2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im not even really worried that there won’t be movement (I’m only WLd at DO schools), I know there will be but I don’t wanna wait till mid to end of June for major movement. I would love vacation this summer before I become a slave to medicine lol but I can’t bc I may have to get up and move across the country with a weeks notice
I totally get that. I'm right there with you and it leaves me anxious! I really keep bouncing back and forth thinking that I've got it, I'll get an A from one of my schools and thinking that there's no way it's going to happen. It's really a toxic cycle ngl haha but we've all got this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Im not even really worried that there won’t be movement (I’m only WLd at DO schools), I know there will be but I don’t wanna wait till mid to end of June for major movement. I would love vacation this summer before I become a slave to medicine lol but I can’t bc I may have to get up and move across the country with a weeks notice

Omg same. I was planning to travel but I have no idea what’s going to happen and if I don’t get in I’ll need to be working on applications and finding a new job

Reactions: 4 users
literally same I’m so burnt out studying for the mcat and doing apps all over again this process simply sucks

yeah dude i was doing two masters, mcat, and apps at the same time last year so i understand. everyday is groundhog day

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These next 3 weeks are going to drive me crazy... and if I get accepted I will have to move ASAP :/ hoping for the best. Doesn't help that I keep looking at accepted groupchats... I hope the number stops growing >.<

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else favoriting apartments on Zillow for schools you didn’t even get into yet or just me 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
i legit do the exact same thing! I'm like ohhh this would be a perfect place to live in...if I got into that school!
Anyone else favoriting apartments on Zillow for schools you didn’t even get into yet or just me 😅😅

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waitlist/got my first A today!!! THERE IS HOPE! :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 25 users
manifesting a UTMB A off the WL as well i WILL get it i believe (i’m trying and struggling to do so)
Soon, you will be an M.D. candidate class of 2028 at UTMB John Sealy School of Medicine!!

Last edited by a moderator:
and i’m manifesting that you’ll be an M.D. candidate, class of ‘28 at Belmont University’s Thomas F. Frist College of Medicine!
how has WL movement been at UTMB?

also interesting story but I was traveling last year and I met someone who was telling me their daughter got into UTMB when I told them I'm applying to med schools -- interesting connection!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
how has WL movement been at UTMB?

also interesting story but I was traveling last year and I met someone who was telling me their daughter got into UTMB when I told them I'm applying to med schools -- interesting connection, but I'm manifesting!!!

i know of at least 6-7 offers just on sdn these past 10 days : / the rest of the movement has been quite slow for tmdsas tbh so it’s even more disheartening. and what a coincidence! thanks again dude and same from me to you

still waiting to hear back from my only MD interview... I probably won't hear back for another month

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone else feel like their heart is getting stabbed each time someone gets off the waitlist at the school they’re waiting to hear from?

• Care
Reactions: 35 users
Does anyone else feel like their heart is getting stabbed each time someone gets off the waitlist at the school they’re waiting to hear from?
yep. my top choice school also sent a survey asking WL folks to indicate whether the school was their top choice, and it’s confusing to me to see people get in and say they did NOT indicate it was their top choice. not saying they don’t deserve an A, but it just feels weird when the school KNOWS there are people who would commit in a heartbeat and they’re getting passed over

Reactions: 7 users
yep. my top choice school also sent a survey asking WL folks to indicate whether the school was their top choice, and it’s confusing to me to see people get in and say they did NOT indicate it was their top choice. not saying they don’t deserve an A, but it just feels weird when the school KNOWS there are people who would commit in a heartbeat and they’re getting passed over

Sometimes the actions of these admissions committees make no sense

Reactions: 1 user
I get excited for a second thinking I’m next on their call list but then the day ends and I’ve still heard nothing 😕

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
how crazy is this process making you guys? I literally went to a tarot card reading psychic asking if id get in and I check the accepted student's facebook group member count daily so I have already lost my mind completely (ps psychic said yes but dw I'm still writing my re-app lol)
That’s dangerous fam

Reactions: 3 users
Brodies having motions

IMG_2825.jpeg

When bad times are hitting, this is my jam

• Care
We learned about “learned helplessness” for the mcat but man I’m actually going through it now… feels like I’m never gonna get in

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
I know WL movement has been somewhat slow due to FAFSA delays/ PTE extension but this process has been so frustrating. I just want to know if I get off the WL or not 😫

Reactions: 13 users
going on week 3 of me saying i’ll get into one of my three waitlists this week :/

Reactions: 20 users
hahah I’m trying to rationalize my situation but my schools been having WL movement…but I scored my highest on a FL (my first time ever getting over a (510!!!)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Someone stop me before I send a 4th update letter to all my schools :O

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I'd err on the side of caution unless you truly have substantial updates, otherwise you might risk annoying them with fluff. Hope one (or more) of the schools works out for you!

Reactions: 5 users
don’t!! You’ve already expressed your interest!

- this is from someone that has sent multiple emails about updates/intent!

Are schools that have had delayed movement starting to see some movement yet? Both of my WLs are still at 0 As reported on SDN.

Reactions: 7 users
it's so hard waiting for the results of my only MD interview, which happened late match. I don't even know if there are going to be spots left in the class by the time they get to my interview week. and I won't be hearing back for another month. :(

it's so hard waiting for the results of my only MD interview, which happened late match. I don't even know if there are going to be spots left in the class by the time they get to my interview week. and I won't be hearing back for another month. :(
let's just hope there's vacant spots for us all soon!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Another Monday of absolutely nothing 😐

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 28 users
Yes. And I think the part that folks don’t talk about is that sometimes there are folks that you’ve been chatting and commiserating with in a school specific thread, and then in DMs, and then suddenly they’re in, and you’re happy for them, but you’re also a bit lonelier. One less person who understands what you are going through.

This has happened to me a couple of times over the past few weeks. I’m just trying to take it a day at a time now.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 29 users
the little voice in my head going "give up" just keeps getting a little louder everyday as the cycle ends

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
for me, i wouldn't even be dramatic if i said i lost all hope for this cycle and am cheering on others that are WL'ed at my school

• Care
I’ve already accepted that I’ll need a miracle to get in this cycle. I really hope for one but each day just feels more excruciatingly painful as I drudge onwards with reapp prep.

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
It's joever, all hope is lost.

• Care
Is the May 15th date relevant to DO schools?
I think it’s for TMDSAS medical schools. After this date, they can’t make acceptance offers to Texas resident applicants who already have an acceptance at another TMDSAS school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user