thank you for the insight! I'm preparing my reapp just in case, but I'll hold on to some hope :).

• Care
How about if the applicant sent an LOI to the waitlist school and PTE'd solely to follow traffic rules. Would they be seen as more desirable compared to someone with no acceptances?

Manifesting an A off at least one of my WLs again - let's do this !! 🙏🙏🤞✨

• Love
day 3 of the week: Today is the day that I receive an acceptance from my WLs!

• Love
I will get accepted from my top school this week

• Love
DAY 3 LETS GOOOO

Manifesting that I will get an A from my one of my AL schools!

• Love
🕯️🕯️Manifesting that all my homies here get an A from their top choice WL school this week!! 🕯️🕯️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
*tries to breathe through a budding panic attack*

• Care
🙏Manifesting an A from the only school that gave me an interview this cycle! 🙏

• Love
  • Care
How about if the applicant sent an LOI to the waitlist school and PTE'd solely to follow traffic rules. Would they be seen as more desirable compared to someone with no acceptances?
It depends on the candidate and school practices.

manifesting an A off of the waitlist today!!!

i will receive an acceptance call today💙🤞🏾

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I WILL GET OFF THE WAITLIST THIS WEEK

• Love
Manifesting an acceptance off of the waitlist today!!

I will receive an acceptance call today.❤️‍🩹

• Love
Another day, another post. I am receiving an acceptance from my top waitlist school by the end of this week!

• Love
Anyone else feel like they get the coldest email responses when communicating with schools...like it wouldn't kill you to have a little bit of compassion I'm hanging by a thread here 🥺🥺🥺

• Care
Reactions: 18 users